Sm04554 - Page 18 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 100 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast

Thread: Sm04554

Their phase 2 ends in Sept. There are a few encouraging things about this drug. 1. It increases WNT pathway activation, which has shown to be important for hair growth. 2. They recruited only norwood 4-5, indicating the drug could be powerful for regrowth. 3. They recruited 300 participants for phase 2, which is unusual, and a very large number. It would indicate that they plan on this drug working very well, because the cost is greater for more participants, as well as having the ability to immediately jump into phase 3, because of the number of people already recruited.

I'm definitely intrigued.

If anything can pull of something greatly I believe it may be this drug. Hopefully they will come forward with the results immediately then in September. The WNT pathway is hugely implicated in hair follicle cycling & even morphogenesis.

Very interesting that studies from UPenn back up this kind of work with the WNT pathway in regard to hair loss. I'm very excited for this drug's potential, and where it is in clinical trials. Will be done with phase 2 sooner than Breezula (CB-03-01) and is testing on a much larger group (60 vs. 300 participants)

Here's a press-release from UPenn (where Cotsarelis works!) : http://www.uphs.upenn.edu/news/News_...013/12/millar/

Also want to add that I've checked the clinicaltrials.gov archive for changes made to the record, to see if and when they added recruitment changes or added locations for recruitment. Seems they added recruitment locations in both Feb and March, 4 & 5 months after the study had begun, which would indicate they are gearing up for a phase 3. Otherwise, they wouldn't be recruiting in so many locations, after a length of time enough to see results from phase 2 studies. The clinical trial study page was also updated in March 2015, so the info is up to date.

Gonna keep an eye on this one. Looks quite good.

So, when do you expect SM(&BIM) to release?
    Is it possible to see that products in 2018??

It will be an interesting Fall indeed!

SM04554 will finish Phase II in September
    CB-03-01 will finish Phase II in November

Quote Originally Posted by runrunrun View Post
    So, when do you expect SM(&BIM) to release?
    Is it possible to see that products in 2018??
    Probably around that time, maybe sooner. I'm getting a bit more anxious about bim, because there's no mention on clinical trials of a phase 3 right now.

SM is looking really good though - they are definitely recruiting for a phase 3, which is an excellent sign. In phase 2, the biggest questions are efficacy and safety. To see that they are doing a lot more recruiting 5 months after the start of phase 2 is really encouraging. Also, there's a lot of science and basis to believe their drug will work. Look for scientific journals on the WNT pathway and hair growth, there's excellent science behind it.

SM is looking really good though - they are definitely recruiting for a phase 3, which is an excellent sign.
    How on earth do you know that??

If so, great news

Quote Originally Posted by Tenma View Post
    How on earth do you know that??

If so, great news
    It doesn't outright say that outright (and it never will), but with enough digging, it can be determined with the records on clinicaltrials.gov.

1. Their trial started in Nov with 300 participants (about the maximum for a phase 2). 2. According to this record, they added recruitment locations, and began recruiting for more patients in Feb and March (4 & 5 months after phase 2 began, which would be long enough to determine whether or not the medication was working). Here's the record, it tells of updates and such: https://clinicaltrials.gov/archive/NCT02275351. 3. Phase 3's are larger than phase 2 with up to thousands of patients. 4. Their clinical trial page, was last updated at the end of march, so their recruitment status is valid. Why else would they be recruiting at 25 locations at this point in the trial unless they intended to go to phase 3?

I don't give a crap about things like follicept, that's like crack to someone on a hair loss forum, but I doubt it will work. Check out scientific journals related to the WNT pathway and hair growth, it tells A LOT.

The only negative thing i could find was this

"OncoMed Halts Wnt Pathway Inhibitor Trials due to bone side effects. What does this mean for programs at #Samumed?"

http://www.dddmag.com/news/2014/06/o..._zVRyQ.twitter