+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by barfacan View Post
    hopefully by 2025
    Correction, 2018.

Guys I'm real confused. So you don't have to register on clinicaltrial.gov?

Could someone with good knowledge maybe explain why 2018? I understand going on that website it says it finishes then but I'm still kind of confused.

Thanks for helping out the stupid folk :')

I think it can be obvious that it is linked with TLR3 discovery in august by Dr Luis GARZA's team ( GARZA and Cotsarelis used to work together on many studies) :

"Researchers Identify Drug Candidate for Skin, Hair Regeneration Among Scarred Victims of Burns and Trauma"

Johns Hopkins researchers have identified a novel cell signaling pathway in mice through which mammals — presumably including people — can regenerate hair follicles and skin while healing from wounds.

The discovery, summarized in an article published Aug. 6 in the journal Cell Stem Cell, could, they say, eventually help spur the growth of new hair, skin or other organ tissue in scarred victims of burns and other injuries.

Our study “uncovers a novel role for a protein that works as a master regulator of regeneration in the skin,” says senior study author Luis A. Garza, M.D., Ph.D., associate professor of dermatology at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. “Medications that turn on this protein have the powerful potential to decrease scarring as healing of wounds takes place, thereby promoting skin and hair follicle regeneration.”

During wounding TLR3 activates the genes IL6 and STAT3 to promote hair follicle regeneration.

TLR3 also activates other molecules involved in hair development, including the Wnt and Shh signaling pathways and a gene called EDAR, which makes the protein ectodysplasin and plays an important role in skin development.

could be directly used to stimulate rejuvenation in aging or hair follicle growth in burn patients to regain structures that have been lost

The clinical translation of this work is promising because work has already started, says Garza. Drug companies are already developing products to activate TLR3 to trigger the immune system, and these same products could be tested to promote regeneration. "

It's exactly what follica needed.

Wounding the scalp, then TLR3 activation to regain the hair follicles structures, and then daily Wnt activation to promote the growth of these new hair follicles. Sounds good

Let's see their presentation in November

Quote Originally Posted by lacazette View Post
    I think it can be obvious that it is linked with TLR3 discovery in august by Dr Luis GARZA's team ( GARZA and Cotsarelis used to work together on many studies) :

"Researchers Identify Drug Candidate for Skin, Hair Regeneration Among Scarred Victims of Burns and Trauma"

Johns Hopkins researchers have identified a novel cell signaling pathway in mice through which mammals — presumably including people — can regenerate hair follicles and skin while healing from wounds.

The discovery, summarized in an article published Aug. 6 in the journal Cell Stem Cell, could, they say, eventually help spur the growth of new hair, skin or other organ tissue in scarred victims of burns and other injuries.

Our study “uncovers a novel role for a protein that works as a master regulator of regeneration in the skin,” says senior study author Luis A. Garza, M.D., Ph.D., associate professor of dermatology at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. “Medications that turn on this protein have the powerful potential to decrease scarring as healing of wounds takes place, thereby promoting skin and hair follicle regeneration.”

During wounding TLR3 activates the genes IL6 and STAT3 to promote hair follicle regeneration.

TLR3 also activates other molecules involved in hair development, including the Wnt and Shh signaling pathways and a gene called EDAR, which makes the protein ectodysplasin and plays an important role in skin development.

could be directly used to stimulate rejuvenation in aging or hair follicle growth in burn patients to regain structures that have been lost

The clinical translation of this work is promising because work has already started, says Garza. Drug companies are already developing products to activate TLR3 to trigger the immune system, and these same products could be tested to promote regeneration. "

It's exactly what follica needed.

Wounding the scalp, then TLR3 activation to regain the hair follicles structures, and then daily Wnt activation to promote the growth of these new hair follicles. Sounds good
    Given the amount of collaboration between Garza and Cotsarelis and their rolls as some of the leaders of the industry, as well as the apparent secrecy from Follica; this is very exciting indeed. I agree with the last poster, it will be not much to discuss around here until November, we should have plenty to talk about after the congress.

Forgive me if I'm wrong I don't visit here as much as I use to but doesn't follica appear every 6-12 months with something get us all exited then disappear ahain

Quote Originally Posted by joely View Post
    Forgive me if I'm wrong I don't visit here as much as I use to but doesn't follica appear every 6-12 months with something get us all exited then disappear ahain
    They're going through clinical trials with patented methods. They're going to be as secretive as possible.

Hellouser can you explain why they don't have to register these trials? Or am I missing where they are registered? Didn't someone say they have already done a phase2? Like where am I missing all of this? Haha

inb4 Follica bought by Allergan

Guys I was also thinking that the 21st century cure act has a section for medical devices as well. Im aware they also talk about healing scars and burns ect and wasn't it the device which entered phase 2? Could be another reason why they've stepped the game up.