+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Island View Post
    Our options are still so limited though. Don't get me wrong, if you haven't tried Fin and you're crying all day long about your hair, then you're an idiot, but if you're like me and you've tried the current options and nothing has worked, then you're pretty much at a dead end. I've been waiting patiently for a cure as it was just around the corner thanks to those 5 year news articles, but much like JFSI, I've lost hope. Like you, I was too young to be losing hair, I'm not even in my thirties yet, and when I do get there, I doubt things will be any better. IDK how you've maintained your sanity through all these years, I see that you're on Fin but started way too late, though being nearly 40, I don't think you're expected to have a thick lush of hair like you are in your twenties. It worries me when I see older guys like you on this forum, I'm reminded that this disease will always haunt me for the remainder of my days, and there won't be any light at the end of the tunnel, just more pain and suffering. Like I've said before, this is the worst time in history to be a balding man. There's never been so much pressure on people to look their best, that's why we're so screwed. Your quality of life significantly declines the second your hair starts to fall out. I found a post on another forum that I couldn't ignore:

Balding is the worst thing that can happen to a young man. At least with cancer you get some sympathy.

Everything I'm saying in this post is 100% serious and true

1. You will be less attractive, period. Grow it out and it looks bad. Shave it off and it looks bad. You just dropped 2-3 points. You will NEVER be more than a 7 or 8/10, and that's assuming everything else is spot on (rich, shredded, tall, etc.).

2. You will NEVER pick up a young woman at a club or bar again. Ever. Seriously. Thanks to your hair you are now "old." Yet because you're probably baby-faced at your age, you won't be able to pick up slightly older women (25-35) either. Maybe you'll find a cougar with a fetish for young looking guys who are balding (probably not though). Thus your only choice is dating way down. Look for some 4s or 5s.

3. Your peers will "catch up" with your balding in 5 to 10 years. Which means for the next 5 to 10 years you will be inferior to any male your age with a strong hairline.

4. You will be humiliated by older men with strong hairlines and dense hair growth. Imagine you, a young guy, balding. And an older guy in his 40s or 50s, with a thick head of hair. You are the beta, he is the alpha. You beg for his scraps.

My credentials: I'm 25 and have a receding hairline, fivehead, and diffuse thinning. My bar/club live is OVER. I wear it pretty short, not shaved, but this is my life now. I'm the young dude who's balding.
    story of my life. i tried recently to apply for a job and dating girls with and without a wig - guess what? different results.
    balding sucks
    Last edited by Alex88; 12-18-2014 at 02:17 PM. Reason: damn you,grammar!

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    The show has been posted on YouTube and Roku. Some good after dinner entertainment.
    Great show....wish Joe from SI peace though.

Follicle Island, I totally agree with you that our options are so limited. Like you, I've tried finasteride and it gave me intolerable side effects. I tried minoxidil and it didn't do much of anything. I think that wearing a wig is completely ridiculous and not in tune with my active lifestyle. And a hair transplant is so fraught with limitations and drawbacks that I don't want to go down that road either. And that's why I always say we so desperately need new and more effective treatments. Because today's treatments are so limited and this is coming from some one who has tried them.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Hello all,
    Please let us all know how you felt about Joe from Staten's decision not to be on Spencer's show anymore.
    Spencer actually appreciated Joe's call-ins concerning possible future hairloss treatment updates.
    Now Spencer has never wanted to solely focus just on future hair treatment possibilities...there are current treatments available to us now, of course.
    We all must live for today.

Nobody cares Artista. What’s the point of dragging this silly thread on and on? Joe from SI was just a depressing character who’s only value to the show was maybe a little comic relief at times. I think the last few shows without his calls were some of the best in a long time. He adds nothing and to me he was more of a drain on the show and I would tune out a lot when he called in.

Hi JB
    Thank you for your response and it seems you're not the only one to feel that way.
    Of course there are plenty of other people that had mentioned their appreciation for his call-ins to the show.
    Joe is always stated that he has millions of fans... I would have to disagree with that statement is though.
    Joe don't take anything personal , everybody has their own points of view just as you do Joe.
    I will also say that Jotronic ( Joe Tillman ) adds a lot to Spencer's show

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

I regularly view the shows from the UK and have to say that I always mentally switched off when Joe phoned in because I couldn't listen to his incessant droning on about 'pie in the sky' miracle cures which, to the gullible, would give false hope - a dangerous thing in the world of hair loss.
    The Bald Truth, on the other hand, provides realistic, practical 'real world' advice and support for to-day - not to-morrow, next week or next year ably chaired by a realist.

Hey 57' !
    Great comments. Thanks. Have a great holiday

I think Joe stating that he had “millions of fans” was just part of his mental illness. The guy has delusions of grandeur. It was obvious that Spencer just felt sorry for Joe and indulged him and included him in the show like Hank the angry drunken dwarf from the Howard Sten show lol. I think we all felt bad for Joe, but I think it’s best that he’s not on anymore. I know I enjoy the shows more when he’s only on it for a few minutes or not on at all. I think he had a good run, he should be grateful that Spencer is such a kind person to let him stick around for so long. Sometimes is was exhausting just listening to him drone on. I would have cut him off years ago. He’s a real downer!

Merry Christmas TBT brothers!

First of all Merry Christmas Artista and to all the sufferers out there. As far as Joe goes, I think he lost his mind. Spencer gave him all these years to part of his show although his depressive act got old real quick. Spencer stated many times he kept Joe around because "there is a little Joe in all of us". Although I agree with that, Joe would take it too far with his hair loss being worse than cancer nonsense.

Joe got upset because he(and supposedly others) wanted the show to focus on future treatments. Has the show ever been about that? Is there really that much to talk about? That type of show would get old real quick. Nobody wants to listen to a show every week talking about "cures" that most likely will never pan out. I think the show is fine how it is. When new technology or treatment news comes out it is discussed, other than that the show focuses on guys that are dealing with hair loss. That has been a winning formula for all these years. No need to change that now.

Joe made a huge mistake and probably burned the most important bridge he ever had.