+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default Temple points are crucial

It seems to me as if most hair restoration surgery ignores temple points or treats them like luxuries instead of necessities. This is wrong. Look at good cases of temple point restoration....the difference in how the face is framed is HUGE

I have reached a point where aggressive hairline restoration w/o temple work depresses me. The lost opportunity is just crazy.....obviously the patient still looks much better, but the addition of youthful temples would add major points.

Do temple points take a lot of grafts to restore or something? Why do they get ignored this often?

Temple points are a luxury - you're damn right though, temple points are incredibly important - surgeons will only be able to restore temple points if they can get hold of enough grafts.

Nigam+doubling FTW.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    It seems to me as if most hair restoration surgery ignores temple points or treats them like luxuries instead of necessities. This is wrong. Look at good cases of temple point restoration....the difference in how the face is framed is HUGE

I have reached a point where aggressive hairline restoration w/o temple work depresses me. The lost opportunity is just crazy.....obviously the patient still looks much better, but the addition of youthful temples would add major points.

Do temple points take a lot of grafts to restore or something? Why do they get ignored this often?
    Totally agree.

Without good temple points, your forehead basically ends up looking wider.

I definitely made this a point to the HT doctor I want to get an HT with next year. He said I will need 200 grafts on each. I tried to picture myself with a decent hairline and my current faded temples, and it just doesn't look good. Maybe it's okay on older men, but I don't think it looks natural on a younger guy.

Agree big time. Funny cause I see the odd bald guy who for whatever reason still has very strong temples, even that makes for a slightly better look with shaved stubble head.

I know many, especially surgeons would disagree, but if you do FUE, i dont see whats wrong with giving someone solid temples even if they end up with further loss and have to shave their head. Shaved to a 1 with something to frame your face (could also consruct decent hairline), but a lot of crown loss, is better than shaved to a 1 without that IMO.

My decimated right temple F's up my whole facial symmetry. I find I have two options that somewhat help. Have the hair at a decent length to try and cover it, or go zero-1 on the sides and back (crew cut, fade, etc); i think you need decently 'strong' facial features for this though.

I wouldnt walk away from an FUE without temple points.

Thank God I still have mine though, probably one of the main reasons I can still look at my face in the mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by capitan View Post

Thank God I still have mine though, probably one of the main reasons I can still look at my face in the mirror.
    Jesus God help us.

It seems to me as if most hair restoration surgery ignores temple points or treats them like luxuries instead of necessities. This is wrong.
    Actually, it is not wrong. It is completely normal for males who are not balding to lose their temple hair. Whether you like it or not, or accept it or not, that is the honest truth about it. That is the reason why hair restoration doctors typically will not restore the temples for a male unless he is transgendered.

It is because it does not look natural for males to retain a youthful hairline. It's as simple as that. However, if a male patient is trangendered the doctor will fill in the temples.

If you would take the time to interview dozens of reputable hair restoration doctors about it, they will give you the exact same answer I just gave you. So don't beat me up for telling you the truth about it. I did not write the guidelines, I'm just telling you what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by capitan View Post
    Then make sure to go to your appointment with the hair restoration doctor in drag.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Actually, it is not wrong. It is completely normal for males who are not balding to lose their temple hair. Whether you like it or not, or accept it or not, that is the honest truth about it. That is the reason why hair restoration doctors typically will not restore the temples for a male unless he is transgendered.

It is because it does not look natural for males to retain a youthful hairline. It's as simple as that. However, if a male patient is trangendered the doctor will fill in the temples.

If you would take the time to interview dozens of reputable hair restoration doctors about it, they will give you the exact same answer I just gave you. So don't beat me up for telling you the truth about it. I did not write the guidelines, I'm just telling you what they are.

Most non balding people have temple points

case in point:

When a man balds, those triangle things disappear, making the forehead wider. Might not sound like a big deal, but when you are having photos of your profile taken, IT IS a big deal.