+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 LastLast

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/N...b-03-01&rank=2

It claims that the outcome will be in November 2015. However I couldn't find information about the earlier release in Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    Hi guys,

Apologies for being away for almost 2 months. Unfortunately, I lost a very dear friend of mine recently and it's been very hard to focus on normal daily things. It took some time to recover and move on with things. Hope everyone's well. Also, thanks to the guys sending me "thank you" messages over the last month. It was truly heart-warming and made all the effort I've been putting in well worth it. I also received lots of requests for Versapro and questions on how to mix it. I'll be replying to all your emails in the coming weeks. I promise

So, let's get down to business. First of all, I just realised that people have been having trouble getting the powder to dissolve into the vehicle (Versapro). This was a possibility and by the sound of things, we may need to add a 'wetting agent' to CB-03-01 (Cortexolone) prior to mixing it with Versapro. Clobetasol which has very similar chemical properties to Cortexolone (CB) is always combined with a wetting agent prior to incorporation into a vehicle.

I've ordered a batch of CB-03-01 from Kane and as soon as I receive it, I'll run some experiments to see what would be the most ideal wetting agent. This is a minor issue and we should be able to find a workable solution around it.

For now, if you already have your Versapro and CB don't waste it. Hang on to them and store them in a cool dry place (fridge preferably) until we figure things out. Luckily, I never got around to sending out any Versapro.

Other than the powder not mixing into the Vehicle has there been any other issues that I missed? Sorry this thread is now over 40 pages and reading everything will be very time consuming.

Cheers guys, And I'll be checking in daily to help clarify any questions.

Desmond.

I'm sorry for your loss Desmond. Thank you for still keeping us updated in times like these, you contribute a lot to the community!

Quote Originally Posted by lilpauly View Post
    Yes brother it's in the trials , results conclude in the summer , it will be availble to asian market first , then europe, finally usa ! The fda requires it to go through 3 phases . Fda are tough
    I'm pretty sure this is just the POC phase 2 correct? So they would need to do dose ranging studies still which is a much longer trial, and then phase III finally.

It seems we have a long time before we could see CB to the market for AA. However, we could use it off label once the prices go down when the acne version comes out...as long as we get the right vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is just the POC phase 2 correct? So they would need to do dose ranging studies still which is a much longer trial, and then phase III finally.

It seems we have a long time before we could see CB to the market for AA. However, we could use it off label once the prices go down when the acne version comes out...as long as we get the right vehicle.
    The optimal dose has already been decided in the preclinical work, so it may not be necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    Also guys, some great news regarding future of CB-03-01.

As you may remember, the prescription medicines 'Yasmin' & 'Yaz' were taken off the market in Europe, and Bayer is facing several lawsuits across the world after it was found that this Anti-androgenic contraceptive pill used by many young women was the culprit for clotting in the periphery which had the potential to be dislodged and move along the artery and cause Heart attacks and strokes which took the lives of several young women.

This led to a push to stop prescribing such pills to prevent acne and instead to use topical agents instead. Currently the most effective topicals for acne are antibiotic-based for the exception of one known as Epiduo which is made up of Adaptalene & Benzyl peroxide.

Recently however, a major study found that this change in prescribing behaviour had led to serious bacterial resistance to all the antibiotics used topically which can have very serious consequences as we are rapidly running out of antibiotics to fight serious infections and there are hardly any new antibiotics entering the market. This has made the medical community extremely worried, which led to the letter we received from Galderma pharmaceuticals who are the largest manufacturers of acne products around the world. Here's the letter we received:

So, pretty much the market is open for CB-03-01 to dominate and make some serious cash. The only competition remaining is Epiduo and its patent is running out in less than 5 years, so expect a major pharmaceutical company to buy the licence to Cb very soon.

Hope this puts a little smile on your faces as we're waiting for a new solution to hairloss
    Desmond, great to hear from you again! I missed you, man. And sorry to hear about your dear friend, my heart and my condolenses go out to you. Keep in the regular loop on here though, I for one trust your thoughts and opinions more than anyone in the hair restoration field.

Thanks brother.. Will do. Trying to catch up on everything I missed.. There's a lot of new threads lol

Héhéhé... yes bro ! welcome back Desmond, you missed us

Any update in regards to a possible "wetting agent" ?

Is vehicle really the issue?

Click image for larger version

Name:	cb0301 - 02.jpg

Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	37208

Is there anyone currently using CB?

Why hasn't anyone tried this cream vehicle

"Quite often, a wetting or levigating agent is needed when incorporating a solid substance into a cream or ointment. Commonly used agents include alcohol for wetting and mineral oil or glycerin for levigating"