Closed Thread
Page 74 of 187 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 124 174 ... LastLast

Default Posters working with Follicept to find IGF-1

I do find this a little peculiar. I've never seen or heard of posters working with a company to make a clinical trial take place. Typically the company does these things doesn't it?

The problem was finding suppliers. Just trying to help.

Why not, you know? What do I have to lose? Nothing, just my hair!

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    I do find this a little peculiar. I've never seen or heard of posters working with a company to make a clinical trial take place. Typically the company does these things doesn't it?
    Sorry bro, but I don't really understand your question. Company does these things, and Devon update us with their trial. He informed us that finding IGF1 is a little harder. So if we can help for something, we do it.

Devon have you any more info? the youtube video was great so if you get time
    it would be great to have more like a summary of the forums FAQs and responses to some
    of the sadly more negative as opposed to inquisitive comments.

Thanks for your hard work and your presence on the forums!

all the best,

Quote Originally Posted by noisette View Post
    Sorry bro, but I don't really understand your question. Company does these things, and Devon update us with their trial. He informed us that finding IGF1 is a little harder. So if we can help for something, we do it.
    Why don't you understand my question? My question is pretty simple.

Did Merck ask posters at hair loss websites for help with Propecia trial? Did Upjohn ask posters at hair loss websites for help with Rogaine trials? Can you please show me examples of drug companies asking posters at websites for help getting their treatments into studies? I've never seen this happen before. That is my comment.

YouTube link?

Did Merck ask posters at hair loss websites for help with Propecia trial? Did Upjohn ask posters at hair loss websites for help with Rogaine trials? Can you please show me examples of drug companies asking posters at websites for help getting their treatments into studies? I've never seen this happen before. That is my comment.

Well I agree it's very unusual but there is a first time for everything.
    Also remember we are not dealing with a multi billion dollar company like Merck here, so I don't see why not try to help as much as we can

This is not a really question but your comment You are right, this is unusual

That is the beauty of Follicept. No other company has been this open and transparent. And it is not like they came in right off the bat asking us to look for IGF-1 suppliers. Devon told us that CLINICAL grade (not regular research grade) IGF-1 is difficult to get even though they have been trying their best. Plus they have narrowed down 1-2 suppliers without our help anyway. Some of the posters on here took it upon themselves to help Follicept look for more suppliers since the IGF-1 supply arrival is slow, and there is no reason for Follicept to stop people on here from looking for more suppliers. I really see nothing odd with that. Merck won't ever get the opportunity of having posters on BTT helping them because, well, they will never be so open to the point that we will find ways to help them or make things easier. Plus clinical grade IGF-1 manufacturers are RARE!! Not like the stuff that Merck is dealing with..

Prometheon is not a mega pharma corporation, Devon must do alone every business related stuff and he is at the beginning of his career, the chance we discover a good supplier even before him are high, so it's ok

Sadly i'm going through a shedding (dunno if it's the season) phase and i lost another 10% of my hairs, i wish i could know if this works so i can avoid taking pills, but i don't think we will see a trial before another month, well i will wait the supplier update next week then i will pull the trigger and start with fina if they are still doing "paper stuff" sigh, it's the unknown schedule that it's hurting us, and i know devon is doing his best

If i were in him i will ask ipsen about a vial or two of increlex, they are selling their batch this days (they could send him for free if lucky), they will answer for sure in 1 business day, if they say yes maybe we can have some results in few weeks, meanwhile the original supplier can finish their freaking paper and start the business if works