+ Reply to Thread

Default Hair Transplants

Right, basically im either a slow receeder or have a stupidly high hairline, jury is still out on that I have had people say both (Hairdressers and Doctors). End of the day I think im receeding. Now, I have buzzed my hair to the hairline before in an attempt to get over it, which i sometimes like and othertimes detest when I look in the mirror and then grow it our a bit again. Currently I have my hair grown out and sorta bushed back on itself to make a sort of quiff. Anywhoooo Im starting to get tired of that and am thinking of buzzing it all off again and in the mean time consider a Hair transplant. Now Ive seen some great HT's and some terrible ones, I have enough money to pay for multiples if i want and i can afford the best doctor but I understand that HT's are limited so my question is to you is it possible to regaine a total head of hair through HT's or will it always look like i just jumped out the shower then the suns out? If so i guess im just gonna have to get over it which thankfully i think Im about half way through doing and just shave the little weak Follicular ****s off.

Thanks Team

Regards

Badger

The key to the overall success is salvaging as much hair on top and strengthening it as therefore you will be able to minimise the number /amount of HT's you will need, short and long term. Getting on finasteride 15 years ago is the ultimate secret to my overall success and full head of hair.

A builder who builds a wall to stand the test of time builds it on a solid foundation :-)

Take your time and do not rush into anything as surgery is a last resort.

Regards
    Spexhair
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    The key to the overall success is salvaging as much hair on top and strengthening it as therefore you will be able to minimise the number /amount of HT's you will need, short and long term. Getting on finasteride 15 years ago is the ultimate secret to my overall success and full head of hair.

A builder who builds a wall to stand the test of time builds it on a solid foundation :-)

Take your time and do not rush into anything as surgery is a last resort.

Regards
    Spexhair
    Looks like im gonna have to shave my head then, no way am I gonna chemically castrate myself regardless of how small the odds. Are you saying I would need to go on fin in order to have a decent head of hair regardless of the amount of HT's?

Impossible to say as without a crystal ball as hard to know the full extent of your hair loss. Hair loss is progressive, its just at what point it stops..

All the very best
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    Impossible to say as without a crystal ball as hard to know the full extent of your hair loss. Hair loss is progressive, its just at what point it stops..

All the very best
    Spex
    Sorry I mean with the idea that i will be fully bald, is it possible to regain a good head of hair through HT's?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbarrybadger View Post
    Sorry I mean with the idea that i will be fully bald, is it possible to regain a good head of hair through HT's?
    Maybe. Depends on your age, how much hair you're genetically destined to lose, and the quality and density of your hair: Examples of major surgeries: http://www.shapiromedical.com/our_pa...major_gallery/

The reason medication is so strongly advised for people who have hair transplants is that it helps you keep most of the hair you have. Once you've transplanted about 6000 grafts, you have none left to transplant, and whatever hairs have already been transplanted are there forever, while everything else around will probably still fall out.

So without medication, you hair will continue to degrade, and by the time you've had a hair transplant and it starts to grow in and look good 8-12 months later, the hair immediately around it may already be starting to disappear...so then you gotta go back soon after and do it all over again. And again, until you've run out of grafts that you can transplant.

Quote Originally Posted by RU58841 View Post
    Maybe. Depends on your age, how much hair you're genetically destined to lose, and the quality and density of your hair: Examples of major surgeries: http://www.shapiromedical.com/our_pa...major_gallery/

The reason medication is so strongly advised for people who have hair transplants is that it helps you keep most of the hair you have. Once you've transplanted about 6000 grafts, you have none left to transplant, and whatever hairs have already been transplanted are there forever, while everything else around will probably still fall out.

So without medication, you hair will continue to degrade, and by the time you've had a hair transplant and it starts to grow in and look good 8-12 months later, the hair immediately around it may already be starting to disappear...so then you gotta go back soon after and do it all over again. And again, until you've run out of grafts that you can transplant.
    then hopefully by the time that happens there will be some form of hair cloning