+ Reply to Thread

Default Hi Everyone! Alex from Atlanta

Hi Everyone, I just wanted to stop by the intro section and introduce myself... My name is Alex, I'm from Atlanta Ga, 29 year old man.. Around the age of 23 -24... Out of the blue, I noticed a dime sized hair loss spot, about 1 inch back of my hairline... Over the next 4 years, the spot got noticeably worse.. At this point the spot was too hard to conceal anymore, so I shaved my head last summer... Around Feb, I started using minoxidil Kirkland 5%..At the start I was using this stuff about 4 or 5 times a day.. Seeing no results... Then around the end of May, I started to notice new hairs growing in... Now In October, about 7 months since starting... The area has filled in roughly about 50%, it's fill in enough to the point where I feel comfortable enough to have grown my hair out about a centimeter. The spot is still noticeable in the front, and no I'm not totally satisfied with the results... Though, Its light years better than it was this time last year... Even though Minoxidil says it's not proven to show results near the front of the head, that verdict is incorrect.. The growing is much slower than the vortex where I also use it ... But Non the less it does show results! This week I made the transition to generic CVS Foam 5%, Without a doubt I like the foam much more than the liquid... I'm skeptical about the results being the same , ( Keeping my fingers crossed !) Thanks for reading!

I forget the type of alopecia this is, but my buddy in graduate school has this. It's some autoimmune type of alopecia. It's nothing to really worry too much about. I'd go see a physician and see if corticosteroids will fix the problem. It'll help suppress the immune system, allowing proper regrowth in that area.

Here you go, this is what I think you have, from what you've described.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alopecia_areata

The growing is much slower than the vortex where I also use it ... But Non the less it does show results! This week I made the transition to generic CVS Foam 5%, Without a doubt I like the foam much more than the liquid... I'm skeptical about the results being the same , ( Keeping my fingers crossed !) Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by Winston; 12-17-2014 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Please refer to our posting policies.

welcome here!!!!

I would like to share an experience of my own. Last year i went to turkey for hairtransplant to the clinic of Songül Alci in Medical Park Hospital.
    Mrs. Alci and her team were so friendly that it was an incredible experience for me. The result was extremely satisfying.
    They offered me a package with hotel accomodation, pickup service etc.
    If you are planning hairtransplant. I highly recommend