+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by joel203 View Post
    Yes yes because black people in America still aren't experiencing racism today- because police still aren't discriminating against people of colour to this day- please don't be so ignorant and narrow minded. I'm actually leaving these forums it's full of sick and twisted people, yeah baldness sucks but some of you guys have turned it into something else Jesus. I even read the other day someone would rather have cancer than baldness because they get more sympathy.. wtf. I sincerely hope some of you guys get the help you deserve because your problems delve a lot deeper than shrunk follicles.
    Dude that's what I've been saying. I realize that losing hair/aging isn't fun but some people on this forum are seriously suffering from mental issues. You can't even argue with these people because they see what their mind wants them to see. It's sad really and it's the reason I rarely come on this forum anymore. It's a shame because a lot of these people are intelligent and could contribute to some meaningful discussion but instead we have shitshows like these.

Quote Originally Posted by fadingaway View Post
    Dude that's what I've been saying. I realize that losing hair/aging isn't fun but some people on this forum are seriously suffering from mental issues. You can't even argue with these people because they see what their mind wants them to see. It's sad really and it's the reason I rarely come on this forum anymore. It's a shame because a lot of these people are intelligent and could contribute to some meaningful discussion but instead we have shitshows like these.
    You think you wouldn't suffer from mental issues if you went bald in your teens like some people here?

Give me a break. Discrimination against bald men is harsh and is absolutely real. I've lived it.

When you're a 22 bald man at university for example, what do you think will happen? Have some common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    You think you wouldn't suffer from mental issues if you went bald in your teens like some people here?

Give me a break. Discrimination against bald men is harsh and is absolutely real. I've lived it.

When you're a 22 bald man at university for example, what do you think will happen? Have some common sense.
    I agree it sucks. From my own experience balding at age 19 during full time university studies. Being in Australia I couldn't afford minox and fin since it was around $120 a month. I wanted to get through my university years with hair at any cost so I got a part-time job at a shitty call centre just to pay for these meds. The results were mediocre with bad sides but got me through to 23 at norwood 3. During this time I avoided all social university events.

After studies the job hunting process begins right? I managed to get through to the face-face interview stage of 6 graduate positions after going through the painful online application process and phone interviews. 2/6 of the hiring managers mentioned I look much older for my age. Anyway I didn't get any of these positions so I settled for a blue collar job somewhat related to my degree. Was my failure in getting these positions related to my peoples skills? I doubt it but who knows? Or maybe they wanted a graduate that fits the definition of a "young" go getter.

I'm now 28 years norwood 7 and back to doing a PhD. Would doing this help me in the future? I don't know. Maybe it always was on the cards for me to be a beta male provider for some 30 year old single mother slut.

Quote Originally Posted by sagat View Post
    I agree it sucks. From my own experience balding at age 19 during full time university studies. Being in Australia I couldn't afford minox and fin since it was around $120 a month. I wanted to get through my university years with hair at any cost so I got a part-time job at a shitty call centre just to pay for these meds. The results were mediocre with bad sides but got me through to 23 at norwood 3. During this time I avoided all social university events.

After studies the job hunting process begins right? I managed to get through to the face-face interview stage of 6 graduate positions after going through the painful online application process and phone interviews. 2/6 of the hiring managers mentioned I look much older for my age. Anyway I didn't get any of these positions so I settled for a blue collar job somewhat related to my degree. Was my failure in getting these positions related to my peoples skills? I doubt it but who knows? Or maybe they wanted a graduate that fits the definition of a "young" go getter.

I'm now 28 years norwood 7 and back to doing a PhD. Would doing this help me in the future? I don't know. Maybe it always was on the cards for me to be a beta male provider for some 30 year old single mother slut.
    Lmao last paragraph

Quote Originally Posted by joel203 View Post
    Yes yes because black people in America still aren't experiencing racism today- because police still aren't discriminating against people of colour to this day- please don't be so ignorant and narrow minded. I'm actually leaving these forums it's full of sick and twisted people, yeah baldness sucks but some of you guys have turned it into something else Jesus. I even read the other day someone would rather have cancer than baldness because they get more sympathy.. wtf. I sincerely hope some of you guys get the help you deserve because your problems delve a lot deeper than shrunk follicles.

You do not understand. What I implied here is that discriminating someone on certain genetic features that do not in any way affect your abilities in this world is same as implicating that a person of black skin is somehow inherently stupid, dumb etc. Which is not. That is basically discrimination. If you discriminate someone based on his skin color, you will end up in jail. If you mock him , same. And thats how things should be.

But please, if you haven't lived in a community that mocks you for balding at young age and being isolated from a group because of that, you have no right to tell people they are mentally sick. You are putting a salt on an open wound.

You are also using a really absurd comparation with cancer. What about fat people ? Why don't you go and tell all your fat friends to shut up about fat discrimination since some people have cancer ?

Also there is a study which concluded that cancer patients were mostly distressed because of their HAIR LOSS. It was THE MOST DISTURBING PART of whole process.

You also forgot that most of the presidents of USA were full haired. If you aren't aware of the HALO EFFECT and how deeply can it affect you in your career goals, you are done for.

You also forgot that some people here don't have racism since , you know, we aren't USA and so we aren't mixed. On some playgrounds, everyone was a slave, not just blacks.

I would like to see someone explain me ( in a logical way ), how isn't this Ad simmilar to racism ( discriminatory ) and how come this simmilar to TODAYS ( AS OF SEPTEMBER 2015) racism ( as in discrimination by physical feautures )

Quote Originally Posted by tipsfedora View Post
    You are also using a really absurd comparation with cancer. What about fat people ? Why don't you go and tell all your fat friends to shut up about fat discrimination since some people have cancer ?
    Also there is a study which concluded that cancer patients were mostly distressed because of their HAIR LOSS. It was THE MOST DISTURBING PART of whole process.
    You also forgot that most of the presidents of USA were full haired. If you aren't aware of the HALO EFFECT and how deeply can it affect you in your career goals, you are done for.
    TRUTH! Actually its much worse, hair loss negatively affects you in every single aspect of your life, not just career wise. To deny that is to have your head buried in the sand.

Then again ( gotta shoot myself in the foot )

I find this thread https://www.reddit.com/r/AskWomen/co...e_balding_men/

And to be honest Vin Diesel and Statham don't look anything special to me. So I guess most of us have been deluded about bald shaming to an extreme degree and that people who bald shame us are actually ones who got some issues with them. ( I remember one guy constantly picked on me cause of high forehead. After few years I found out he was balding. )

That being said, I hope there aren't anymore discriminating ads about about baldies like this one ad. I can easily accept baldness if I ever will have to since I am tall and got a face shape for it. But it hurts me to see ads like this for shaming people who didn't anything to be in that position.

tl;dr Work with what you've got and laugh at people, make them look crazy if you ever experience baldshaming.

It's not a prejudice against us. We are naturally less good:

Assessment of semen quality in patients with androgenetic alopecia in an infertility clinic

Abstract
    Background
    Androgenetic alopecia (AGA) is a common cause of hair loss in men. It is associated with the risk of cardiovascular disease and metabolic syndrome. Additionally, it is suggested that premature AGA could be considered equivalent to that of polycystic ovary syndrome in women.

Objective
    The aim of this study was to examine the relation between AGA and the quality of semen.

Methods
    The semen specimens were collected from 203 young adult men included in the study. AGA was classified according to the Hamilton baldness scale, modified by Norwood. All participants were classified into two categories: normal to mild AGA (equivalent to Norwood types I–II) as Group I and moderate to severe AGA (equivalent to Norwood types III–VII) as Group II to assess the difference in the quality of sperms between the two groups.

Results
    There were no statistically significant differences in the men's age and body mass index scores among the groups. For both Groups I and II, the history of smoking and varicocele was not statistically different (p = 0.62 and p = 0.11, respectively). All parameters of sperm including volume, density, motility, and morphology were significantly lower in participants with moderate to severe AGA than those with normal to mild AGA (p < 0.01, p < 0.01, p < 0.01, and p < 0.01, respectively).

Conclusion
    This study showed that young adult men with moderate to severe AGA have poor quality of semen compared with those who have normal to mild AGA.

Abstract 4603: Male pattern baldness in relation to prostate cancer-specific mortality: A prospective analysis in the NHANES I Epidemiologic Followup Study (NHEFS)
    Cindy Ke Zhou1, Paul H. Levine2, Sean D. Cleary2, Heather J. Hoffman2, Barry I. Graubard1, and Michael B. Cook1
    + Author Affiliations

1Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD;
    2Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, George Washington University, Washington, DC.
    Proceedings: AACR 106th Annual Meeting 2015; April 18-22, 2015; Philadelphia, PA
    Abstract

Background: Androgenic action underlies prostate gland development and prostate cancer progression. However, the role of such in prostate carcinogenesis remains unclear. Results from studies that have quantitated pre-diagnostic, circulating androgens at a single time-point in relation to prostate cancer are inconsistent, possibly due to the failure to capture cumulative or relevant age-specific hormone exposure. Therefore, we used male pattern baldness as a proxy of long-term androgen exposure, and investigated the association between dermatologist-assessed male pattern baldness and prostate cancer-specific mortality in the NHANES-I Epidemiologic Followup Study (NHEFS).

Methods: We included 4,316 men from NHEFS, who were 25-74 years, received dermatologic exams, and had no prior cancer diagnosis at baseline. Hazard ratios (HRs) and 95% confidence intervals (95%CIs) were estimated using Cox proportional hazards regression with age as the time-metric and baseline hazard stratified by age at baseline. A hybrid model was used to account for stratification and clustering of the survey design, while adjusting for variables used to calculate sample weights.

Results: During follow-up (median = 21 years), 3,284 deaths occurred, 107 of which had the underlying cause of prostate cancer. Any degree of baldness was associated with a 56% increased risk of prostate cancer-specific mortality (HR = 1.56; 95%CI = 1.02, 2.37) and, specifically, moderate balding was associated with an 83% increased risk of the outcome (HR = 1.83; 95%CI = 1.15, 2.92), each compared with no balding. Conversely, male pattern baldness was not statistically significantly associated with all-cause mortality.

Conclusion: Our analysis suggests that male pattern baldness is associated with an increased risk of fatal prostate cancer, and supports the hypothesis of overlapping pathophysiological mechanisms.

Impact: If the association between male pattern baldness and fatal prostate cancer is substantiated in future studies, male pattern baldness may contribute to predictive algorithms of prostate cancer risk, helping guide individuals as to whether they should opt to undergo cancer screening.

Citation Format: Cindy Ke Zhou, Paul H. Levine, Sean D. Cleary, Heather J. Hoffman, Barry I. Graubard, Michael B. Cook. Male pattern baldness in relation to prostate cancer-specific mortality: A prospective analysis in the NHANES I Epidemiologic Followup Study (NHEFS). [abstract]. In: Proceedings of the 106th Annual Meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research; 2015 Apr 18-22; Philadelphia, PA. Philadelphia (PA): AACR; Cancer Res 2015;75(15 Suppl):Abstract nr 4603. doi:10.1158/1538-7445.AM2015-4603

We also have higher levels of Free Testosterone. Baldness is also seen as sign of maturity. Sign of age , agressiveness and maturity in tribal days meant you survived for a long time= good genes.

Also Metabolic Syndrome has started along with processed carbohydrate consumption. Not a single case of polycystic/metabolic syndrome was found on high fat Eskimo/ Native American diet.

Quote Originally Posted by tipsfedora View Post
    We also have higher levels of Free Testosterone. Baldness is also seen as sign of maturity. Sign of age , agressiveness and maturity in tribal days meant you survived for a long time= good genes.
    okay dude..... sure. Reality = things you say