+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

I actually ordered the toppik like material from Joan Rivers website for my 79 year old mom.

she was talking about needing better hair coverage after the Gamma Knife proceedure she recently had so I just ordered it up for her..

My wife also uses the joan Rivers brand of toppik like material...which gave me the idea to suggest it to my mom who had those 4 screws put into her head to hold the gamma knife..

I believe many make up professionals (which is what many women are after many many years of application) prefer the brush applicator of the joan rivers product plus it looks just like so many other types of makeup cases they have used for years..(at least from this husbands viewpoint)

After I had the HIS service done...I had so much couvre and toppik left over ...I was giving it away....some to my wife who was thrilled to death about how well it worked...(shes' 53 and she thinks she's losing hair so I offered it to her in addition to the Joan Rivers product she already had...)

Interesting how Joan Rivers toppik like material goes on with what appears to be a makeup brush of some sort and its often times more natural for her to use that type of device after years of putting on makeup..

I remember sprinkling it on for her when I gave it to her and she thought that was so uncontrolled ...but after she was impressed with the end result..

I appreciate your insights on whether to share the toppik information with that gentleman from the gym..as I say hello to him every week but today was the first actual conversation we had. Interestingly enough he started the conversation and lo and behold it was about hair or lack there of....

I will take your advice...I have a small sample travel size toppik in his color on my desk in front of me... its a .09 oz and I'll offer it to him.. in a relatively descreat way....

I think this gentleman can go an easy decade before needing to use couvre as well..

I will report back how he responds to my suggestion he try toppik and give him a sample..

Please accept apologizies as I originally thought we were discussing male pattern baldness..

sorry to go off toppik?

Happy holidays..

JB

Quote Originally Posted by JonB. View Post
    Please accept apologizies as I originally thought we were discussing male pattern baldness...
    No apology needed. Whether we are talking about MPB or FPB, hair loss is still hair loss. Many people are not aware that 40% of those suffering with hair loss are women. Spencer does a wonderful job of trying to make people aware of that very sad reality. Anyways, cosmetic camouflage products such as Toppik, X-Fusion, Surethick and Nanogen are just as applicable for women as they are for men.

I actually did find the Joan Rivers product but I haven't given much thought to trying it. The longer list of ingredients made me shy away from it. I did try using Toppik with a similar make up brush though. Since my problem is pretty well centered on the top of my head, it works out better for me when I just sprinkle the powder into my part. It seems to just go were it needs to go almost all by itself.

Thumbs up Thinning Hair

hi- i too had a hair loss problem and while holidaying in Sri Lanka, i came across a product similar to toppik's called Trendz Volumizer. Its a similar hair building fiber and works great!

i had visited a local clinic called Trendz and after seeing my scanty look, they had advised me to use a topical treatment, minoxidil 5% to maintain the balance hair i had!

now i combine the two and works great!