+ Reply to Thread
Page 149 of 225 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 159 199 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 2248

so we officially back on histogen? lol

@latitude

i dont think the regrowth is based on the haircount you still have. The technology should kind of reactivate the "dead" follicels too so i guess its a % of the hair you once had before mpb (and its not 100%, that would be too good to be true )

Quote Originally Posted by Latitude View Post
    I do get concerned when percentages are quoted, a 100% increase in an area with one terminal hair is just, well, one hair. The percentage increase could really be an infinite number depending on the baseline. Ultimately the results need to be cosmetically significant to the individual being treated to make any product a commercial success.
    If you only have one terminal hair, then that's ok because Histogen 'will' thicken up your vellous and non-terminal hairs.

My understanding is that, at 3 months 22% increase in terminal hair count. So if you have 100 vellous hairs and 1 terminal hair on your hair then you still have 101 hairs. Add 22% to this and you get 24 Terminal Hairs and 125 hairs in total. Also Histogen reports that it increases hair thickness by about 23% (at month 3). So you will have 125 hairs (24 terminal) that have increased in thickness by 23%!! - Not bad for someone at 3 months who started off with only one ''hair''. Results will surely improve at 6 and 12 months.

If this is actually what histogen can do, then it is a very very good treatment!!

see below

ABSTRACT FINAL ID: 519
    TITLE: Stimulation of hair growth in humans by cell-secreted proteins
    AUTHORS (FIRST NAME INITIAL LAST NAME): G. K. Naughton1, C. Ziering2, N. Sadick3, D. Perez-Meza4, M. Hubka1, D. Ehrlich1, J. Mansbridge1
    INSTITUTIONS (ALL): 1. Histogen, San Diego, CA, United States.
    2. Ziering Medical, Los Angeles, CA, United States.
    3. Sadick Dermatology, New York, NY, United States.
    4. Permanent Hair Solutions, Maitland, FL, United States.
    ABSTRACT BODY: We have evaluated a bioengineered human cell-derived formulation, termed Hair Stimulating Complex (HSC), on the effects of hair growth activity in male pattern baldness and female diffuse hair loss. HSC is produced by cells grown on beads in hypoxic bioreactors and contains cytokines including KGF,VEGF,follistatin and noggin. Follistatin and noggin antagonize activin and BMPs which maintain the quiescent state of hair follicle stem cell proliferation. We hypothesized that injection of this medium may increase the supply of progenitor and transit amplifying keratinocytes to the hair shaft, leading to an increase in the thickness of the hairs and a reversal of the miniaturization process. Three clinical studies have been performed. The pilot study was a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial involving 26 men with androgenetic alopecia. At baseline one area of the scalp received (4) 0.1cc intradermal injections (injs) of HSC and the parallel site received identical injs of placebo. HSC showed an excellent safety profile and a statistically significant increase in hair shaft thickness (p<0.05) at 3 months and hair density at 3 months (p <0.03) and 1 year (p<0.03) as assessed by Trichoscan image analysis. Analysis of the distribution of hair density at 1 year showed that the effect was no longer localized to 2-3mm around the injection site, as was the case at 12 weeks. Increased terminal hairs were seen in the entire region within the 4 injection sites supporting the hypothesis that HSC stimulated resting and miniaturizing follicles to increase terminal hair growth. A Phase I/II 55 patient trial with an identical protocol but with 8 injs of HSC and control at baseline and a repeat dose at week 6 has completed enrollment. A 10 patient non-controlled study for men and women with hair loss is being conducted, with patients receiving 20 injs of HSC at baseline and week 6. The efficacy results seen with HSC represent a novel regenerative medicine approach in hair growth treatment.

KEYWORDS: Hair, Clinical trials, Biologic therapy.
    CURRENT 1ST PREFERRED CATEGORY: Human Clinical Research and Therapeutics
    CONTACT (E-MAIL ONLY): ebrandt@histogeninc.com
    SESSION LOCATION: Ballroom B/C
    SESSION DAY & DATE: Thursday, May 10, 2012
    SESSION START TIME: 10:00 AM

Quote Originally Posted by PvH View Post

Why did people lose faith in histogen to begin with?

Quote Originally Posted by bigentries View Post
    How convenient

Replicel presents bad results and suddenly Histogen is going release more information.

Really good timing considering that everyone know they got at least some success and the expectations are really low at the moment
    Dream on.

I've been reading TBT site for years. Histogen has a head start on RepliCel by at least 3 or 4 years.

If anything its more fool RepliCel for releasing their not so amazing data weeks before Histogen are about to present their Phase 2 three month data at a public event. Of course you can't blame RepliCel for trying and I sincerely hope both products come to market sooner rather then later!!

Quote Originally Posted by PvH View Post

I was never off the Histogen Bandwagon lol. I've long thought they were the best bet.

They were always ahead of Replicel and had results that were really good long before Replicel released their less than good results.

Histogen is looking like the first product to market that will be successful. I don't know of any problems they have had with their actual technology, that bloody lawsuit set them back time and money though!!! Grrrrrr.

I believe Aderans has problems with angle of hair growth....

If only famous people donated to Histogen, plenty of celebs going bald who want their hair. Cmon people, drop some mula on a good cause :P

Either way, with Histogen's results, funding won't be an issue.. I just hope they will come out with even better results. I want to ask Gail Naughton some questions, does she actually respond to emails? What is her email?

Quote Originally Posted by tizzle View Post
    @latitude

i dont think the regrowth is based on the haircount you still have. The technology should kind of reactivate the "dead" follicels too so i guess its a % of the hair you once had before mpb (and its not 100%, that would be too good to be true )

Thanks Tizzle - Makes sense, if that is the case I do stand corrected.

I would be more than happy to get back 50% of what I've lost to date

Quote Originally Posted by jpm View Post
    I believe Aderans has problems with angle of hair growth....
    Why is this a problem when a hair transplant surgeon can correct the angle?