I'm changing from Finasteride and upping the juice to Dutasteride - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Almost no thinning in that photo. Seems a bit drastic as a preventative step.

No update still?

Hi guys,
    Sorry no updates. Not much to report as still early days. I have experienced zero side effects.
    I will take some pictures in a month when i can achieve a similar environment and hair cut to compare.

There is definitely thinning in the crown region hence why i have decided to take it up a notch.

My main objective is to continue to halt the loss moving forward. I don't expect regrowth.

Regards
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    Hi guys,
    Sorry no updates. Not much to report as still early days. I have experienced zero side effects.
    I will take some pictures in a month when i can achieve a similar environment and hair cut to compare.

There is definitely thinning in the crown region hence why i have decided to take it up a notch.

My main objective is to continue to halt the loss moving forward. I don't expect regrowth.

Regards
    Spex
    Spex,
    How long does it typically take to results on something like dut when switching over?

Is there any evidence you have seen that suggests dut works better for maintenance/regrowth?

I'm thinking of switching over too but kind of hesitant right now.

Hi John,
    I believe everyone is different but any benefits would become clear after say 6-12 months.

Good info here on benefits
    https://www.bernsteinmedical.com/res...s-finasteride/

Regards
    SPEX
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

I switched from finasteride after being on it for 20+ years to dutasteride .5mg/d as well. I think finasteride kept the loss down to a manageable amount but I have a very thin crown none the less and about 8 months ago I started to shed like crazy and it scared me really badly. It was like the fin just stopped doing anything and I kind of panicked and decided to switch to Dut. The big shed stopped or slowed about 3 weeks into the dut although i still have scary days where alot of hair seems to shed though. I haven't noticed a major change in my hair or anything and the crown thinning is steadily marching forward to meet my frontal hairline. In the sun its very apparent that I don't have much hair..I try to tell myself that after all I'm 62 and shouldn't care but I am a really active and otherwise youthful guy and it always bothers me and I think about it constantly. I have noticed that dutasteride has blunted my sex drive, penile sensitivity and reduced my ejaculate volume quite markedly. I guess I shouldn't be surprised as its basically a mild castration drug. Whats sad is that I would rather have hair then a sex drive..How crazy is that..?

Quote Originally Posted by markusbdc View Post
    I switched from finasteride after being on it for 20+ years to dutasteride .5mg/d as well. I think finasteride kept the loss down to a manageable amount but I have a very thin crown none the less and about 8 months ago I started to shed like crazy and it scared me really badly. It was like the fin just stopped doing anything and I kind of panicked and decided to switch to Dut. The big shed stopped or slowed about 3 weeks into the dut although i still have scary days where alot of hair seems to shed though. I haven't noticed a major change in my hair or anything and the crown thinning is steadily marching forward to meet my frontal hairline. In the sun its very apparent that I don't have much hair..I try to tell myself that after all I'm 62 and shouldn't care but I am a really active and otherwise youthful guy and it always bothers me and I think about it constantly. I have noticed that dutasteride has blunted my sex drive, penile sensitivity and reduced my ejaculate volume quite markedly. I guess I shouldn't be surprised as its basically a mild castration drug. Whats sad is that I would rather have hair then a sex drive..How crazy is that..?
    Markus, that's not crazy at all. I don't have a sex life and I'm younger than you but even if I were in my 20's and had to make a choice between not having sex and having a full head of hair I'd choose hair. I never really gave a damn about sex and never felt it's something that important but the way I think about is, not having sex won't ruin my life, while losing my hair -and even the fear of losing my hair- HAS RUINED my life...completely. Many will agree that losing their hair has destroyed their lives including their sex life. So I'd voluntarily and happily give up my sex life -if I had one- and get all of my hair back -and also my life back- instead of being forced to give up my sex life anyway because of the self esteem issues that many balding guys have.

Hi Spex,
    Any update? It's been about 6 months

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMPB View Post
    Hi Spex,
    Any update? It's been about 6 months
    Paging dr. Spex....

Quote Originally Posted by markusbdc View Post
    20+ years.. wow that's incredible! What Norwood were you destined for if you don't mind me asking? As for your sex drive, are you sure some of that is not due to natural aging? Not to be demoralising but after all, you are 62 and how many people your age are sexually active.. not ****ing many is the answer so congratulations to still be hitting it with a head of hair. I'm surprised you're still taking this medication and especially DUT. I would've let the inevitable take its course at 50.