+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Bakez View Post
    Im not really talking about success as in regrowth, just whether it stops further loss
    I was talking about success in a general sense, which might include re-growth or just stopping further loss. Finasteride can do both, with a higher chance of the latter.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I dont think propecia is worth it. Maybe there is natural alternatives. Has anyone read this book http://www.hairgrowthcure.com ?

Ceharon,
    I can tell you first hand, being a huge proponent of natural remedies, and having tried and researched almost every thing... you WON'T stop mpb with any natural measures. If there was an ACTUAL natural cure, it would have been marketed and someone would be making billions, and there wouldn't be enormous corporations investing millions of dollars into a cure. Instead, they would have just dumped a bunch of the natural stuff in a pill, gave it a fancy name and made bank and a thousand companies would be selling it every where. EVERY SINGLE ONE of those websites are a scam in their own way. Look up jared gates "hairloss protocol"... youtube it, google it. you see how they get fake testimonials from actual people? they are just playing off the vulnerabilities of hair loss sufferers. PLEASE, don't by into it. It is an endless, vicious, depressing loop.

That being said... if you are absolutely opposed to finasteride. there ARE a handful of natural things that MAY help inhibit formation of DHT. People often talk about saw palmetto, stinging nettles, pumpkin seed oil, MSM, so on and so forth... It is possible to find the "best" natural alternative to finasteride, so to speak. There are some places you can find all these in a pill. there are diets available that are rich in foods that SUPPOSEDLY are SOME WHAT effective at blocking formation of DHT... Once again, if you go this route, go through it with low expectations. Or try using a topical such as RU or OC...

Having tried a lot of natural stuff myself I would say none of it works. I think most men in the past hundred years probably try the diet and natural route first since people generally dont like drugs, and diet is something under your control that is easy to change.
    I do suspect saw palmetto might do something but I question if that standard dose 320mg is enough to do anything for hair. You need major androgen changes to get results like propecia. If saw palmetto lowers DHT by say 10 percent its just not enough to get any hair results. I personally think the natural route is a waste of time just because none of it is the strength you need for results. Some of might have some effect though
    Propecia works everywhere but I do think temple/frontal hair is more sensitive to androgens than hair at say the crown which is why that goes first most of the time.
    The bottom line is propecia right now is still the best thing that exists by far and its a lot better than nothing. It works to some extent everywhere so its better to try that and buy time for something better. You only have 3 or 4 years on propecia tops before better stuff is out

Propecia DOES NOT WORK FOR EVERYONE. I have used it for 1 year and 9 months. At the one year mark had massive loss and scalp pain. I lost my hairline and my crown thinned significantly. When I started, my loss was only limited to one side of right hairline. Now I lost my left and some of my crown. Therefor, propecia did NOTHING for me. I still use it, but I am going to be quitting when I get a transplant. I don't understand why everyone is in disbelief that it can make people worse. When I started shedding my eyebrows were sort of shedding as well which is a sign that it was hormonal. Propecia did something to me for sure and I got a hell of a lot worse on it.

Be safe and GET BLOODWORK even those that order from Inhouse. You need to be aware of what it is doing to you so you know what to add or what to drop. I have no baseline unfortunately because my derm is an ass hole.

I'm on finasteride for 3 months now. When I'm doing a pull-test on my temple area, usually I can see 2-3 hairs between my fingers. It's going on for weeks now. And it looks like it's happening on my temples only. Is this shedding or fin can't stop my hair loss in this area? I'm 36 and about a Norwood 2.5. I think my hairline looks worse now than 3 months ago.
    Plus my eyebrows are shedding as well. Should I quit?

its very difficult to grow hair on the temples, partly because it gets lost very early in the baldness process. Im thiinking of using 5% minox to see if it will help me in this particular area but its not said to work in this area either. Im guessing fin wont either.