Is this balding on my temple? If so what stage? I'm 21 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Is this balding on my temple? If so what stage? I'm 21

Help me out here guys. Am I just over thinking?

http://imgur.com/a/CLh68

Quote Originally Posted by Redxlx View Post
    Help me out here guys. Am I just over thinking?

http://imgur.com/a/CLh68

Need better pics and from the front but it does look like some temple balding. Norwood 1.5 at the most I suspect. Post more photos.

Definitely, you're a norwood 2 and the perfect candidate for getting on treatment because it's fairly early.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanlucBergman View Post
    Definitely, you're a norwood 2 and the perfect candidate for getting on treatment because it's fairly early.

What should I do?

What should I do?
    Definitely get a prescription for propecia, about 2% of people get sides on 1mg involving lowered libido, but if you lower the dose to 0.25 so a quarter of a propecia tablet it still has 85% efficacy and you'll have a negligible chance of getting side effects. This blocks the hormone that makes your hair fall out. You could also use a good minoxidil like lipogaine on the most recently receeded temple parts to get a bit of regrowth. Using a ketoconazole shampoo twice or three times a week like nizoral or Regenuepure DR will help mildly against stopping the hormones from attacking the follicles, but only make a small difference.

Definitely though try starting with 0.25mg of propecia and use a keto shampoo three times a week. Minoxidil twice a day and a good one like lipogaine will help with regrowth if you want to try that.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanlucBergman View Post
    Definitely get a prescription for propecia, about 2% of people get sides on 1mg involving lowered libido, but if you lower the dose to 0.25 so a quarter of a propecia tablet it still has 85% efficacy and you'll have a negligible chance of getting side effects. This blocks the hormone that makes your hair fall out. You could also use a good minoxidil like lipogaine on the most recently receeded temple parts to get a bit of regrowth. Using a ketoconazole shampoo twice or three times a week like nizoral or Regenuepure DR will help mildly against stopping the hormones from attacking the follicles, but only make a small difference.

Definitely though try starting with 0.25mg of propecia and use a keto shampoo three times a week. Minoxidil twice a day and a good one like lipogaine will help with regrowth if you want to try that.
    Damn really? That seems like a lot of stuff to commit to. Are those my only options? Thank for you the replies by the way.

Damn really? That seems like a lot of stuff to commit to. Are those my only options? Thank for you the replies by the way.
    Personally I do 0.25mg of propecia every day, a 128 diode chinese laser helmet for 20 minutes every two days, lipogaine minoxidil on the top and crown once per day, Regenepure DR keto shampoo 2ce a week and Pura d'Or Gold 5 times per week. It will cost me around $900 a year and the amount of effort it takes is negligible.

If I were you I would DEFINITELY start with 0.25mg of propecia and use those shampoos, which for most people will halt any further loss. Minoxidil is a bit of a pain in the ass but it would help with regrowth, but it isn't as necessary as the propecia.