+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 100 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Sm04554

Quote Originally Posted by xyz123 View Post
    First time they've been a sponsor. And Women's Rogaine and Procter & Gamble are the top 2.

http://www.hair2015.org/

Proctor and Gamble does not even have a respected treatment for hair loss.

What a bunch of jerks.

I have found two interesting articles coming from 2013. Don't know if these links are already posted.

http://www.uphs.upenn.edu/news/News_...013/12/millar/

http://www.nature.com/jid/journal/v1...d2012446a.html

While they may not have a respected treatment, P&G a huge company. Rogaine (while absolute poo in my mind) is a household name.

I really cannot think of any other reason why Samumed would be such a large sponsor if they didn't have something they are trying to promote. Am I wrong on this? If I am, can someone please tell me why else they would be part of the conference ?

While they may not have a respected treatment, P&G a huge company. Rogaine (while absolute poo in my mind) is a household name.

I really cannot think of any other reason why Samumed would be such a large sponsor if they didn't have something they are trying to promote. Am I wrong on this? If I am, can someone please tell me why else they would be part of the conference ?

Quote Originally Posted by champpy View Post

I agree with you. I don't think Samumed would waste time and other resources on the Hair Loss Congress if their product isn't a significant improvement over the existing treatments (propecia, dutasteride, and Rogaine).

Quote Originally Posted by champpy View Post

Common sense would say yes, they have something to promote so they obviously spend what money they can to get the 3rd sponsorship spot. We KNOW they have something, but we just dont know how effectively it works. With that being said why promote yourselves when you know your product doesn't even work? If we can believe those people on this thread with knowledge of clinical trials (and I dont really see why any laymen shouldnt) then there really is something to the second round of testing and maybe they will make a full scale announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    Proctor and Gamble does not even have a respected treatment for hair loss.

What a bunch of jerks.
    You're right dude, but they are supporting several labs research like this one for example in Southampton university, so not surprising to see they are a sponsor of the event:

http://www.ngcm.soton.ac.uk/projects...mechanics.html

Microstructural modelling of skin mechanics

"The project aims to gain a mechanistic insight into the biomechanics of the skin, particularly around hair follicles via the development of advanced multiscale constitutive equations and micromechanical models integrated into a multiphysics finite element environment.

The project is supported by Procter&Gamble
    the results of the PhD project have the potential to impact the life of hundreds of millions of male and female consumers across the globe."

Didn't aderans do a phase 2b to take punch biopsies like sm is doing now? Look at what happened to them.

If I am not mistaken Aderans had multiple, smaller Phase 2 trials to test different protocols. They were doing trial/error approach to see what worked (nothing). For SM04554 the two Phase 2 trials use the same protocol, but the second one is taking biopsies (pre/post application). They didn't take biopsies at the beginning of the initial trial, thus they need to start the trial over to get the initial, pre-treatment biopsies.

Quote Originally Posted by maver1ck View Post
    We KNOW they have something, but we just dont know how effectively it works. With that being said why promote yourselves when you know your product doesn't even work?
    Thats a question id love to ask the makers of rogaine