PRP with transplant - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default PRP with transplant

Hi all,

43 male here. Slowly slowly losing hair for the past 20 years of life. Even now I can hide it pretty well with concealer (dermatch) and many still do not notice. Regardless, I want to address the issue. I have researched for years and I'm now in a financial position to do it. I have had a few consultations. I have one more in a few weeks and will make my final decision. My current top choice is recommending I do PRP with the transplant for an additional cost, of course. I'm wondering if I should do this or not and welcome any thoughts. My understanding is it can speed up recovery time as well as how long it takes transplanted hairs to grow.

A few more details. My approach is to address the crown area first. I think that is the most 'in need' area. The front certainly has some thinning but not as severe as the back. Most of my consultations have been centered around me wanting to have two procedures done. One to address the back half and then another - likely a year later - to address the front. Top choice recommending 1500 grafts to address the back half along with PRP. My thought is why not drop PRP and get a few hundred more grafts put in...

Appreciate any thoughts. I will be discussing this with the doctor as well.