+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

You can still order this from legit pharmacies, such as walgreens.com, but they place a limit of 1 or 2 units per order.

You cannot find this in any of the retail stores, and nobody in the stores (incl. the pharmacists) can (or will) tell you why. The retail ppl. will also *not* order this for you, and if you try to tap the pharmacy for this, they become suspicious and confrontational.

(They act like you're trying to scam Oxycontin, for free.)

http://www.walgreens.com/search/resu...izoral&x=0&y=0

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
    Apparently most distributors I have gone to across numerous pharmacies and supermarkets have stopped carrying Nizoral citing a manufacturer issue to be resolved by summer of 2013 ? Really ? Wow this is a blow to all of us using this as one of the big 3 to treat our MPB. Bad enough there is a gap where I have to wait for my refill of fin after ordering in nearly 10 days ago and it could come anywhere between 7 and 21 days max but this is now leaving me little option but Regenepure until Nizoral gets back on the wagon to be sold to most everyone.. but this is not the best news.
    Hi there, I came across this post by chance. I've been using nizoral on and off to treat seboreic dermatitis, do you guys find that it helps with male pattern baldness?

I've recently had a stem cell transplant and would like to keep as much of my hair as possible... You mention the big 3? What are the big 3? Thanks for the info.

c5000

I'm in the uk and just brought a bottle last week, never had a supply issue here but maybe there's some lag and the issues will effect uk too, but them i suppose I am closer to EU where I assume they are produced.

Quote Originally Posted by c5000 View Post
    Hi there, I came across this post by chance. I've been using nizoral on and off to treat seboreic dermatitis, do you guys find that it helps with male pattern baldness?

I've recently had a stem cell transplant and would like to keep as much of my hair as possible... You mention the big 3? What are the big 3? Thanks for the info.

c5000
    The big 3 are Nizoral for its Ketoconazole which acts as a topical DHT androgen blocker washing DHT from the follicels deposits in the scalp.
    Then the second is Minoxidil as a vasilodilator and haor growth booster to the miniaturized veulls baby hairs shrunk down from DHT and 5A reductase enzymes type I and I contributing to male pattern baldness.. and lastly.. Propecia or Finasteride that works internally to combat and reduce DHT levels internally by attacking its development from the prostate which converts testosterone into DiHydrotestosterone AKA DHT the main culprit in regards to hair loss. The Big 3 as they are called when used together for a long period can have the effect of stopping outright and in some cases reversing male pattern hair loss. They definitely help you keep what you have and retain slowing further loss and advancing baldness... but again this is based on individual responsiveness to all three over a consistent and gradual time frame exceeding a year to two years in some cases before it is known as to whether you have significant gains.

If the 2% rx stuff starts running dry I will blow my top. I have used this stuff for 3 years

Quote Originally Posted by Pate View Post
    I noticed that here too (in Australia). I noticed that the stuff on the shelves is gone in every pharmacy I looked at.

Eventually managed to find somewhere that had a little bottle of 2% so I'm using that. I was using 1% before but assuming production starts up I might stick with 2% now.
    In Australia, some places have a shampoo called Sebizole. It's a 2% ketoconazole shampoo that's almost exactly the same as Nizoral, but cheaper.

You can also find online stores selling 1% keto shampoos with other anti-hair loss ingredients in them, like Revita.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    If the 2% rx stuff starts running dry I will blow my top. I have used this stuff for 3 years
    As far as I know, the supply issue is only with the 1% "Nizoral A-D" version, which is the one I use. I have not heard anything about a shortage of the 2% version. I don't think the 2% version is produced in the same facility as the 1% version.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrium View Post
    You can also find online stores selling 1% keto shampoos with other anti-hair loss ingredients in them.
    The efficacy of the "other anti-hair loss" ingredients in those shampoos is questionable at best. Are we sure those other shampoos really have 1% Ketoconazole in them?

If the 1% version falls off the market, just get a script for the 2% and use it less often. You should only be using Ketoconazole shampoo once a week anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    The efficacy of the "other anti-hair loss" ingredients in those shampoos is questionable at best. Are we sure those other shampoos really have 1% Ketoconazole in them?
    Quite a few of those ingredients have actual evidence behind them. Even if some of them are questionable, the sum of all of them are likely to be having some benefit. And even if that's not guaranteed, I'd still rather have them than not have them. I mean, the alternative to those parts of Revita or Regenepure is nothing, just a plain ketoconazole shampoo.

I don't see any particular reason to doubt that they really contain ketoconazole (or they could get in pretty severe legal trouble), and I'm fairly sure the manufacturers have said it's 1%.

FWIW - My Nizoral 1% ordered from Walgreens.com was made in Belgium.

So, it's not old stock, but not available in the US in significant quantity, either.