+ Reply to Thread

Default Natural dht blocker

Dont you think that it would be a good try to block dht by Saw palmetto, Ginger paste and other natural blocker,Instead of using finestride first ?

If you want to keep your hair, no.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

The natural DHT blockers will most likely cause no harm. The question is do they really work. I have never seen any good studies that prove they actually block the production of DHT.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

i take both finasteride and saw palmetto. i personally dont think saw palmetto is great for hairloss as it doesnt directly target the dht that causes mpb but it can hurt. i do however reccomend it for another reason and heres why.

side effects of fin include decreased libido and decreased urinary flow.
    saw palmetto is proven to increase urinary flow and is also a mild aphrodisiac so if your taking fin, by taking saw palmetto aswell you will reduce your chances of sides if not completely mask or reverse them.

Quote Originally Posted by friezy View Post
    i take both finasteride and saw palmetto. i personally dont think saw palmetto is great for hairloss as it doesnt directly target the dht that causes mpb but it can hurt. i do however reccomend it for another reason and heres why.

side effects of fin include decreased libido and decreased urinary flow.
    I've never seen urine flow cited as a side effect. Truth is, Finasteride is used to treat Benign Prostate Hyperplasia, which is what causes urine flow problems in the first place.

Finasteride does not target DHT either, people have a strange misconception about how Finasteride actually works and state that it targets DHT.

Saw Palmettos method of working to help prevent/regrow is *exactly* the same as Finasteride. However it is not a man-made chemical and thus a persons body can react differently.

Quote Originally Posted by NotBelievingIt View Post
    I've never seen urine flow cited as a side effect. Truth is, Finasteride is used to treat Benign Prostate Hyperplasia, which is what causes urine flow problems in the first place.

Finasteride does not target DHT either, people have a strange misconception about how Finasteride actually works and state that it targets DHT.

Saw Palmettos method of working to help prevent/regrow is *exactly* the same as Finasteride. However it is not a man-made chemical and thus a persons body can react differently.
    It is one of the most common permanent side effects, it's called prostatitis.

I suffer from prostatitis after dropping propecia. The change in size of my prostate from small and back to big again caused it be inflamed non-stop. I wake up at least 2 times at night and I always feel like peeing.

There is a section on propeciahelp especially for this issue, it's called prostatitis.

BPH is not equal to prostatitis.

I'm ****ed for life with propecia I wish I had never touched the stuff.
    The problem is when you drop it, that's when you're ****ed.

ye your rite about fin not directly targeting dht itself but in the end it does by an inhibiting the enzyme that converts testostorone to dihydrotestostorone. you prob allready new that bt ye

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    It is one of the most common permanent side effects, it's called prostatitis.

I suffer from prostatitis after dropping propecia. The change in size of my prostate from small and back to big again caused it be inflamed non-stop. I wake up at least 2 times at night and I always feel like peeing.

There is a section on propeciahelp especially for this issue, it's called prostatitis.

BPH is not equal to prostatitis.

I'm ****ed for life with propecia I wish I had never touched the stuff.
    The problem is when you drop it, that's when you're ****ed.
    Well, you're talking about going off fin and having a problem, thats different then having a completely different problem while on fin.

although it is a very uncommon, decreased urinary flow is a side effect, Basically you cant fully empty your bladder.