Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Highlander is right

Nothing wrong with balding as long as it suits you, where with some men it does. Strathem, vin diesel.

However Highlander has a point, it knocks points of your looks if it doesn't suit you. It messes up facial symmetry, as the hair frames the top of your face, with the jaw framing the bottom with the nose being your 'mid centre'. Beauty is about symmetry,and often these changes are subtle.

I recently had a jaw operation, my nose and jaw has changed, with the changes being 3-4 mm MAX. But god, eveything looks symmetrical and better. 2 points up looks wise (With the right hairstyle).

And I think the hardest thing for A LOT of guys losing their is knowing they can look better, but are powerless to change it.

Although Highlander has some views which I don't agree with, in regards to race, I feel people telling him that its all in his head should hold back. He is at the early stages of hairloss, and that is probably the worse because you just want to stabalise it whilst you can.

I also think ANY HT, or scientist reading this thread should get this sorted out ASAP. I can frankly say, now that I look slightly better due to my recent op, I no longer worry about hiding my jawline which I did by growing a beard. Such a weight off my shoulders. I can now be more relaxed when I socialize. (sounds familiar hairloss sufferers?)

Hi yeahyeahyeah, can we see some before and after shots of your surgery?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Hi yeahyeahyeah, can we see some before and after shots of your surgery?
    Dont really want to shed my identity here. But here are some good pictures:

Their profile has changed big time.

Im also sure each their confidence and self esteem has improved because they look better.

Often the changes are a few millimetres here and there, but the most important thing is facial symmetry.

Highlander is literally retarded.

But sometimes right.

Inactive

Indeed, not everyone has a face that would look good without hair framing it. Furthermore, I think rocking the shaved-head look REQUIRES you to be low bf%/muscular. Fat bald guys look like slobs and skinny bald guys look like cancer patients. And let's be honest, most men are unwilling or unable to put in the work to fully dedicate themselves to the look a la Statham, The Rock, etc.

Not even gonna front, every single one of the people in those pictures looked 1000x better post op. I do, however, think a lot of those were pretty extreme cases. But yeah, those girls went from I wouldn't even notice to couple drinks away from temporary love.

My face is actually rather asymmetrical. I think I slept on one side (left side) my entire life and it is somewhat flatter and "shorter" (if you are to look from the side, the width of the head). I noticed probably a year ago and started purposely sleeping on the other side, which felt extremely uncomfortable, because I was so used to sleeping on my left side. Again, the differences are very minimal, no one has ever said anything, I think we all notice little things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Not even gonna front, every single one of the people in those pictures looked 1000x better post op. I do, however, think a lot of those were pretty extreme cases. But yeah, those girls went from I wouldn't even notice to couple drinks away from temporary love.
    And herein lies the problem.

Would you give them the chance, if they never had that problem?

Clearly not. And this is what us hairloss sufferers have to contend with.

By the way, I was an extreme case. And it was a total kick in the balls when my hairline went back.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    My face is actually rather asymmetrical. I think I slept on one side (left side) my entire life and it is somewhat flatter and "shorter" (if you are to look from the side, the width of the head). I noticed probably a year ago and started purposely sleeping on the other side, which felt extremely uncomfortable, because I was so used to sleeping on my left side. Again, the differences are very minimal, no one has ever said anything, I think we all notice little things like that.

Best if you don't either tbh. Cos most people are not very empathetic at all if they can sense your insecurities.

Senior Member BaldinLikeBaldwin's Avatar

I might need cosmetic surgery too in the future

just need to figure out what's wrong first

all I know something aint right with this face, so imperfect

Quote Originally Posted by BaldinLikeBaldwin View Post
    I might need cosmetic surgery too in the future

just need to figure out what's wrong first

all I know something aint right with this face, so imperfect
    Dont over do it mate.

Remember cosmetic surgery is just there to improve your existing features, rather then completely change the way you look.