+ Reply to Thread

Default Future treatment game plan

For a young hair loss sufferer with mild hairloss (nw2) what should be the game plan?

I have started taking .25mg propecia a day to maintain...but what realistically can I expect and what should I be looking forward to in the future?

I don't really care about regrowth, just want to keep what I have.

Fin, and applying 1% keto with that isn't a big chore. Considering trying minox, but not before whole 2 years have passed, when the effect of the first treatments have been evaluated.

I'm not very confident that the minox will help the hair line at all, based on what I read, but we'll both be informed anyway, if the minox is worth skipping in favor of trying the upcoming Bimatoprost instead. Who knows, maybe that'll save you from going further down the line.

I really don't know a lot about OC and CB..

What's realistic? I started taking fin the month after the last few hairs fell from the corners, aged 28. I now have white hairs sprouting around everywhere in the corners (of which about 1cm of skin were actually slick bald for a few months in my life) after 1 year on fin. They're getting longer as we speak, it seems, and some turning terminal, but I don't exactly have enough of them to cut my hair short as I would like to. We'll see whether I keep receding.

Take fin, and then so whatever it takes not to think about it. Don't visit forums like this more than once a month, don't take pictures, don't do anything that will make you obsess. If the fin works, you'll be fine, and if it doesn't, then it's better to be ignorant of the fact for awhile because there really aren't any safe, effective alternatives yet; at least you'll be happy.

edit: oh, and if it doesn't work, and you do start to notice continued loss, there are some non-treatment alternatives. You can shave your head, which is quite acceptable in our modern society (remember your Patrick Stewarts and Jason Stathams), or you can get a hair piece, which is slightly less acceptable, but modern systems look really good, and the only people who will judge you for it are idiots (main downside is probably the cost, but if you can afford it and it gives you piece of mind, then why not?).

I'd advise the opposite

Do take a few pictures, and do make accurate measurements. I did none of these, so I've been pretty obsessed, checking every evening to "see if there's been any regrowth" or to spot every sign of recession.

Accurate measurements should at least include measuring the leading edge perpendicularly to the forehead, or better yet, using measurement tape, and also very importantly, measuring the distance of the temple points from two different locations (e. g. eyebrows and earlobes) once in awhile would probably save me from some of the paranoia I may be prone to.

Quote Originally Posted by clarence View Post
    I'd advise the opposite

Do take a few pictures, and do make accurate measurements. I did none of these, so I've been pretty obsessed, checking every evening to "see if there's been any regrowth" or to spot every sign of recession.

Accurate measurements should at least include measuring the leading edge perpendicularly to the forehead, or better yet, using measurement tape, and also very importantly, measuring the distance of the temple points from two different locations (e. g. eyebrows and earlobes) once in awhile would probably save me from some of the paranoia I might be prone to.
    Heh, agree to disagree. Ok, how 'bout this - he should consider his personality, and do whatever would, for him, make him less likely to think about his hair loss on a regular basis. Personally, I get the general sense that propecia is working for me, and that's all I need to know. If I am actually still losing ground, then there's nothing I can do about it, and knowing will only make me sad.

edit: and as far as checking the forum, I have phases when I'll come on here quite a bit, like now, but then will completely forget about this place for weeks at a time. I do generally find that I'm happier when I'm not thinking about this stuff. I'm very optimistic about histogen, certainly, but until we have new data, all I'm really doing is reminding myself that it's still a few years away.

Instead of Fin, get on RU58841. Less to no chance of developing erectile dysfunction. A bald head in public is embarrassing, however a limp dick in private is a monumental failure.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Instead of Fin, get on RU58841. Less to no chance of developing erectile dysfunction. A bald head in public is embarrassing, however a limp dick in private is a monumental failure.
    Is that the one that can have bad side effects for women if they come in contact with it? Won't even pretend to know the details/severity, but I'd much rather risk my own health than someone else's.

But then what's gonna save me more time than knowing, I wonder, regardless of any kind of sad news I'll be encountering. I have lots of other stuff to do than to be counting hairs or staring at my temples

Quote Originally Posted by mjolnir View Post
    Is that the one that can have bad side effects for women if they come in contact with it? Won't even pretend to know the details/severity, but I'd much rather risk my own health than someone else's.
    I've been reading up on RU for well over a year and the ONLY story i've heard of is *if* a women were to consume RU58841 herself that would run the risk of giving birth to deformed children. I'm fairly certain simply touching your scalp won't do anything.

Im not having any sides with .25mg propecia....but the only problem with RU is it's so hard to get a good batch and know if you are getting the real thing