+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    I'll reply to that with a picture of my hair. Remember that I am 23 years old.

You look recoverable. Being so young dramatically increases your chances of recovering some lost hair. Though you are not likely to get back all you have lost - and it will take a pretty long time.

Are you treating it? If you are using the FDA approved treatments, you will likely know how much you can recover after about 18 months of treatment.

I've been using minoxidil since I was 20. Yes it should be worse than that. I can't take finasteride (I have had gynecomastia surgery 9 months ago) and I have my first FUE scheduled in February.

I've been using minoxidil since I was 20. Yes it should be worse than that. I can't take finasteride (I have had gynecomastia surgery 9 months ago) and I have my first FUE scheduled in February.
    FUE without fin is risky. Have you considered taking fin with estrogen blockers?

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    FUE without fin is risky. Have you considered taking fin with estrogen blockers?
    You do NOT want to be on aromatase inhibitors or SERMS. Even those guys on a cycle take it as much as is needed and get the f off them. Taking Fin is a lifelong commitment and you SHOULD NOT be taking AIs or SERMS long term.

Quote Originally Posted by adam k View Post
    You do NOT want to be on aromatase inhibitors or SERMS. Even those guys on a cycle take it as much as is needed and get the f off them. Taking Fin is a lifelong commitment and you SHOULD NOT be taking AIs or SERMS long term.
    Unfortunate.
    Alternatives?

Unfortunate.
    Alternatives?
    RU but it's a hassle man. I'd do it if I couldnt take fin.

Quote Originally Posted by Assemblage23 View Post
    RU but it's a hassle man. I'd do it if I couldnt take fin.
    Not that big of a hassel especially if you use liquid minox. Just chuck er in there!

Having had a horeshoe by the time I was your age I would completely disagree. Women are vain. Extremely vain. Much more so than men. You will learn this as you grow older and become wiser.

I read:

Hair loss won't prevent you from living a fulfilling life or from dating. Tracy is the only one right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Coke View Post
    Having had a horeshoe by the time I was your age I would completely disagree. Women are vain. Extremely vain. Much more so than men. You will learn this as you grow older and become wiser.

We all want power and control. To whatever degree that makes us comfortable. It comes in various forms but the most productive for men is what will make you desirable to women and what will make you respected and even envied by other men.

The same is in reverse for women.

Height, muscle tone body fat, the way we dress and our careers go a long way. So does a full head of hair. These are the main ones women tend to screen us on. They cant demand we drop our pants or they would do that too.

So we get judged on these superficial qualities right away. We cant even get our foot in the door unless we pass this test.

Then the things that really matter in our lives take over. Our belief system. Our life goals . Our ability to care for others. Etc........

So Tracy is right that if we are just decent guys,shower and have a job, we will get laid and be able to mate.

The problem is that the women we attract based on those characteristics alone may not be the ones we want. We may want a wider selection than that.Same goes for the ladies. They bend over backwards in a never ending pursuit to become as pretty as possible and desirable as possible to men.

The more men they attract, the more other women will envy them and invariably have to suck up to them. They spend BILLIONS of dollars per year in this never ending pursuit.

And spend all their time DENYING that they do it.

Yet, I am sure most of us have dated women like this, and they utterly ruined it by being complete biotches . This made them useless to us. Regardless of how gorgeous they were.

So here is what i propose.

Be as good looking as we can on the outside. Spare no expense. If this means propecia, minox , toppik , dermatch and hair transplants, so be it.

If it means hair toppers, wigs , systems or the hair tattoo , more power to you.

But Tracys point is undeniable. You can have all this and if you are a butt hole, you wasted your entire effort. So make sure we are great people on the inside too.

Someone liking how you look is the ultimate cheat in life. When a woman gets neurochem rushes just from looking at your face, all your interactions with her become colored by that....the stuff you can get away with in this situation is insane.
    This is the most legitimate thing I have ever posted on this forum.

This is what we are fighting for