+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Sm04554

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    I don't think Follica has any intention of putting anything hair loss related to market. As Cotsarelis said to Desmond, they don't have the money...
    Then why the initial backing of Puretech Ventures with millions of dollars? Why all the years of (snail paced) work from Cotsarelis? Why waste all the time, money, man hours and effort only to NOT release a treatment?

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Then why the initial backing of Puretech Ventures with millions of dollars? Why all the years of (snail paced) work from Cotsarelis? Why waste all the time, money, man hours and effort only to NOT release a treatment?
    They were launched about 9 years ago, have made it through two clinical trials. All their theories have been tested by science and passed with flying colors. The main thrust of their work would be to corner the hair loss market, with a far better topical treatment and a procedure that makes HT obsolete. I wonder what makes people think they've bowed out?

Anything from the guys who are testing?

Hello all, new to the board here.

Start this trial today (USA). The doctor is extremely encouraged by the potential of this treatment, although the clinical research nurse with whom I spoke said she hasn't witnessed much growth in the patients she has seen thus far.

We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by SM04554 patient View Post
    Hello all, new to the board here.

Start this trial today (USA). The doctor is extremely encouraged by the potential of this treatment, although the clinical research nurse with whom I spoke said she hasn't witnessed much growth in the patients she has seen thus far.

We shall see.
    Good luck and keep us updated!

The trial only started a few months ago, and most treatments take several months to show progress, so it's not surprising that not much has been seen yet. It will also be interesting to add if this works in combination with other treatments.

Doesn't sound too promising.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    Doesn't sound too promising.
    Minox wouldnt have looked too promising at all in the first month or two, in fact most good respondents shed heavily. And i doubt they got the correct % from the start (probably started at 2%)

Does anyone know what the compound is exactly so Kane can have an attempt at copying - i posted a likely candidate earlier in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by charlie76761 View Post
    Minox wouldnt have looked too promising at all in the first month or two, in fact most good respondents shed heavily. And i doubt they got the correct % from the start (probably started at 2%)

Does anyone know what the compound is exactly so Kane can have an attempt at copying - i posted a likely candidate earlier in this thread
    The compound is actually 0.15 and 0.25%. https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02275351

It's a 300 person trial so they are putting a lot of money into this. They must think it's promising.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it could also be a large # of people because they need to prove safety also, since it affects the wnt pathway.

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian View Post
    The compound is actually 0.15 and 0.25%. https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02275351

It's a 300 person trial so they are putting a lot of money into this. They must think it's promising.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it could also be a large # of people because they need to prove safety also, since it affects the wnt pathway.
    Hi Justinian.. my 2% was reference to a guess at Minox concentration at first trials... Great to know SM is 0.15 to 0.25% - just need to find the actual compound structure and properties

here were my thoughts on what the compound could be....

May be a bit tenuous, but believe i've found the patent but lacks molecular structure apparently

http://www.faqs.org/patents/app/20140005228

i think this is the compound being used in Samumed's SM trials in San Diegeo - one the lead inventors listed on the patent works for Samumed as per https://www.linkedin.com/pub/sunil-kumar-kc/3/934/149 and the patent seems relevant in it's description

Further, looks the most likely from the other patents he's developed http://www.faqs.org/patents/inventor...an-diego-us-1/

Thoughts?

Don't you guys find it weird that we've never heard about this product before, there's no information on it on the web or elsewhere, and that we've all been told about this by doctors' secretaries as a new very interesting product that we could all enrol in?

All of a sudden, we have 3-4 NEW members join this forum and state that they're in this trial in one comment and leave. We've never had that before for medication development phase trials, for any product... I'm just saying it's fishy.