Closed Thread
Page 67 of 187 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 167 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by breakbot View Post
    I know that we didn't conduct both any human trials....
    English please. 'Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by EXprettyboy View Post
    Everybody, listen up,
    When you encounter a problem in life, you face it head on and you do everything you can to fix it. Male Pattern Baldness and our reaction to it is affecting our lives for the worse, so we gotta do something.
    So we treat it with what we can at the moment. Next issue, treatments are somewhat ineffective and let's just say Problematic.
    So we need to kick it up a gear, we research, we stay in tune with the latest developments and we make gradual changes to our regimens as treatments slowly improve.

My point here is that when you look at this follicept situation objectively, the decision about what to do regardless of any prior studies or evidence, is to proceed with a trial to see if the new topicon technology gets IGF-1 to the follicle and generates growth. Regardless of the chances of success, the decision to proceed is OBVIOUS.

In what universe would you not try? given the circumstances.

now I also want to address Devons morale and the effect the forum may be having on it. He has hinted several times that he is giving it everything he's got, but when he is heavily criticized it gets to him. We need this man at his best and feeling strong and supported, when he's on the phone to suppliers, when dealing with investors etc.

because the engine that is powering prometheon is Devon's heavily taxed nervous system. This engine needs the fuel of the tribal cheer behind it, ultimately so we can make sure we are doing everything we can to deal with our problem.

So Devon, Tune into the voices who are behind you and continue with force in your purpose... ...Tune out the critics, they don't understand what it takes to overcome adversity.
    Offhand I would guesstimate that 20% of the posters here have already decided that the product won't work, but 80% of the posters here are unsure and would like to see a good human test done. I am one of the people who is unsure if the treatment will work and would like to see a human test done.

Safety and efficacy analysis of liposomal insulin-like growth factor-1 in a fluid gel formulation for hair-loss treatment in a hamster model.
    Castro RF1, Azzalis LA, Feder D, Perazzo FF, Pereira EC, Junqueira VB, Rocha KC, Machado CD, Paschoal FC, Gnann LA, Fonseca FL.
    Author information

Abstract

Insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-1 has shown some interesting results in studies examining its use as a hair-loss treatment. IGF-1 works by regulating cellular proliferation and migration during the development of hair follicles. Hepatotoxicity and myelotoxicity were evaluated in hamsters (Mesocricetus auratus) after topical application of the liquid gel vehicle (placebo), 1% IGF-1 or 3% IGF-1. No significant difference in the levels of aspartate aminotransferase or alanine aminotransferase was found between the control and treated groups. ELISA did not shown any increase in the plasma level of IGF-1. A haematopoietic niche was found, but it was not associated with myelotoxicity. Efficacy was determined by dermatoscopy analysis of hair density and microscopy analysis of hair diameter, with hair found to be thicker and with more rapid growth in the 3% group than in either the 1% group or the control group. These results strongly suggest that liposomal IGF-1 in a liquid gel formulation is a safe and efficient treatment for hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by noisette View Post
    From someone who said : "I don't need to come back because i'm sure the results will be amazing as neogenic and cg." I can see you telling some hilarious words. Thanks for this my clown. And be careful to break your bot and not our boat.
    If you search studies from universities focused in the reaction of a psycopath when someone destroys his dream by revealing the reality and not what the psycopath wants to believe you will identify yourself.

Dihydrotestosterone inhibits hair growth in mice by inhibiting insulin-like growth factor-I production in dermal papillae.
    Zhao J1, Harada N, Okajima K.
    Author information

Abstract
    We demonstrated that insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) production in dermal papillae was increased and hair growth was promoted after sensory neuron stimulation in mice. Although the androgen metabolite dihydrotestosterone (DHT) inhibits hair growth by negatively modulating growth-regulatory effects of dermal papillae, relationship between androgen metabolism and IGF-I production in dermal papillae is not fully understood. We examined whether DHT inhibits IGF-I production by inhibiting sensory neuron stimulation, thereby preventing hair growth in mice. Effect of DHT on sensory neuron stimulation was examined using cultured dorsal root ganglion (DRG) neurons isolated from mice. DHT inhibits calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) release from cultured DRG neurons. The non-steroidal androgen-receptor antagonist flutamide reversed DHT-induced inhibition of CGRP release. Dermal levels of IGF-I and IGF-I mRNA, and the number of IGF-I-positive fibroblasts around hair follicles were increased at 6h after CGRP administration. DHT administration for 3weeks decreased dermal levels of CGRP, IGF-I, and IGF-I mRNA in mice. Immunohistochemical expression of IGF-I and the number of proliferating cells in hair follicles were decreased and hair re-growth was inhibited in animals administered DHT. Co-administration of flutamide and CGRP reversed these changes induced by DHT administration. These observations suggest that DHT may decrease IGF-I production in dermal papillae by inhibiting sensory neuron stimulation through interaction with the androgen receptor, thereby inhibiting hair growth in mice.
    Copyright © 2011 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.

Post Safety and efficacy analysis of liposomal insulin-like growth factor-1 in a fluid gel

Devon, I don't know if you have seen this study called : " Safety and efficacy analysis of liposomal insulin-like growth factor-1 in a fluid gel formulation for hair-loss treatment in a hamster model "

" These results strongly suggest that liposomal IGF-1 in a liquid gel formulation is a safe and efficient treatment for hair loss. "

source on Research gate website : http://www.researchgate.net/publicat..._hamster_model

how come that all of a sudden so many IGF & hairloss related papers pop up?
    could it really be the case that IGF is a strong growth factor but that for so many years nobody was able to practically and efficiently deliver it to the follicles?
    devon mentioning the 5 year development of the topicon method gives us an idea that it could really be something brilliant which wasn't achieved so far. also good news for other topical stuff. can't wait to see what comes out of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Keki View Post
    Igf-1 is enough for beard to grow like crazy, so it's not that igf-1 is useless but it's all about the receptor, i'd say it can do something for hairs our receptor doens't work the same way for everybody, to some people it can really works, i just want to see the trials so we can end this speculation

i found this article http://www.nature.com/jidsp/journal/.../5640206a.html 10 years old, look at that occipital scalp expression, **** our life i want a body made of occipital scalp, the ultimate hairy dream

and this http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8...ct&holding=npg
    They should find people with decreased levels of igf1 in their blood. This is my advice, if there would be a minimal regrowth i suppose these people would have more chances.
    I don't expect nothing, so.

Quote Originally Posted by follicept View Post
    Possibly in the future. I did reach out to histogen, but both their treatment and AAPE would require FDA testing and take years. Not out of the question, but not the current focus.
    Perhaps you guys wanna check out what the Japanese legislation say about the cytokine therapy? The Japanese are offering a good deal for stem cell therapy though (permission for limited marketing as fast as DURING the phase II trial). And histogen is one single trial away from launching in Asia anyway as they themselves said(they did their I/II trial in Singapore if my memory is correct)

Quote Originally Posted by follicept View Post
    That's just not true. At least not rIGF-1 for clinical use. And microneedles are incredibly complex, expensive to manufacture, and inconsistent. Hence the reason they aren't widely used for existing drugs. Without conclusive evidence, we will not launch it to market. I have said that a hundred times. And that idea contradicts itself. You cannot have independent testing that will give sufficient evidence by shipping out to a convenience sample all over the country/world and have them self report. With that said, and to answer another question from a later post:

The plan is: have myself and a few others test as a convenience sample. At the same time or shortly thereafter, we start a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial. The most rigorous. We don't plan to have those sketchy trial results that say 60% said they felt like they had more hair. We will compare treatment groups, and use hardware and software that counts hair follicles. We will publish this data in peer-reviewed journals, not just have a marketing study. Even if the results are not published in manuscript yet, but the evidence is convincing based on weekly follow ups, we will release a private batch via indiegogo.
    Dude.. when exactly will you get your batch and start that trial?