+ Reply to Thread

Default Success Story: My Routine

Hi everyone! This is my first post and I've had success using my hair routine so I thought I'd share.

In March of 2018 I noticed from a haircut that my temples looked really thin after having long hair for a period of time. I originally thought that it was just a bad haircut so I waited until my next haircut. Same thing. That's when I started to panic and things seemed to be getting worse. I would say I was about a NW 1.5 with some diffuse thinning in other areas. After doing a ton of research I decided to start finasteride in late July of 2018.

At about month 7 I noticed my hairline had gotten noticeably better and overall my hair thickened up but the small spot on the back of my head had stayed the same. At that point I decided to try out supplements/shampoos/dermarolling. (attempting to avoid rogaine because it's kind of pain to use and a "last resort" for me) Since then this has been my routine:

Hair routine since late February of 2018:

Finasteride 1 mg
    Swanson's Pumpkin seed oil 1000 mg
    Life extension Super Absorbable Tocotrienols 100 mg
    Golden Alaska Deep Sea Fish Oil 1000 mg
    Centrum multi vitamin for Men
    Nature Made Biotin 5000 mcg

Shampoo and conditioners:

Thick Head Shampoo/conditioner: This stuff is awesome and has a good amount of ketoconazole along with a bunch of other ingredients like argan oil, saw palmetto, salacylic acid, caffeine, Niacin, and Curcumin and other stuff. It's also only like $10 and is paraben free. Definitely the best I've found. (they're also a newer company I think)

Woody's Men's shampoo: I'd combine this with the thick head shampoo in the shower because this stuff is loaded with saw palmetto/argan oil and I like the effect it has on my hair.

I leave this shampoo combination on my head for about 5 minutes and wash my hair every other day.

Woody's Men's conditioner: This stuff is great but you have to use a lot of it. Has a ton of tea tree oil which is good for the scalp. I leave this on for about 2 minutes.

In the last 4 months or so I've also added a few extra things:

Derma rolling 1.5 mm once per week or once every other week if I'm being lazy
    Saw palmetto 450 mg right before bed
    Youtheory Men's Collagen 5000 mg

Currently, my hairline is perfectly restored but I still have a small bald spot on the crown. I just cover it up with hair fibers. I'm secretly hoping that the saw palmetto will take care of it and I technically haven't seen all the gains from tocotrienols as most studies say you really see benefits after 8 months and I just started month 6.

I'm also thinking about updating my multi vitamin from Centrum to something hair focused like beautifully bamboo or physician's choice total hair.

Also, I will say that I have experienced no side effects whatsoever from finasteride.

By January of 2020 I'm going to reassess where I'm at. If push comes to shove I'm just going to hop on Rogaine.

So, to recap my routine:

Finasteride 1 mg
    Swanson's Pumpkin seed oil 1000 mg
    Life extension Super Absorbable Tocotrienols 100 mg
    Golden Alaska Deep Sea Fish Oil 1000 mg
    Centrum multi vitamin for Men
    Nature Made Biotin 5000 mcg
    Derma rolling 1.5 mm once per week
    Saw palmetto 450 mg right before bed because I take finasteride in the morning
    Youtheory Men's Collagen type 1, 2, 3 5000 mg

Thick Head Shampoo / Woody's Men's Shampoo / Woody's Men's conditioner

Let me know what y'all think and if you have any hair focused multi vitamins that you take!

That's a ton of stuff man. And a lot of $$$. Thanks for sharing. I don't really have anything to offer, I just use minoxidil foam and lipogaine/regenpure DR (I believe in those shampoos thus far).