+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 47 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by baldymcgee View Post
    This. So much this. I cancelled a scheduled HT (and forfeited my deposit) because the idea of having a strip of scalp hacked out freaked me out.
    Having a strip of scalp hacked out sucks, and it is something that it is there every single day of your life. Good decision.

I hope that a single incision is enough with pilofocus.

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showth...erenc&p=194757

Billena, Dr Wesley's representative, says that Dr Wesley will post in the forum this or next week to update on the status of pilofocus.

I think it would be better to ask questions to Billena rather than to Artista, as he works along with Dr Wesley.

Dr Wesley, this is exciting. Could you give us an update?

Billena, the cutting edge section is more appropriate for your posts on pilofocus

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Wesley, MD View Post
    To those requesting an update on Pilofocus, here is an article recently published in "The Verge". While both informative and somewhat provocative, the story contains a few points that require clarification:

1) The patient quoted with a large, red donor scar is not actually a surgical patient of mine, but rather a patient with whom I had a consultation as he sought treatment for his cosmetically-unacceptable surgical scar that he received after having undergone surgery with a different surgeon at a different location.

2) Amongst the many interviews I granted to the journalist, one took place immediately following a very in-depth consultation during which I counseled a severely-depressed teenager. Although his hair loss was his stated source of depression, I also worked to find him a psychiatrist that has helped him through his clinical depression. This is a rare instance and certainly does not reflect the majority of the healthy and confident patients with whom I meet. I was, therefore, disappointed in the otherwise well-written article when I felt that this unique psychiatric referral was presented as my preferred treatment for many. It falsely portrays our medical issue of hair loss as frivolous when, in reality, I feel so strongly about its importance that I have dedicated my professional career to treating it.

Hi Dr Wesley, how did the New Orleans presentation go?

I think Billena said in another thread that Dr. Wesley would be updating us all within a week or so. I can't wait to hear his progress. I'm trying to hold off on my next HT until pilofocus is released, so I hope that's by 2016.

So are there tubes on the actual device or no? I'm so confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Wait a sec' Hellouser ,
    There was NEVER an absolute date set for the new and improved Pilofocus' method, so your statement that
    "Pilofocus has been delayed by AT LEAST a year..." is not correct at all.
    I can understand that some forum members felt as you did, but honestly, there was NEVER a release date set.
    Look back on all of the conversations made by me, Spencer and Dr Wesley.
    It was mentioned that phase testing might POSSIBLY be finished at some point but it was only speculation.
    Since then Dr Wesley had decided to 'fine-tune' his endoscopic tools...and he did.
    If I heard Spencer correctly during the Live show, Dr Wesley has now restarted the phase testing..I will verify that soon.
    Hi Artista,
    Did you have the chance to verify or participate in the last phase testing of pilofocus? We are in the dark now as to what happened with that last trial

Quote Originally Posted by Premium View Post
    Hi Artista,
    Did you have the chance to verify or participate in the last phase testing of pilofocus? We are in the dark now as to what happened with that last trial
    From what I gathered in the last interview between Dr. Wesley and Spencer, I think the testing has been postponed further as they are completely changing the instrument for the purpose of increasing the speed of extraction as well as the accuracy. This, I'm sure, is vital to consistent donor regeneration as the study that Dr. Wesley posted stated this, and from some of the information we have gathered from Dr. Garder, it supports this as well.

I hope, as all of you do, that we can get this treatment soon and I wish Dr. Wesley the best in his further studies. It would be great if we do see good regeneration.

I feel that there was not much info about timelines in Spencer's program. It seems like the modification should have been resolved before December and the trial was due to be started by then as Artista informed. Also patients who have contacted the clinic received automatic email responses saying that Pilofocus will be approved in a few months. It is quite exciting and frustrating at the same time. Hope that Billena or Artista can weigh in.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    From what I gathered in the last interview between Dr. Wesley and Spencer, I think the testing has been postponed further as they are completely changing the instrument for the purpose of increasing the speed of extraction as well as the accuracy. This, I'm sure, is vital to consistent donor regeneration as the study that Dr. Wesley posted stated this, and from some of the information we have gathered from Dr. Garder, it supports this as well.

I hope, as all of you do, that we can get this treatment soon and I wish Dr. Wesley the best in his further studies. It would be great if we do see good regeneration.
    👍