+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

There are only two verified treatments for hair loss: finasteride and minoxidil. There is strong anecdotal evidence that ketoconazole may have some value in combating hair loss, but it is only anecdotal. Everything else - EVERYTHING ELSE - is a scam. Period. do you really think some "clinic" in Switzerland has discovered the cure for hair loss, and has not sold it to a major pharmacodynamics a billion dollars? Or, at the very least, hadn't opened 1000 clinics around the world to offer this miraculous cure?

Save your money and get some scripts for Proscar and Nizoral 2%, and buy some Rogaine. That is the best and only way to save what hair you have left, and possibly (but not likely) to grow some hair back.

Ive been on fin and dut way before the prp. Actually the shedding slowed down for about a week after the procedure, then after that week thats when the big sheds started to happen. Im almost 1 yr post treatment and i can say there was NO benefit to the prp at all

As far as I know this treatment is not PRP, neither it was invented by a clinic in switzerland. Ken Washenik who is a renowned hair researcher is behind this technology. Washenik worked for Aderans and Bosley if I remember correctly. According to their website (kerastem.com) they are in phase II clinical trials in the US. I would say if this works or not is yet to be seen.

"Alias123" from this forum went to some clinic(s) in Switzerland to get ADSC injections as far as I can remember. He lost like 8000 euro and gained nothing out of it. Be careful.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12630766
    ketoconazole treated animals (p < 0.05). PGD2, PGE2 and 6-keto-F1a levels increased to 7.1 ng/mL, 8.3 ng/mL, and 13.6 ng/mL from 3 ng/mL, 5.8 ng/mL, and 0.02 ng/mL respectively (p < 0.001).
    Decided to read up on PGD2/PGE2 a bit and if its involved in hairloss drugs. So if I'm understanding this right it increased both PGD2(bad) and PGE2(good), but it increased PDG2 to a higher level than PGE2, but increased PGE2 by a greater amount.

So maybe that's why it helps slow hairloss, because there is possibly less PGD2. But I don't know a lot about this, and have no idea what 6-keto-F1a and if it's relevant the hairloss.

Champpy, I had the same experience. Years out, do you think it is still effecting you?

Personally, I would not throw good money on an unproven technique unless you have plenty to waste....sorry, we would all know even now...if fat transfer works....some docs love making easy money. Even some people like easy money...sorry there is no treatment or cure for AGA yet.

Does anyone remember the AAPE scam, as I call it? A Korean company claimed to regrow your hair with their brand of stem cells. The company was called Prostemics and of course the theory of their product was similar to fat transfer. AAPE does not work and surely the Swiss fat transfer, sounds good, but does not work.

Quote Originally Posted by robodoc View Post
    Personally, I would not throw good money on an unproven technique unless you have plenty to waste....sorry, we would all know even now...if fat transfer works....some docs love making easy money. Even some people like easy money...sorry there is no treatment or cure for AGA yet.

Does anyone remember the AAPE scam, as I call it? A Korean company claimed to regrow your hair with their brand of stem cells. The company was called Prostemics and of course the theory of their product was similar to fat transfer. AAPE does not work and surely the Swiss fat transfer, sounds good, but does not work.
    Good reference/research! Your point makes complete sense, it sounds like the same thing with a different name.