+ Reply to Thread

Default Should I be worried?

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this site, and I was wondering if some of you wouldn't mind taking a look at all the pictures and let me know if I have anything to worry about. I guess it would be a good idea to give a little background information on me. My father is basically bald, and got to that point before he was in his late twenties if I am not mistaken; he has just a little bit of hair on the sides now. Everyone else in my family that I have met has a full head of hair however. I have two older brothers, one 31 and the other 28; I am 22. I guess you could call it a family trait, but me, my brothers, and my father have somewhat large foreheads. As long as I can remember my hairline has always had that V looking shape but I have noticed lately it has receded a bit at the two points, whatever they are called

Here are pictures of me taken today.

Here are two recent pictures of my brothers foreheads for comparison. Sorry for the size.

I have had extremely thick hair as long as I can remember, and its still that way now. Since I noticed it receding I have been looking for hair in the drain, sink, hairbrush, my pillows, etc. And I have found very few of them if any at all. Is it possible that my hair will stop receding like my brothers? It seems like they have a pretty hair hairline.

Thanks for reading and for your help.

For some reason one of the pictures of my brothers hairline is tiny. You have to click on it to see it.

Thanks again

Compared to some people's hairlines yours could seem receded but as there are some people, seemingly yourself included, who have high foreheads and naturally high hairlines yours may not be in that bad of shape.

If there has been recent recession it could likely be what everyone calls the "mature hairline" starting to form. Most males get a mature hairline around the early adult years. If your hair is thinning in other places such as the top then it is probably the beginning of male pattern baldness.

Your brother doesn't seem to have thinning on the top or sides so your family may just age to have high hairlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake126 View Post
    As long as I can remember my hairline has always had that V looking shape but I have noticed lately it has receded a bit at the two points, whatever they are called.
    Hi Snake126,

Those two points are called your temples. Males rarely get to keep their temple hair. This is part of the "mature male hairline" and is one of the traits that differs between males and females. Most males lose their temple hair but some males do not. Most females do no lose their temple hair but some do. A high hair line does look like a familiy trait for you.

Since you are aware that hereditary hair loss runs in your family, if it bothers you, you should seek a doctor who specializes in treating hair loss. Go over your options with the doctor and decide what you want to do about it from there. Here is a link to help you find a good one:

http://www.iahrs.org/hair-transplant/

Also, read through the pages of information available to you from the American Hair Loss Association. The more you know the more you can help yourself.

http://www.americanhairloss.org/

Take care and all my best to you,

Tracy