+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Anyone ever stop and think that the few people on these sites that are saying that they have never had any side effects and have been on it for years are people from MERCK advertising there poison for profit. They have a financial reason to take the time and get on these sites and pretend like a happy user. Unlike the thousands of poor guys suffering and will never be the same again like myself. What reason do we have to take the time to do this. Think about it!

All drugs are just attempting to help with difficult unsolved problems so drastic results take drastic changes. Yes there are risks and sides to it, but MPB was previously completely untreatable so its an option where there never was one. Thousands of poor guys might suffer, but it helps millions of others live life keeping their hair. Still probably worth keeping around I think. Have sides or dont want to risk issues? Dont take it. Pretty simple
    Existing stats speak for themselves, and this debate on propecia safety is in hundreds if not thousands of previous threads.

Hi Calvin. I have also been on this drug for 8 years and stopped cold turkey 4 weeks ago. I feel for you as I am experiencing exactly the same symptoms. The fist two weeks were the worst by far for me, insomnia, panic attacks, crippling depression. I still feel weak, run down and anxious at the moment but am hoping and praying things will improve. I find exercise, running and weight lifting has helped somewhat. How are you now? Have you improved in anyway? Keep positive. Time and keeping good care of yourself really does seem to be the best solution overall. People do recover, its not all horror stories out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    Anyone ever stop and think that the few people on these sites that are saying that they have never had any side effects and have been on it for years are people from MERCK advertising there poison for profit. They have a financial reason to take the time and get on these sites and pretend like a happy user. Unlike the thousands of poor guys suffering and will never be the same again like myself. What reason do we have to take the time to do this. Think about it!
    Propecia was a huge disappointment for Merck sales wise. They're too busy making new drugs to be sitting on hair loss forums. Get back to reality. Take the pill or don't bother fighting hairloss, you've no chance in hell without it. Go join slybaldguy forum and try to convince yourself you look great with your bald head.

You have 4 Posts and you're bashing the best hairloss treatment we have. You probably work for some snake oil company and are paid to make new accounts and bash things that actually work on forums so people buy natural garbage that doesn't make any difference.

Okay yes propecia sucks, and its dangerous. Where is your better treatment or the better equal alternative to using it? Millions of men would love for you to enlighten the rest of us. Also it does require a little thing called evidence it actually works.
    Anyone can criticize things its very simple and easy to do. It does not solve or improve anything. Propecia is used simply because nothing is better right now.

Okay but you never gave a viable alternative to propecia that has evidence it works as well. Some of what you have there is flat out wrong. Not everyone requires different co-factors to reverse hair loss there is absolute proof that castration prevents MPB from ever happening. Nothing else in existence has ever been shown to do that. If thats not powerful proof its hormone related I dont know what else to say. Nothing now can reverse hair loss.

I will just chime in to what burtandernie is saying. Propecia unfortunately is not ideal and if there was something better id be taking it. But for the large majority it is a life saver. No hair tranplant will come close and look natural like your natural hair, so if you are noticing you are loosing hair my recommendation get on the only prooven treatment that works asap as it is very hard to regrow what you have lost. I personally know of 3 out 3 people who take the drug and it has worked wonders for them. And I am pretty confident they dont spend there spare time on these crappy forums telling everyone how good it is. They are out living life.

Lets prey one of these new treatments in the pipeline works and comes out very very soon.

Yes in the next year or two maybe something will show up that can at least replace finasteride like that s equol or something like that. Better major treatments are still a few years away most likely. A lot of people have been on fin for many years and never touch these forums. I knew some people in real life that were on it maybe years ago and doing fine. Derm I saw about 8 years ago had tons of men on it with no issues said it was very safe. These forums definitely skew results towards the negative aspects of fin, but you have to be aware they do exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotlieb View Post
    I understand.
    But itīs a shame that our complex nutrients growing under feet is a past, and the drug industry is trying to copy it.
    I donīt squeeze trees but itīs gone to far, and going back to basics is certainly a major key since we cannot fool nature or our system.

Edward Griffin explains it perfectly, nobody is going to spend their money on natural ingredients since they cannot patten it.
    Itīs a ongoing profit industry, from Merck to your friendly hair transplant doctor to keep your precious hair.
    But iīm foolish enough to use growing plants directly on my scalp.
    You have the information, there is a lot of people who wish they had that as they first started loosing hair. See if your opinion changes as you continue to loose hair. I wish I had of hopped on fin earlier then I did. People have been talking about saw palmetto for years yet I have not seen one single picture of results with it. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Gotlieb View Post
    Yeas Saw palmetto covers the whole natural flora, and the only thing people remembers itīs the word natural, and just by guessing itīs in minimized form (pills,powder) for easy usage?

Fin seems amazing, since itīs has to be so exiting to inhale the drug, and just pray that nothing strange happen to your body.
    And people are amazed if they can actually maintain some hairs, and praise it until they find out that they are dependable of the drug, and that sides can appear after 6-10 years of usage.

I have no clue regarding your statement of my treatment, since Iīm regrowing hair so please let me know when Iīm going to start loosing hair, since you already have the knowledge.
    If you can proove your growing hair without fin or to a lesser extent minox, I and many others would love to know. Clear pictures are the best form of proof..