+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Many of the comments in this thread are a good display of why this forum ends up being so stupid. Guess what? All those that say that a cure is not around the corner? You don't know what the hell you're talking about! Anyone who says a cure is definitely around the corner (I actually haven't seen anyone saying that on here), they wouldn't know what they're talking about either.

The facts are, there's more specifically targeted work being done now than at any time in the past. That means there's more reason for optimism than at any point in the past. Does that mean a cure or even a better treatment will be found? No. As has always been the case, we have to wait and see. Any statements that try to reframe this in a more pessimistic or optimistic position are overstating their case. We have reason for hope, solid reasons, but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    Many of the comments in this thread are a good display of why this forum ends up being so stupid. Guess what? All those that say that a cure is not around the corner? You don't know what the hell you're talking about! Anyone who says a cure is definitely around the corner (I actually haven't seen anyone saying that on here), they wouldn't know what they're talking about either.

The facts are, there's more specifically targeted work being done now than at any time in the past. That means there's more reason for optimism than at any point in the past. Does that mean a cure or even a better treatment will be found? No. As has always been the case, we have to wait and see. Any statements that try to reframe this in a more pessimistic or optimistic position are overstating their case. We have reason for hope, solid reasons, but that's it.
    When I see Histogen, I feel that way. But it's been a very, very long time. I'm really not as optimistic as I once was.

Quote Originally Posted by k9gatton View Post
    The cure is definitely not near. Histogen used to make me feel positive. But it's been so long, and they seem to be empty promises for now.

Even if Histogen works, it only works for one hair growth cycle. People will still need to get more injections as time goes by.
    in fact i didn't talk about histogen...histogen, samused, replicel are all scams imo

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    seems you're not up-to-date. there is tons of new hot info on H+L+T. even an interview with tsuji labs.
    tsuji is officially targeting a 2020 full cure release in japan.
    Tsuji labs said in 2012 they'd be doing clinical trials by 2015. I'm not getting excited with those statements anymore. Most of it seems marketing to get fund managers to invest money in them or to get universities to sponsor new research.

follica also showed some new stuff on their website. they can create denovo terminal hair with their wounding device. question is only, how efficient will it be. we will see, but i'm personally very excited about follica.
    Same for follica, they've been talking about it so long, also not getting excited anymore with their talks.

replicel could turn out good as well, but it could also fail.

histogen is still a write-off in my opinion.
    Same old indeed.

however, tsuji is the real deal.
    I agree. However I think it's impossible for them to predict anything. How can you predict anything at all if you still have to invent it ? It's like saying that we can cure cancer in 5 years.

But even if they somehow find how to clone hair, man, how many years of clinical trials do you think before we can reasonably assume it's even safe ? Look at Sangamo bio Sciences, they're messing around with genes to cure Aids, they've been doing clinical trials for years and years and it doesn't seem they'll be ready anytime soon. With something that big of a game chancer, the authorities want be damn sure that it's not going to kill people.

BTW I've just read the interview and it's exactly like I expected. They still need to find out how to cultivate epithelial cells. Maybe they'll find out how to do it tomorrow. Maybe they need 20 years, maybe even more. Fact of the matter is that such a thing is just really impossible to predict.

Also, he's talking about 2 years of clinical trials. I'm not familiar with Japanese law, maybe they can really market a cure so quickly over there. But American FDA laws are not there to piss people off, it's there to protect them. Injecting these cultivated cells after only 2 years of clinical trials, man, that's really a gamble if you ask me.

Anyway, until they've found out how to cultivate epithelial cells I don't see much reason for excitement. When people learned about cloning stem cells in the 90's, everybody thought we'd be walking around with cloned organs before the year 2000... Just saying, it's really impossible to put a time frame on it. One can always hope of course ...

and if these epithelial cells were got by fibroblasts? imo it would be a good method to avoid further and useless experiments and don't waste still time

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    BTW I've just read the interview and it's exactly like I expected. They still need to find out how to cultivate epithelial cells. Maybe they'll find out how to do it tomorrow. Maybe they need 20 years, maybe even more. Fact of the matter is that such a thing is just really impossible to predict.

Also, he's talking about 2 years of clinical trials. I'm not familiar with Japanese law, maybe they can really market a cure so quickly over there. But American FDA laws are not there to piss people off, it's there to protect them. Injecting these cultivated cells after only 2 years of clinical trials, man, that's really a gamble if you ask me.

Anyway, until they've found out how to cultivate epithelial cells I don't see much reason for excitement. When people learned about cloning stem cells in the 90's, everybody thought we'd be walking around with cloned organs before the year 2000... Just saying, it's really impossible to put a time frame on it. One can always hope of course ...
    i don't see it that dramatic. tsuji basically replicates what happens when you're a baby. two special cells come together and decide to form a hair follicle. the science is there. tsuji is highly confident that in the next trial they will show how everything comes together, including the multiplied cells while retaining gene expression. if they perfect this method, i think it's very unlikely that the cells get rogue and start cancerous growth. but let's even assume it happens in 1 of 1000 cases or so.
    if cells start growing uncontrollably and form a tumor, this would be easily detectable on the scalp. i think that post-care could also be to check the scalp once every year for 5 years after the procedure or so, like with ultrasound or more modern imaging technologies.
    if you ask me, if the doc tells me there is a 1/1000 chance of getting cancer but it would be just cut out of the scalp if it occurs and gets detected, i would still do the treatment i a second.
    in the end, with every future cell manipulation treatment there will always remain a very small chance that something goes wrong. that doesn't mean that such treatments are not revolutionary and mankind-changing. it's the future of medicine.

further, they are so confident, that the big company kyocera started to develop cell manufacturing equipment for automation of the process etc.
    they are officially targeting a 2020 commercial release if no further roadblocks cross their way. that's the best statement ever for hairloss sufferer. they are not anymore just dancing and tinkering around. their goal is to bring it to market finally.

of course you have to travel to japan to get the treatment. everyone knows that the FDA is a mess and huge roadblock for innovation. the arguments about safety are not valid anymore.
    i even hope that tsuji never tries to market it in the US. if companies refuse to go through 10 years release process, only then the FDA will start to realize it has to change.

waiting for a US release would mean a cure in 2030 instead 2020.

on a sidenote, liz parrish with her company Bioviva is also avoiding the FDA and going for a release in the bahamas. her pioneering work, together with other great researchers, is groundbraking! google and youtube her if you don't know her yet. she's impressive. a hero in my opinion. she will change the aging process forever, and we don't have time to mess around with the outdated stupid FDA.

Not optimistic for anything except for Histogen. But I'm afraid the US market will be very, very far off the timeline. Used to lead the market. Now it barely follows new trends. Japan will probably be first.