+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by StressedToTheBald View Post
    Its two top US Universities studies, professors and MDs talking..
    Article is written by a professional journalist.
    I don't get Your point.

I dont know I guess if it's true it's for some people not all.

It's too late for me after taking it for 6 years at a reduced dose.

Stressed are you a guy who had sides and quit or what.
    You are always preaching that propecia is bad?
    Just wondering,

Read this
    http://www.theonlineclinic.co.uk/news/Propecia.aspx

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by bob13 View Post
    I dont know I guess if it's true it's for some people not all.

It's too late for me after taking it for 6 years at a reduced dose.

Stressed are you a guy who had sides and quit or what.
    You are always preaching that propecia is bad?
    Just wondering,

Read this
    http://www.theonlineclinic.co.uk/news/Propecia.aspx
    The point is that for many it does not work out and these people end messed up for life with no proper fix. I'm a guy who learned I shouldn't even start going down the propecia road, as the risks are very real and very serious.. That was the point of my post also, its top 2 US Universities studies, professors, MDs who know what they are talking about.. its now official, this drug is a health hazard.. I feel blessed that I never started using it, yes I preached against it, and turns out I was right all along..

And its not just that, if You've read the article theres doctors saying they've presribed this drug a lot.. but now, with these new findings - they say that if they knew how dangerous this drug was, they'd never prescribe it in the first place.

The point is that for many it does not work out and these people end messed up for life with no proper fix. I'm a guy who learned I shouldn't even start going down the propecia road, as the risks are very real and very serious.. That was the point of my post also, its top 2 US Universities studies, professors, MDs who know what they are talking about.. its now official, this drug is a health hazard.. I feel blessed that I never started using it, yes I preached against it, and turns out I was right all along..

And its not just that, if You've read the article theres doctors saying they've presribed this drug a lot.. but now, with these new findings - they say that if they knew how dangerous this drug was, they'd never prescribe it in the first place.
    Well you know that I never suffered from ED so it may be true for some but not for others.
    Being older I didnt care about sex that much way before I started taking it.

You know I quit for 6 months because I heard about the cancer thing but Kobrun had the guy for the cancer institute say that propecia was good for cancer. That is why I started again.
    Noone wants to lose their hair.

Inactive

Well you know that I never suffered from ED so it may be true for some but not for others.
    Being older I didnt care about sex that much way before I started taking it.

You know I quit for 6 months because I heard about the cancer thing but Kobrun had the guy for the cancer institute say that propecia was good for cancer. That is why I started again.
    Noone wants to lose their hair.
    No one said everyone ends up badly. You had the luck to end up on the safe side, but as I remember You did quit for some side effects after all ?

Well, that most recent study actually links propecia with cancer as well. These doctors claiming so are US University professors, they have high end reputation, knowledge and experience. But its not up to me to convince You, I only say what I think and what has backing in scientific studies, but everyone has a right to choose for better or for worse if they can live with the risks and potential consequences.

I agree, no one wants to lose their hair. I wish there was a real and most importantly safe cure - then all of us would use it.

Well, that most recent study actually links propecia with cancer as well.
    That recent study you keep cluster bombing this forum with was not a reliable study. At best the conclusion of that study is that more study is needed.

this forum is to depressing.
    too much bad info,
    it's just too much. Time to move on.

What good is trying to do something for yourself just to hear
    your gonna get cancer or ED.

Nah this is not for me.

Man,
    The examiner story is pretty damning. I may stop taking the medicine as this is not the first time I have heard this same information and from other articles.The facts are I do have side effects and everyone I know taking the medicine has side effects. Propecia is effective in restoring hair as I used it years ago. I thought half a dose may be the answer for me. Merck had listed the side effects in their original clinical study as less than 2% of men taking the medicine experienced side effects and most reported these went away. I noticed that the original Propicia/Merck website has been pulled down. This I am sure is because of pending legal action. Oh well, hair is over rated

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Glawre View Post
    Man,
    The examiner story is pretty damning. I may stop taking the medicine as this is not the first time I have heard this same information and from other articles.The facts are I do have side effects and everyone I know taking the medicine has side effects. Propecia is effective in restoring hair as I used it years ago. I thought half a dose may be the answer for me. Merck had listed the side effects in their original clinical study as less than 2% of men taking the medicine experienced side effects and most reported these went away. I noticed that the original Propicia/Merck website has been pulled down. This I am sure is because of pending legal action. Oh well, hair is over rated
    It became official now. Its very serious and its backed by 2 top university studies, one from Boston, the other from Washington. Both are casting new light, fully exposing the hazards of propecia. Dr. Traish and Dr. Irwig are talking about permanent ED, cancer, depression, and percentages of side effects presented by Dr. Irwig are outstandingly higher than ones presented by Merck ! And they say its just top of the iceberg. With all these new findings, its a completely new legal situation.. lawyers are preparing for first class lawsuits.. damaged patients will be pressing charges all over the place.. the ultimate insult coming from Merck, they've shut down their own website and put a small notice in the bottom - saying all damaged should report their complaints to FDA.. so much of taking the blame ! they know once the news starts rolling, everyone will find out and not only that they'll loose money because no one will buy propecia ever again, but they'll also have to pay damages and settlements to all those people whose lives are ruined as a result of propecia.

Ive been taking a half dose for 6 years , it works.
    Question on the half dose you have been taking for 6 years. Have you seen a big difference? Has it been effective. What about side effects.

Thanks for the feedback.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Glawre View Post
    Man,
    The examiner story is nothing to worry about. Dr. Irwig conducted his "study" by ranking 71 members of propeciahelp.com on the Arizona Sexual Experience Scale. In fact Spencer Kobren covered that story a year ago.
    There isn't currently scientific evidence that finasteride causes permanent impotence or anything of the sort. I generally would advise against reading pop media articles about hair loss treatments.
    Also, there are lawsuits against all kinds of drugs on a regular basis. They mean nothing in themselves. You often see lawyers advertising on television about a particular kind of medicine; it's how some of them make a living.

The rate of side effects for finasteride is quite low (though I agree it may be higher than 2-3%), and those that come up often resolve on their own while continuing the medication. I have been on 1.25 mg for over a year and I'm fine.
    If you experience side effects on this drug, you can try a lower dose (.5 mg is a fine place to start).
    Finally, don't take StressedToTheBald seriously. He's the resident troll on The Bald Truth at the moment, and probably won't have his account for long.

Good luck.