+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    And we trust this company to trial and report accurately on the safety of their drugs.
    lol mega thumbs up.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    How can you "fool" people that it's ugly? It is. When you go bald or are balding you lose all your looks. As far as women are concerned you're all washed up past that point. If you ever wanted to get that 10/10 trophy wife you can just about forget it unless you have a one-in-a-billion personality, confidence, and wealth.
    Trophy wives are for older men in their 40's - you're not even old, or maybe you are, either way quit your whining will you.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    This commercial is actually quite sickening.

TBH I find it repulsive how this advertisement tries to fool (insecure) balding people that a man with a receding hairline or going bald is the same and just as ugly as a bald or balding woman. Which is false.

Even though I grant you that men going bald will make them less attractive, a woman going bald is basically the end of her social life. There is absolutely no culture or society that accepts bald women. Orthodox Jews and Islamic women even have to hide their hair because according to them it's the essence of attractiveness and beauty.

These advertisers deserve a punch in the kidneys.
    I think a bald women may have a certain appeal. But a balding guy is just so sad and depressing.

There is a little truth to this commercial. But did they have to put it this way. They could have easily focused on something else like looking youthful. I mean the positive aspects of having hair rather than the negative if loosing them.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    And we trust this company to trial and report accurately on the safety of their drugs.
    But there is the FDA, and the drug has been around for 20yrs. This commercial is really bad but your comparison is a little off.

I actually found it funny, and wasn't hurt by it. I think you guys are upset that it's Propecia doing this, otherwise you probably wouldn't have cared if it was just a random Beer commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    I actually found it funny, and wasn't hurt by it. I think you guys are upset that it's Propecia doing this, otherwise you probably wouldn't have cared if it was just a random Beer commercial.
    People on here are hyper sensitive while also being extremely aggressive. Well, that's pretty much how it is on most Internet forums.

Quote Originally Posted by MackJames View Post
    People on here are hyper sensitive while also being extremely aggressive. Well, that's pretty much how it is on most Internet forums.
    It's weird because i'm actually pretty sensitive towards my hair loss, and can easily be saddened if some one dissed me about it. But I just don't see how this commercial is hurtful.

It's weird because i'm actually pretty sensitive towards my hair loss, and can easily be saddened if some one dissed me about it. But I just don't see how this commercial is hurtful.
    I’m extremely sensitive about my hair loss to the point that if someone around me talks about hair, even a woman’s hair I get down, and I thought the commercial was funny. It gave me a good laugh. I think we have to lighten up a little and sometimes not take ourselves so seriously.

Even though beer also can be a serious matter, I think hormone treatment is a more serious thing. This commercial claims that if you have hair-loss you are an outkast and no women will ever lay eyes on you. For a young guy that is scarry s... and then you will not think twice about poppin' the hormones, even if that is not the right decision for you. I know Spencer will maybe not agree, but in my opinion this drug is not for everyone, people with mental problems should show caution with this drug, they are the most desperate ones, who will freak out if anything changes in their body. Like, you have to do your research before getting a ht, you should do the same with hormone treatment. I think Spencer should also be a consumer advocate for people taking hair-loss drugs, to sum it up; some are good candidates for propecia and some are not, and you can call me ignorant for saying that, but so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    And look at his wife... when he lost his hair she lost her figure. That says it all.

Who said trophy wives were for old men? I'm just using it to say "very attractive woman who is your wife".

I'm still young, but that's no reason to settle for someone when I can do better. As soon as I fix my mental issues, hairline, get my facial work done, and achieve my dream body, I'll be ready to win her over.
    What you're forgetting is that even if you obtain those physical features you'll still never meet a QUALITY 10/10 because you're mentally a complete mess. You'll end up with a gorgeous woman who you can't even have a conversation with. Also, don't forget...."Show me a beautiful woman and I'll show you a guy who's tired of ****ing her." Even 10/10's get boring after a while. That's why it's extremely important to find a quality person as well as somebody who you are attracted to.

If I were you, I'd focus more on fixing your mental issues before you fix the physical ones.

Your right and thats exactly my point. So if Propecia doesn't work for someone or they can't tolerate it because of sides, what does this commercial mean for them? They should have focused on the benefits of keeping your hair, and not make fun of bald people and potray them as being unattractive.

This is just offensive nasty stuff on part of Merk.