+ Reply to Thread

Default Pics-FUE or just shave (norwood 6) horseshoe advice please

I am 28 and have the typical what i think is Norwood 6 which is basically just a horseshoe remaining. i am not there yet but my father and uncle has that and mine seems to be going like that also. Eventually i am expecting to lose everything on the top. I have always had thick back and sides hair so i think I'm safe there for dono. After doing much research I feel like I am ready to do an FUE. I am worried if i have enough donor hair to cover up the top and sides...i dont mind a little baldness on crown. and a bit of a receding hair line is fine i just want to fill in upper sides and top area but then have option to totally shave it like it is now or maybe even lower to bare skin.
    My goals-
    Able to shave my head in case I dont like it (no scarring; I have been told by an office that the FUE will also cause hole scars all along the back. they did both FUE & FUT and said after looking at pics FUT is better due to the large number that is needed and said they are also same price so they dont think we are steering you any certain way...?)
    I dont want to have a comb over or anything like that and i am also fine with having a normal buzz cut but without patches or missing hair like it is now... I dont want to have super thin hair and then thick...in that case id rather jason statham it and just look better with a little buzz coverage but again...idk if the donar area will look super thin?
    Could i have some light shed on if it is worth me getting a FUE or is it true for how many grafts i would need (expecting i lose everything on top) transplanted isnt enough to cover such a large area of the whole top of head once what i have disappears.

Lastly, in this picture i had just gotten a haircut with a fade so the back under the crown area before the balding begins is very thick! it looks thinner also because i tried to buzz my own head and messed up and went too short in the back. but the horseshoe area seems pretty thick throughout my life!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20190509_011132.jpg

Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	62672   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190509_011053.jpg

Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	62674   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190509_011006.jpg

Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	62673   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190509_011452.jpg

Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	62676   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190509_011331.jpg

Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	62675  

Hey man,
    Are you taking any medical therapy to help prevent against further loss and help stabilise your situ ?
    Hair loss is progressive.... If you can help prevent further loss and intervene you will in turn set yourself up for better long term result if you venture down the road of HT which in my opinion wouldn't be a great idea for you if not prepared to help get on treatment and see how you respond tho them first. You could also look into SMP to help ( Scalp tattooing )
    Don't just think SHORT term, think LONG term.
    Regards
    Spex
    https://spexhair.com
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

I do not take any meds bc I have an autoimmune disease and I do not wish to take meds for my hair. I dont think scalp tattooing is something I could get myself to do either. Do you think I would be a bad candidate for a HT? I have only talked to one clinic and it was over phone and I sent them these pics and they said they would only recommend FUT for me...

Hi,

Well you are limiting your options with not being able to help prevent further loss. Surgery is a last resort and to be honest ... where your hair loss is going to end up is impossible to say however im confident its not going to get better only worse over time. Id stand fast and do several consults in house with a number of IAHRS surgeons. Where are you based ?
    Regards
    Spex
    https://spexhair.com
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Doctor Representative Raphael84hair's Avatar

Could you possibly consider use of some kind or topical finasteride?

Anything that may assist in slowing down the progression of your hair loss. If you can stabilise things that would be extremely helpful and give you peace of mind whilst you have time to research and consider what may the best approach for you.

One thing that I would say to be essential in your case, if you do decide to embark on the path of hair restoration surgery, then your choice of Dr is essential. As Spex said, you will experience further loss. Your strategy and donor management would be hugely important in regards to your long term situation.

Take your time and ask many questions.

Wishing you the best.

International Patient Advisor - Bisanga Cole Hair Transplant Clinic - Athens, Greece
    http://www.bchairtransplant.com
    bc2@bchairtransplant.com Whatsapp +34 642 37 03 83

I just bought a house so things have been a bit crazy sorry for late reply! no i would not consider tattooing. What do you mean by topical fin; what would you recommend? i found Rogain to make my hair look thicker at least the morning after however it would sometimes dry out scalp and make itchy...have anything else along those lines or a type of shampoo i could use? atm i am using Hairsurge from amazon which is expensive.
    Now my last question...i feel this pic of this guy has worst hair loss than me...would i be able to do a FUE and have a hair line like this; i dont mind going bald but i want to look good with a buzzed head...what if i just kept pushing the horseshoe look upwards? doesnt have to cover all bald area but at least i can look good with a buzz? i do have good donor area all around horseshoe and below it because my uncles and dad all have same hair pattern and my horseshoe and below all is very thick if i let it grow out. thank you for all the help and i will be more responsive moving forward. i like how this guys hair line is and eventually maybe i can make my front a bit better too when needed in future but what are thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190615-204956_YouTube.jpg

Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	63297  

I think the chances of shaving down to bare skin after due and not noticing any thing is highly unlikely. You should be able to cut it at a one guard and not notice anything but then you won't get away from the horseshoe unless you have hair. A Norwood 6 is going to need 3500 in the front half and another 2000 to 2500 to get adequate coverage and that's adequate not good coverage if you have great hair characteristics, low difference between your hair shade and skin, thick hair shafts,currly hair you will get a better result. You have a good bit of contrast between hair and skin color and what looks like pretty straight hair so unless you individual hair shafts are thick you won't fall into the few that have great hair characteristics. This isn't to say don't do it but you need to know all the facts before you make a decision. If your not willing to try meds you have to be willing to have the end result somewhat mimic what you got now. What I mean by that is with you probably will only have enough donor with fue to go from your future bald Norwood 6 to where you are currently. Fut plus fue later would allow some more grafts and there is always body hair to help fill it in, question for you is how far are you willing to go and how much will it take to make you happy or at least ok with it

Even if not shaved to skin maybe at least stubble through my head; trying to see into the future so i dont have problems into my 30 40; i can assume worst case is full blown horseshoe but i know i wont lose my side hair into back. i want to look good with a buzzed head...i dont mind having the front as it is now; and even a little baldspot on crown is fine but its the baldness on upper sides that are bothering me. im not looking for a perfect head of hair or a perfect line. a little receding and a little baldness in crown is fine for me i just want a buzzed head to look good.
    has anyone ever just gone slowly and done maybe 3500 grafts and then see how they like it and then go back and do another 3000? i do have very thick hair in the back and sides of my head but im trying to make it look good with a buzzed head. in these photos its very short and fresh cut so you can see my skin and the light makes it more visible but does anyone have any info for me on this? or any insight in how to begin this process to find the best doctor? i live in orlando fl but am willing to travel and money isnt an issue just wanna find someone whos good. thank you in advance