Destined to be bald - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

With the embarrassment of patchy eventually failed grafts to wear for the remainder of your life. This will make a bald naturally colored head look pretty. Just better to know with work, you'll hold on to your real hair nearly as long. Difficult to walk around proud, when people not in this forum will look at it as failed attempt of vanity, whether it is or not.
    I understand, and sm not trying to be a jerk here, just honest.

Hey mate I also suffered this problem in my early 20s and I tried everything I could to stop it.The humiliation no one would look at me the same saying to myself no woman would ever find me attractive. Now I am in my late 30s and I still have an issue with it the only difference is now I am not so sensitive about peoples remarks,looks and so on. I honestly don't think I will ever accept it either I still where a cap everywhere but also when I take it off I just do not seem to care as much as I used to. I will say though as you age it does get easier to deal with I was just really sensitive when I was younger most days I just wanted to end my own life. I don't have those thoughts anymore the advice I can offer you is if you really want to keep it go the minoxidil route and get a high quality shampoo/conditioner and some type of fungus cleaner that gets rid of the bacteria build up from a hair restoration place as they have all the best products for all your needs you can get it all online these days. Take the propecia pills also and saw palametto pills and follow all the instructions closely as it will keep falling out if you become lazy and complacent and skip a couple a days here and there this saved me for about 8 years but by the time I had reached the age of 28 and spent thousands on it it still did not look right it looked like a birds nest. As you can imagine myself esteem was completely shot by this time. It was my younger sister who had convinced me to shave it off and when she did shave it off the amount of relief that came off my shoulders was huge because all of a sudden I did not have to think about having to brush it or try and hide it from public view it had taken away most of the angst and believe me everybody around you does not care their worried about their own lives its just what we tell ourselves over and over until where convinced it is the most hideous thing known to man. The best advice I will offer you until they find the real cure is just shave it really short and keep it like that until you get used to that look then shave it completely off when your ready to. It may take a few years to get to that stage of acceptance but like I said you do get used to it heck I can't even imagine what I would look like with hair now and all the people I come into contact with say the exact same thing the only person saying baldness does not suit you is yourself as I have been through it all hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by 343 View Post
    Hey mate I also suffered this problem in my early 20s and I tried everything I could to stop it.The humiliation no one would look at me the same saying to myself no woman would ever find me attractive. Now I am in my late 30s and I still have an issue with it the only difference is now I am not so sensitive about peoples remarks,looks and so on. I honestly don't think I will ever accept it either I still where a cap everywhere but also when I take it off I just do not seem to care as much as I used to. I will say though as you age it does get easier to deal with I was just really sensitive when I was younger most days I just wanted to end my own life. I don't have those thoughts anymore the advice I can offer you is if you really want to keep it go the minoxidil route and get a high quality shampoo/conditioner and some type of fungus cleaner that gets rid of the bacteria build up from a hair restoration place as they have all the best products for all your needs you can get it all online these days. Take the propecia pills also and saw palametto pills and follow all the instructions closely as it will keep falling out if you become lazy and complacent and skip a couple a days here and there this saved me for about 8 years but by the time I had reached the age of 28 and spent thousands on it it still did not look right it looked like a birds nest. As you can imagine myself esteem was completely shot by this time. It was my younger sister who had convinced me to shave it off and when she did shave it off the amount of relief that came off my shoulders was huge because all of a sudden I did not have to think about having to brush it or try and hide it from public view it had taken away most of the angst and believe me everybody around you does not care their worried about their own lives its just what we tell ourselves over and over until where convinced it is the most hideous thing known to man. The best advice I will offer you until they find the real cure is just shave it really short and keep it like that until you get used to that look then shave it completely off when your ready to. It may take a few years to get to that stage of acceptance but like I said you do get used to it heck I can't even imagine what I would look like with hair now and all the people I come into contact with say the exact same thing the only person saying baldness does not suit you is yourself as I have been through it all hope that helps.
    Have you ever thought about having SMP done? I've seen many results on the internet of individuals who have had the procedure done and it makes them look 1000x better. It gives back that colour to the skin that a bald head deprives. Also frames the face better.

Quote Originally Posted by GroughBack View Post
    With the embarrassment of patchy eventually failed grafts to wear for the remainder of your life. This will make a bald naturally colored head look pretty. Just better to know with work, you'll hold on to your real hair nearly as long. Difficult to walk around proud, when people not in this forum will look at it as failed attempt of vanity, whether it is or not.
    I understand, and sm not trying to be a jerk here, just honest.
    What Norwood is my right temple? It feels higher than a Norwood 2 which is what it's been classified as in the past. It just seems to vertical to be a Norwood 2. The left side of my hairline is okay.. seems to be receding a lot slower than the right.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3498.jpg

Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	53544  

Quote Originally Posted by Jackito View Post
    Have you ever thought about having SMP done? I've seen many results on the internet of individuals who have had the procedure done and it makes them look 1000x better. It gives back that colour to the skin that a bald head deprives. Also frames the face better.
    Thanks I might look into this down the track.But as I posted earlier I have wasted thousands on this in the past already and I'm getting close to 40 now. So the way I see it I don't have to buy a lamborghini as I have gone through my midlife crisis in my 20s thanks for the thought.

Quote Originally Posted by cybersam View Post
    Thank you I think your procedure has gone very well. I am scared that if I had the procedure done they will probably announce we have cured baldness the very next day. I hope the transplant keeps going well it looks so painful.

I started with internal Saw palmetto, got some results but not much.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackito View Post
    What Norwood is my right temple? It feels higher than a Norwood 2 which is what it's been classified as in the past. It just seems to vertical to be a Norwood 2. The left side of my hairline is okay.. seems to be receding a lot slower than the right.
    Still looks like a 2!

Jackito,

I began losing hair at 17, and I was a NW6. Long story short, the only surgeon who gave me a successful result, after 4 botched surgeries, was Dr. Umar. I'm having a second and final procedure with him in October as a result, and quite frankly I am looking forward to a procedure in the first time in my life because of the result he produced for me the first time around in my 6500FUE mega session.

There are viable options and surgeons out there who can treat NW6's. My advice is to do your homework and research for as long as it takes you. Moreover, if propecia is incurring side effects for you I strongly recommend to stop taking it. Save your money for a reputable surgeon you feel comfortable with.

can you take both internal saw palmetto/pumpkin seed and topical? would this be overkill?