+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

I really can't understand the thought of the naysayers.
    Seems they're very happy to see nothing works.

You know what we should send a mail to che ceo or someone like that explaining the enthusiasm and hope on bim, sent by every community, maybe we list every forum interested, so we can show them there are thousands of people who are ****ing waiting so hard for this product and we will buy it even if it's result are not extremely better then minox, maybe they will trash it, maybe not but at least we showed them our interest
    We don't know what they are doing and maybe they don't care at all about the internet bald community (i think they care enough to read at least), but if they decide to trash bim because it's the same as minox well i'm not ok, we will have another weapon at least
    We must do all we can to show interest, maybe a tard in their team thought "they will not buy it if it's not better then rogain, so let's cut this millions and stop everything", i don't want any regret and any ru 2.0 all over again, bim must reach phase 3 NOW and we need a confirm

Maybe they will sent back a hint, like "ok guys don't worry we appreciate it, just wait" that will be awsome

Hey guys, we're all in wait-and-see mode for this drug, but I came across some more interesting info about Allergan/Actavis. Turns out, Actavis will undergo a name change to Allergan towards the end of the year. They've also taken down their pipeline page from their website. A lot of people on here have the habit of going very negative if something happens like that - they think "oh they've taken down that page, they must be dumping their pipeline products." No, just no.

Actavis is interested in building a stronger brand, expanding, and becoming one of the largest, most valuable pharmaceutical companies in the world. That is why they agreed to buy Allergan (for $13 Billion more than any competitor), based on their existing products (namely botox) and what is in their pipeline. I may be wrong about this (but I doubt it) - once Actavis becomes Allergan by name and brand, they're going to need those new pipeline products to lift them and their brand into the big time. News of new, very effective and lucrative products also build their brand. Bimatoprost is one of those products - we know because it works, and that is undeniable (we don't know the results of the phase 2b trial, but they do). Every bit of news I could find shows that if successful, bimatoprost will be released late 2015/early 2016. Another product they plan to release as well in 2016 is DARPin for macular degeneration. They stand to make A LOT of money off of these drugs, and they solve problems for large markets of unsatisfied people.

My theory about why they haven't released any news is what I just posted. If you really think about it, it makes sense. Name change -> new extremely lucrative and effective products -> increased revenue -> bigger brand. They're going to need to this news, because it is very valuable to them in timing how to become a much bigger brand, which is all part of Actavis' plan. The news is essential, and right now it belongs to them. In time, we'll know as well, and hopefully that will mean a new highly effective product which belongs to us.

If anyone wants to deny that this product won't work very well - have a look at this study: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3545535/

Should change your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready View Post
    If anyone wants to deny that this product won't work very well - have a look at this study: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3545535/

Should change your mind.
    You are obsessed with bimatoprost. You try to conviece everybody with so passion just like if you won't make your point it won't be released by actavis.
    If they planned to move on phase 3 we propably would know it. It's so simple.
    Cb0301 has many many chances to be on the market, so put your energy there.

Quote Originally Posted by breakbot View Post
    You are obsessed with bimatoprost. You try to conviece everybody with so passion just like if you won't make your point it won't be released by actavis.
    If they planned to move on phase 3 we propably would know it. It's so simple.
    Cb0301 has many many chances to be on the market, so put your energy there.
    Well, cause I'm pretty certain I'm right, and I'm trying to be informative and bring positivity to the message board. However, it is a waiting game, so I won't log on at all in the near future and we'll see what comes of it.

For people doubting the timespan, simply look at the previous trial.

"First received: March 28, 2011"
    "Results First Received: March 3, 2014"
    https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/...37?sect=X70156

It was a 6 month trial. So it took about 2 years for results to be posted, give or take.

And the new one:
    "First received: July 18, 2013
    Last updated: April 10, 2015"

So if it was released the same amount of time after first received as the previous trial, it would be July 2016. It takes time for these things. When they say "phase 3 starts immediately after if results are positive" that probably means like 6 months. First - there is data collection after a trial. Second - you have to prepare/design the new trial, which cost money. They probably won't start this until positive results are received or else they may be wasting their money.

There are some reasons to doubt bimatoprost, but the timeline isn't one.

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian View Post
    For people doubting the timespan, simply look at the previous trial.

"First received: March 28, 2011"
    "Results First Received: March 3, 2014"
    https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/...37?sect=X70156

It was a 6 month trial. So it took about 2 years for results to be posted, give or take.

And the new one:
    "First received: July 18, 2013
    Last updated: April 10, 2015"

So if it was released the same amount of time after first received as the previous trial, it would be July 2016. It takes time for these things. When they say "phase 3 starts immediately after if results are positive" that probably means like 6 months. First - there is data collection after a trial. Second - you have to prepare/design the new trial, which cost money. They probably won't start this until positive results are received or else they may be wasting their money.

There are some reasons to doubt bimatoprost, but the timeline isn't one.
    I'm not gonna keep going about this, but they selected 300 men and 300 women for phase 2 so that if results were positive, they could immediately jump into phase 3. The number of recruited people is there, and they've already designed the trial (why would phase 3 protocol be any different from phase 2?). Data collection took from Nov to Jan.

Please tell me, since you believe timeline isn't the issue here, what are the reasons to doubt? I find it hard to doubt at all, given everything I've read.

Well I just read this the other day: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/16/fa...for-women.html
    "Dr. Piliang said she expects Latisse’s results to be less striking on the head than on the lashes because the drug works by shifting more hair from the resting phase to the growing phase. For lashes, only about 30 percent of the hair is in the growing phase at any given time, she said, but on the scalp, that figure is 80 or 90 percent."

The 2a results aren't impressive and they tested 3 different doses (all very small, but they don't list the exact ones), so we'll have to wait and see how much the dose actually matters when increased greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready View Post
    I'm not gonna keep going about this, but they selected 300 men and 300 women for phase 2 so that if results were positive, they could immediately jump into phase 3. The number of recruited people is there, and they've already designed the trial (why would phase 3 protocol be any different from phase 2?). Data collection took from Nov to Jan.

Please tell me, since you believe timeline isn't the issue here, what are the reasons to doubt? I find it hard to doubt at all, given everything I've read.
    Give up on Bim.
    You're blindly optimistic.