+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Doctor Representative Raphael84hair's Avatar

@youngheart

My honest suggestions would be to step back, take some time and continue to research and educate yourself. It would appear that your main motivation in choosing your Dr is purely financial. Almost every patient is financially conscious to some degree. It is an important aspect that must be considered. But it CAN NOT be the defining motivation. You may well end up in a worse position, requiring further/corrective surgery at an even more expensive price point and with considerably less grafts to work with.

I feel your pain. I know how hair loss can affect your life. That is why it is so important to think long term and to make the right decision.

You mention that your local clinic in Dublin quoted in hairs. That should be a big warning sign!
    Consider this-
    Hair follicles are made up of between 1-4 hairs. For sake of argument, lets say that your average follicle contains 2.2 hairs.
    Therefore, you have been quoted 3500 hairs.
    3500 / 2.2 = 1590 grafts
    1590 grafts for a total surgery price of €4,500 = €2.83 per graft.

Which is more expensive than the 2500 grafts for €6,250 that Dr Cole explained to you. That would equate to €2.50 per graft.

You would be paying more, for a significantly less experienced, qualified, quality, ethical surgeon. It would make no sense.

Again, I would suggest that if finances are such a limitation right now, continue to spend some time on the forums contacting Drs and patients and learn more. In taking the time to do so perhaps you may be able to save more money and make the right choice in physician.

International Patient Advisor - Bisanga Cole Hair Transplant Clinic - Athens, Greece
    http://www.bchairtransplant.com
    bc2@bchairtransplant.com Whatsapp - +34 642 37 03 83

@youngheart

Surgery will always be there as Joe and Spencer say. Educate yourself on the entire industry, all the ins and outs once you have done that and I mean a good year or then you'll realise the truth and you'll be in much better place to make a decision.

Just because its a doctor (or sometimes not) doesn't mean they know how to do surgery properly. It takes a great eye and artistic skill to produce natural looking results. And if it's all techs doing the work, would you let a nurse give you any other organ transplant? If you rush into this looking at price and a few before and afters then you will regret it i assure you. Photos dont always tell you the truth.

What are you talking about mate. You and Dr Cole are like keyboard warriors badmouthing every doctor that may take business away from you.

Search for Dr Patrick Treacy from Ailesbury Dublin before praising your clinic.

And how come famous doctors like you and Mr cole are 24/7 sitting in front of laptop promoting your business? Dont you have any surgeries to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Youngheart View Post
    What are you talking about mate. You and Dr Cole are like keyboard warriors badmouthing every doctor that may take business away from you.

Search for Dr Patrick Treacy from Ailesbury Dublin before praising your clinic.

And how come famous doctors like you and Mr cole are 24/7 sitting in front of laptop promoting your business? Dont you have any surgeries to do?
    You just asked Dr. Cole for his feedback, and without him responding you're slagging him? Why?

I looked up your doctor and can't find any results. Care to share where his results can be found?
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Ive not read this entire topic but will say this that Dr Cole goes above and beyond most Drs. Thats why he participates here. He doesn't need to at all, but still does.
    He is a mench.
    Regards
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    I never recommend that any patient seek multiple quotes based on what they think they need, or even what other clinics have told them. Seeking out multiple independent assessments is the only legitimate way to do research (after finding qualified clinics, of course) THEN and only then should price be considered. As Dr. Cole said, how do you know you need 2500 grafts? I guarantee you that with five different consultations, you'll receive three to five difference graft estimates.

So how do you know who is right then on how many you need? I was quoted 1500 for front and 800 for crown from Dr. Cole yet Dr. Baubac said 3000 for front and 3000 for crown and there is an enormous price difference.

I am so confused that I have yet to be able to take one step forward with so many different opinions and costs. Dr. Cole quotes someone on the internet ~$6k for 2500 grafts in a previous post yet I'm quoted $9k for 1500 with a legitimate consult?

Quote Originally Posted by John P. Cole, MD View Post
    Youngheart, you can get 2500 grafts for as low as 6250 Euro in our office in Athens, Greece. Both Dr. Bisanga and I will be in Athens in May, June, and July, and August.
    Hi Dr. Cole,

Is surgery in Athens cheaper than in Atlanta? How do you justify that price versus the $9k USD for 1500 grafts I was quoted? It's a legitimate question as I might consider going to Athens at that cost as thats what's holding me back right now. That and the confusing opinions on how many grafts I need from respected Dr's.

Thank you for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by drpepper68 View Post
    So how do you know who is right then on how many you need? I was quoted 1500 for front and 800 for crown from Dr. Cole yet Dr. Baubac said 3000 for front and 3000 for crown and there is an enormous price difference.

I am so confused that I have yet to be able to take one step forward with so many different opinions and costs. Dr. Cole quotes someone on the internet ~$6k for 2500 grafts in a previous post yet I'm quoted $9k for 1500 with a legitimate consult?
    This is the perfect question that justifies taking your time to do research, and my original comment on the subject. Different clinics will give different assessments. It is up to you to try and find patients that had similar cases, similar approaches and see if they're happy with the result. Ask clinics for such references. Also, never feel pressured to go for a # you're not comfortable with. Reasonable clinics will not object to taking one area at a time. You don't always have to do the front and the back at the same time, you can just do one area and move on from there.
    Joe Tillman

Thanks Joe, it's just overwhelming. Thats why I like your list as at least it helps give me reassurance I'm not picking someone who is horrible.

I figure the more grafts the better as it gives me more coverage and density.

Quote Originally Posted by drpepper68 View Post
    Thanks Joe, it's just overwhelming. Thats why I like your list as at least it helps give me reassurance I'm not picking someone who is horrible.

I figure the more grafts the better as it gives me more coverage and density.
    Be careful, that kind of thinking has led to patients I know having 6000 graft strip surgeries and being depleted, after having bad initial growth. More isn't always better but rather just enough is the preferred and more safe approach.
    Joe Tillman