tattoo micropigmentation self trial, PICS! - BaldTruthTalk.com
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Talking tattoo micropigmentation self trial, PICS!

hey guys, i am a newbie here but i was looking for ways to treat my baldness. im 30 and have been balding since my early 20s and have been shaving my head since i was 25.

anyway i dont want to go the HT or meds route so i was looking for other alternatives and came across tattooing.of course i had concerns with blobs, color changing,etc. but the FAQs section REALLY HAD ME CONSIDERING THE PROCEDURE.

ANYWAYS... i am bored at home drinking some beers when i tried to picture what i would look like then BAM! got the idea. i went and got my wife's mascara and dabbed the little brush on my bald spots. for me doing this the very first time it looked pretty good so i took some pics.

then i decided to show my wife, and she was puzzled like "you look different" i said "in a good way?? she said "hmmm,you look younger... wait you have HAIR!" of course i was happy,i showed her up close and we had a good laugh. i told her "i should of done this on our wedding day!'
    the thing is at first she didnt want me to get the procedure but she realized how it made me feel and now she supports my decision.

i do have concerns such as
    -fading
    -blobbing
    -dots too big
    -permanent
    -real hair turning grey (although there is no history of greyness in my fam)
    -gotta keep my head buzzed for life ( i like my head shaved anyway tho)
    -looks too fake,etc

cant think of anything else at the moment, but you get what im saying

before you talk sh!t, just know i did this just to see what it was like and thought i would share.
    i would really like some feedback on this procedure, im trying to do as much research as possible

p.s yes i kno it looks fake, it totally IS fake, i did it with my wife's mascara
    Attached Images

Thumbs down

We all understand how badly you want to look like you have your hair back, but I promise you that this is a really BAD IDEA! You are going to be sealing your fate with a lifetime of touchups that will evenly be imposable to make look natural. You will no longer be able to expose your head to sunlight and even if the shading looks natural from a social distance it will not once someone gets within 1 foot of you. It’s a ridiculous concept that you will regret having done in the future.

delphi,
    -do you know anyone personally who has gotten this procedure done?
    -have you done any kind of hair restoration?

i read on one site that no touch ups are necessary, i have no hair left on top and i dont really know what options i have.

im pretty much refusing to do HT or drugs,plus a hair piece is way out of the question. if you have more info for me id appreciate it,i just started researching this procedure and i cant find much info.
    of course i wont do it without FULLY finding out all angles negative and positive

Slothy, I don’t personally know anyone who was dumb enough to have this “procedure” done. Don’t be desperate and make a stupid decision. These boards are here for a couple of reasons and one to help desperate uniformed people to make smart decisions before it’s too late.
    Good luck!

so how is it a 'dumb' procedure? n youre not really helping out here either

compared to other treatments,this is fairly new

when HT and all these other treatments first came out people said they were dumb as well..
    thats why im trying to get as much info as i can

Slothy, it’s not a “procedure” it’s a tattoo! You’re considering having your head permanently tattooed with thousands of little dots. I’m sorry if you don’t think that I’m helping, because I'm attempting to help you avoid disaster.

i got over 20 tats so im not really worried about permanent ink.
    AND its not a big tattoo piece on my head like some freaks.

its more like tiny specs scattered on your dome to replicate buzzed hair follicles. needles are minute compared to a standard tattoo needle which leaves a dot bigger than a hair follicle.

i mean, if i was rich or patient enough to wait till technology on HT or other treatment blows out the water then i might consider those.
    like i said i barely got on this forum and barely started thinking about all options.

i understand the cons so no, youre not helping at all here, id appreciate it if you didnt post in this thread anymore.

Yeah, I guess you now it all. It’s your funeral, I did my best to warn you.
    Good luck!

Yes, you did your best. Thank you Captain Obvious for your tons of useful and factual information.

So anyone out there with REAL knowledge and experience with this procedure?
    All the pros and cons of your involvement would be great.

I think it looks pretty dam good. Thanks for sharing and let us know how you make out.

Is there any reason you can't get this tattoo and then at a later date if you decide you want a hari transplant you couldn't get one?

thanks for sharing.

how much would it cost to get a tattoo like your considering?

JB