+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

hairplease,

If you opt for this procedure with Dr. Kabaker, you will certainly be in capable hands. Dr. Cole has told me that Dr. Kabaker is one of the most experienced and very best at hairline lowering.

I will put some pictures up tonight. I have met with Dr. Kabaker for a 2nd time. I am leaning more and more to this procedure to correct my traction alopecia. From my research online. Dr. Kabaker is the best at this. Second would be two Dr's in Southern Ca that he personally trained. The dr. measured the distaance of my hairline to the bottom of my forhead at a whopping 9cm. The average woman is 5-7cm. I figure I am killing to birds with one stone. I will have a smaller more femine forhead and my hairline back for 50% of the cost of transplants. And the results are instant.

My major concern at this point is the scar. I am not prone to keloids so I am hoping that would not be a problem. I have had stitches three times(Tomboy) and no keloids. I am also concerned with any distortation of my facial features. I.e crazy raised brows. At this point, I dont think a transplant will be a succesful. I am prone to ingrown hairs and I have very, very thicke coily hair. I am fearful that either the transpalnts will not grow through or it will take multiple, sessions and time for the hair to acheive the density of the rest of my hair.

Quote Originally Posted by hairplease View Post
    I will put some pictures up tonight. I have met with Dr. Kabaker for a 2nd time. I am leaning more and more to this procedure to correct my traction alopecia. From my research online. Dr. Kabaker is the best at this. Second would be two Dr's in Southern Ca that he personally trained. The dr. measured the distaance of my hairline to the bottom of my forhead at a whopping 9cm. The average woman is 5-7cm. I figure I am killing to birds with one stone. I will have a smaller more femine forhead and my hairline back for 50% of the cost of transplants. And the results are instant.

My major concern at this point is the scar. I am not prone to keloids so I am hoping that would not be a problem. I have had stitches three times(Tomboy) and no keloids. I am also concerned with any distortation of my facial features. I.e crazy raised brows. At this point, I dont think a transplant will be a succesful. I am prone to ingrown hairs and I have very, very thicke coily hair. I am fearful that either the transpalnts will not grow through or it will take multiple, sessions and time for the hair to acheive the density of the rest of my hair.
    My forehead is about 8 to 9 cm too! I've researched dr. Kabaker too and I find he would be an excellent choice. When I have the finances to have to procedure I am going with dr. Epstein though, out of all the dr's I've researched I found him to suit me the most. But it will be some time before I have the money.
    I would really like to know how the procedure went for you if you don't mind updating? Have you set a date yet?

Hairplease and Louanne.I am so excited for you..I am in the process of getting my hairlin lowered..I went to a dr in CA and I have my expander in place now...I have been researching this procedure for 5 years and I think it is the best option for me. I got to talk to a few others who had the surgery and they are doing great..I am so excited that this is finally happeneing for me..good luck ladies! Let me know if I can help in any way

Quote Originally Posted by imloweringmyhairline View Post
    Hairplease and Louanne.I am so excited for you..I am in the process of getting my hairlin lowered..I went to a dr in CA and I have my expander in place now...I have been researching this procedure for 5 years and I think it is the best option for me. I got to talk to a few others who had the surgery and they are doing great..I am so excited that this is finally happeneing for me..good luck ladies! Let me know if I can help in any way
    Hi,
    It's so nice to hear from someone who is actually in the process of getting it done! I'm so happy for you!! For how long has the expander been in place now? I hope you don't have to 'wear' it much longer! You said you've talked to others who had it done. Is their scar still visible?...
    Anyway please keep us updated I'm so excited to hear about your experience!! And again I'm so happy for you so good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by lou-anne View Post
    Hi,
    It's so nice to hear from someone who is actually in the process of getting it done! I'm so happy for you!! For how long has the expander been in place now? I hope you don't have to 'wear' it much longer! You said you've talked to others who had it done. Is their scar still visible?...
    Anyway please keep us updated I'm so excited to hear about your experience!! And again I'm so happy for you so good luck!!
    Thanks..I had my consultation March 1, my expander was put in place March 2nd. I get my staples taken out on Tue.March 15th and I am also getting my first injection that day. I have to wear it until the end of May. It is really no problem though. At this point you annot see the expander, it is really no problem at all. I saw 3 other people who had the surgery and I CANNOT SEE A SCAR. I am guessing this is because the doctor buries the hair follicles so hair grown back through the incision. I am so happybecause I have been wanting this surgery forever. I hate my forehead and I am glad there is help for me. I was awake when the expander was put in. I felt no pain during surgery. Once the anestisia wore off I had the worst headache but with the meds I was fine. Are you gettingv the surgery?

Oh and another thing the expander is $5500. The hairline advancement surgery is $7000. For the expander I had 2 be there for 3 days..day 1 was my consultation day 2 was my surgery day 3 was post op and dressing removed and I flew back home that ay...for the actual hairline lowering surgery..I will have 2 stay in town for a week..surgery on Tuesday, dressing removed wed. And staples removed the following Tuesday..hope this helps :-)

Thanks..I had my consultation March 1, my expander was put in place March 2nd. I get my staples taken out on Tue.March 15th and I am also getting my first injection that day. I have to wear it until the end of May. It is really no problem though. At this point you annot see the expander, it is really no problem at all. I saw 3 other people who had the surgery and I CANNOT SEE A SCAR. I am guessing this is because the doctor buries the hair follicles so hair grown back through the incision. I am so happybecause I have been wanting this surgery forever. I hate my forehead and I am glad there is help for me. I was awake when the expander was put in. I felt no pain during surgery. Once the anestisia wore off I had the worst headache but with the meds I was fine. Are you gettingv the surgery?

Oh and another thing the expander is $5500. The hairline advancement surgery is $7000. For the expander I had 2 be there for 3 days..day 1 was my consultation day 2 was my surgery day 3 was post op and dressing removed and I flew back home that ay...for the actual hairline lowering surgery..I will have 2 stay in town for a week..surgery on Tuesday, dressing removed wed. And staples removed the following Tuesday..hope this helps :-)
    Well that means that this summer you will be walking around with a perfectly sized forehead!! Some sunscreen and you are good to go! I'm so happy for you!! I mean these days time flies by so you'll be your 'after' story in no time! I really want the surgery, however I still have to save over half of the money for the procedure. Thankfully I don't have to have an expander so that will save me a lot of money. But since I am in college and pay for everything myself I'm just not able so save as much or as fast as I wanted At best I will be able to have the procedure just before 2012, maybe somewhere in october or november. And that's at best!!
    Also I'll be flying to the states from europe, since the best at this procedure are in the states. So that will add about 1000 just on a plane ticket. Ugh
    I read in your above post you will be getting staples with the actual hairline lowering procedures, why not sutures? Oh and did/will they give you some sort of chillpill to take the morning of surgery before you came in, or did they give you one after you came in?

Oh btw, I'm soooooooooo happy you couldn't see their scars!!!!!! That was one of my biggest fears!

Hope all is/goes well!

Quote Originally Posted by lou-anne View Post
    Well that means that this summer you will be walking around with a perfectly sized forehead!! Some sunscreen and you are good to go! I'm so happy for you!! I mean these days time flies by so you'll be your 'after' story in no time! I really want the surgery, however I still have to save over half of the money for the procedure. Thankfully I don't have to have an expander so that will save me a lot of money. But since I am in college and pay for everything myself I'm just not able so save as much or as fast as I wanted At best I will be able to have the procedure just before 2012, maybe somewhere in october or november. And that's at best!!
    Also I'll be flying to the states from europe, since the best at this procedure are in the states. So that will add about 1000 just on a plane ticket. Ugh
    I read in your above post you will be getting staples with the actual hairline lowering procedures, why not sutures? Oh and did/will they give you some sort of chillpill to take the morning of surgery before you came in, or did they give you one after you came in?

Oh btw, I'm soooooooooo happy you couldn't see their scars!!!!!! That was one of my biggest fears!

Hope all is/goes well!
    You are so right, this summer I will have a perfect forehead and guess what I will also be 30. That is really good that you don't need an expander that will save time and money. It took me years to save so I understand that :-) I had to fy to CA I spent $450.for hotel and flight and when I go back it will be $1000. For hotel and flight..so expensive :-( I actually don't know why I got staples, I never asked. I actuall did get all my meds the day before surgery, I just didn't take them until right after the surgery. I had 4 different meds..antibiotic..pain meds..something for swellingand a pill for nausea..They d not play..I actually got the staples taken out today because my head was itching..lol..I get my first injection tomorrow and I am so excited. You are very lucky that you only need a one step procedure, my scalp is tight and I want it moved down quite a bit. Also I am getting a nose job when I go back..all at one time..saves $$$$ I am going to be a whole new person come June :-)

You are so right, this summer I will have a perfect forehead and guess what I will also be 30. That is really good that you don't need an expander that will save time and money. It took me years to save so I understand that :-) I had to fy to CA I spent $450.for hotel and flight and when I go back it will be $1000. For hotel and flight..so expensive :-( I actually don't know why I got staples, I never asked. I actuall did get all my meds the day before surgery, I just didn't take them until right after the surgery. I had 4 different meds..antibiotic..pain meds..something for swellingand a pill for nausea..They d not play..I actually got the staples taken out today because my head was itching..lol..I get my first injection tomorrow and I am so excited. You are very lucky that you only need a one step procedure, my scalp is tight and I want it moved down quite a bit. Also I am getting a nose job when I go back..all at one time..saves $$$$ I am going to be a whole new person come June :-)
    Oh wow, hah you are stepping into your 30's as a whole new person. Yeah it's all so expensive but when I think about finally being happy with myself it's so worth it! I hope that you'll be exactly the woman you wan't to be, I wish my time came faster hihi
    About the meds, did they not give you anything to calm your nerves down before the procedure? I can't even imagine how nervous I'll be! Oh and you'll be getting your injection today if I'm correct (never really sure about the time difference ), I hope all goes well!!