follicept - what's this? - Page 184 - BaldTruthTalk.com
Closed Thread
Page 184 of 187 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 182 183 184 185 186 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 1862

Quote Originally Posted by follicept View Post
    Great, relevant question. This is why we are here. From Dr. Hsu:

This is an astute question! Maimonides is credited with the following teaching that I use to help my students not be afraid of not knowing the answer: "Teach thy tongue to say I do not know, and thou shalt progress." All scientific investigation begins with "Why..." or "How...," which implies "I do not know." It is also the inspiration to answer those questions.

I don't know if it is an accurate statement that there is a "universal type of initial shedding common to all good therapies." What current therapies are considered to be "good?"

We won't know with certainty how pulse stimulation will affect "semi-terminal follicles" that will eventually lose the ability to grow a hair shaft as they transition to telogen. Perhaps with enough longitudinal follow-up data on those on Follicept, the answer will reveal itself.

In the mouse study by Li et al 2014, a synchronized telogen was induced by application of a depilatory (well known property) in an 18-day study. "Semi-terminal follicles" in those with AGA in the thinning stage represent a population that are undergoing progressively shortened anagen that will eventually regress to telogen. However, they are not synchronized. Follicept may induce a new cycle of prolonged anagen in the population of "semi-terminal" follicles that are soonest to reach telogen marked by imminent hair loss.

I cannot offer as satisfying a conjecture regarding the effect of Follicept on other asynchronous follicle populations representing the continuum of increasingly shorter anagen cycles in the natural history of AGA. However, it makes sense that intermittent "pulse stimulation" cycles with intervening periods without Follicept application may be the most beneficial regimen for those with earlier stage AGA and thinning hair. The Follicept-free interval may be different for different men, but a regimen employing alternating cycles of on/off use would be a reasonable starting point. In this sense, each user will be an investigator studying his/her own pattern of optimal response to Follicept, adjusting the regimen in an iterative manner to achieve maximum benefit.

Women with AGA have a characteristic pattern of thinning hair loss that may achieve the greatest response from such an intermittent and alternating cycle regimen. Since we plan on doing a second, possibly overlapping clinical trial for women, the study design will specifically address the most effective regimen for Follicept pulse stimulation.

I have age-related thinning that is very gradual, but cumulative. A small bald spot has appeared at the vertex. I will be one of the early subjects who will start Follicept next Monday (April 27, 2015). We're all excited here at Prometheon. Hang on folks. The fireworks are about to be lit!
    +1

I wonder the interaction between a skin mole and igf-1 can this be totally safe? I have hundread of this imperfections

Quote Originally Posted by Pelillos View Post
    That mice are now following the Motorhead's Tour 2015.
    Hilarious! Guess you are Spanish, arenīt you? Good to see you around

The thing is it would be great to know the real answer, because itīs quite obvious that if the treatment had worked those mice would be training to become the next Kiss band.

So, did they lose the hair? Do they still keep it?

Thank you so much Devon, we are eager to read you again. Please bring us good news, we have waited for so long and now it seems you have found a cure.

Greetings from Madrid! Remember you will always be welcomed here and trust me Mahou rocks better than Budweiser, which is also a good reason to pay us a visit whenever you can

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    2. My sense is that devon and crew don't want to spend a ton of time/money on follicept if it doesn't actually beat minox (and beat it by a relatively significant margin)
    +1

This is the beautiful thing about Follicept going to Market. If they sell it, that means it REALLY works. Or else no point in competing with a massive company like UpJohn with billions of dollars for a product that gives only "rogaine-like" results.

Quote Originally Posted by Keki View Post
    I wonder the interaction between a skin mole and igf-1 can this be totally safe? I have hundread of this imperfections
    Why is this a concern? What are you basing it on?

Quote Originally Posted by serenemoon View Post
    +1

This is the beautiful thing about Follicept going to Market. If they sell it, that means it REALLY works. Or else no point in competing with a massive company like UpJohn with billions of dollars for a product that gives only "rogaine-like" results.
    Uhh so your saying that just because someone puts something on the market it instantly means it does it what it says it will? You've got to be kidding me. Snake oils run rampant throughout this industry and it does compete with traditional hair loss products because people are too desperate and want to try anything. Look at laser caps, those things are incredibly expensive and basically have 0 effectiveness. You will always see a new product coming out claiming to be better than the rest, but the fact remains is until we have hard evidence, and legitimate clinical trials (double blinding, controls) you can't believe anything these products claim.

There's a reason why the evidence based method is so widely regarded in the scientific community. You can't have hard evidence regarding the success of a treatment unless you meet those standards. I'm sorry but if all follicept is doing in regards to clinical trials is getting their employees to test it without any controls, any clinical supervision, background history, and any consistent tools for measuring any change in hair growth, than they obviously aren't legitimate in my books. I've only had hair-loss for a few years, but I've seen quite a few "breakthrough" treatments come and go, and there are always those who jump towards any treatment that gives them hope and promote it like it's the cure and are aggressive to any criticism a forum member makes.

Quote Originally Posted by Haircure View Post
    Uhh so your saying that just because someone puts something on the market it instantly means it does it what it says it will? You've got to be kidding me. Snake oils run rampant throughout this industry and it does compete with traditional hair loss products because people are too desperate and want to try anything. Look at laser caps, those things are incredibly expensive and basically have 0 effectiveness. You will always see a new product coming out claiming to be better than the rest, but the fact remains is until we have hard evidence, and legitimate clinical trials (double blinding, controls) you can't believe anything these products claim.

There's a reason why the evidence based method is so widely regarded in the scientific community. You can't have hard evidence regarding the success of a treatment unless you meet those standards. I'm sorry but if all follicept is doing in regards to clinical trials is getting their employees to test it without any controls, any clinical supervision, background history, and any consistent tools for measuring any change in hair growth, than they obviously aren't legitimate in my books. I've only had hair-loss for a few years, but I've seen quite a few "breakthrough" treatments come and go, and there are always those who jump towards any treatment that gives them hope and promote it like it's the cure and are aggressive to any criticism a forum member makes.
    I hear you, but you don't have all the info. You do know that after the in house employee trial they are going to be doing a IRB approved, legitimate, placebo-controlled clinical study that is very thorough, right? And that it will be published in peer review scientific journals, right?

Quote Originally Posted by serenemoon View Post
    I hear you, but you don't have all the info. You do know that after the in house employee trial they are going to be doing a IRB approved, legitimate, placebo-controlled clinical study that is very thorough, right? And that it will be published in peer review scientific journals, right?
    Nope, I wasn't aware. This thread is way to long and cluttered to really find anything of value. Thank you for that bit of info.

Quote Originally Posted by IvanXproject View Post
    Why is this a concern? What are you basing it on?
    I don't want to feed a moleskin with igf-1 if it can evolve in something worse

what time first try today?