Closed Thread
Page 17 of 187 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 ... LastLast

I also reviewed the hypothesis of follicept and it is seems legit.

Pathway diagram. IGF-1 or insulin binding to IGF1R (IGF-1 Receptor) results in activation of signaling pathways which in turn causes Akt or another PIP3-dependent kinase to translocate to the nucleus and phosphorylate Foxo1 at three sites Ser-253, Ser-316, Thr-24). The phosphorylation prevents Foxo1 from binding to its substrates normally, attenuating its usual deactivation of the AR (androgen receptor). Ligands binding to AR stimulates expression of IGF1R, creating a positive feedback loop.15
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17202144

Basically this means that it can antagonize the androgen receptor. FOXO1 is a downstream pathway that is way more interesting actually. IGF-1 has an impact on this one as you can read.

The most important factor in AGA is the genetic link. Unfortunately, we cannot change our genetics.

It seems that the second most important factor in AGA is the forkhead box (foxo) family. It regulates pretty much everything in AGA.

1) How androgens interact
    2) Interacts will various factos p16,p27,p53,akt, mapk, ampk, and much more
    3) Regulates cell cycle, quiescence, senescence, etc
    4) Involved with estrogen receptor
    5) Involved with SIRT1, autophagy, mitochondria, antioxidant formation, apoptosis, stat3, almost everything if not everything involved with AGA

Examples of forkhead box family FOXA2. FOXA2, for example, causes androgen sensitivity in which even free testosterone can bind to the androgen receptor and cause hair loss. There are others as well, I posted about some of them already here and in the androgenetic alopecia update thread.

I recommend anyone serious about AGA to read and do some searches about Forkhead box (foxo, fox, etc)
    That credit doesn't go to me btw but a other guy who posted this a while ago. He knows much though. Also the FOX family is implicated with PPAR which is involved in adipogenesis. Adipogenesis is implicated in hair follicle cycling obviously in the dermal macro environment and a must for anagen onset. The factors like MAPK, P53, P16, P27 are extremely important. Lately many researchers have shown the importance of these factors in AGA. They seem to be extremely important. IGF-1 can have a broad action as you see.

Minoxidil for instance has impact on these factors too;

We demonstrated here that minoxidil plus ATRA additively increased the phosphorylation of Erk in both dermal papilla cells and NHK, compared with minoxidil alone. The role of the Erk signaling pathway in cell growth has been well established (20). The diverse involvement of retinoic acid has been demonstrated in the regulation of developmental processes and the modulation of differentiation in various cellular models by the MAPK pathways (21, 22). The MAPK pathway is also involved in maintaining cell survival by modulating apoptotic molecules including Bcl-2 family (23). The PI3 kinase/ Akt cascade plays a crucial role in cell survival and the prevention of apoptosis (24, 25). The crosstalk between Erk and PI3K/Akt pathway has been demonstrated to prolong cell survival (26). Our results thus suggest that the activation of Akt, an anti-apoptotic molecule, by minoxidil plus ATRA may prolong survival of DPCs and epithelial counterpart.
    In summary, our data suggest that the enhanced hair growth by minoxidil plus ATRA in our short-term organ culture may be explained through prolonged survival of epithelial cells and dermal papilla cells, which mediate signals for follicular epithelium. Minoxidil plus ATRA more increased the phosphorylation of Erk and Akt early 1 hr after the treatment than minoxidil alone. The change of Bcl-2/Bax ratio, P53 and P21 were also detected later 24 hr after the treatments. Minoxidil plus ATRA could work together to prolong the survival of cultured dermal papilla cells and epithelial cells and to protect them from apoptosis by dual mechanisms with different kinetics: 1) the activation of Erk- and Akt-dependent pathways and 2) the increase of the ratio of Bcl-2/Bax and the suppression of the expression of P53 and its downstream target P21.

Is this swooping guy for real? I don't think anyone on here has a problem with me but you dude. First you call me a baboon for calling you out on generalized and misinformed criticism, then you get all sarcastic, and now you seem to have completely turned around and actually support folicept's line of thinking, all the while claiming that I have a low IQ. No one can follow you anymore. Maybe you're just a crazy person? Either way, can you please stop with the broscience overload on the forum? I have my ideas too, but I'm not polluting the thread with them. let the professionals do their work.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    Is this swooping guy for real? I don't think anyone on here has a problem with me but you dude. First you call me a baboon for calling you out on generalized and misinformed criticism, then you get all sarcastic, and now you seem to have completely turned around and actually support folicept's line of thinking, all the while claiming that I have a low IQ. No one can follow you anymore. Maybe you're just a crazy person? Either way, can you please stop with the broscience overload on the forum? I have my ideas too, but I'm not polluting the thread with them. let the professionals do their work.
    No I think your on meth. You have been in bad mouth fights several times here on the forum with other members. Do I need to link you to them? More people think you are wicked in your mind. Yes I was to straightforward with my conclusions about this treatment. After reading more, I'm convinced this is actually very exciting. Btw please don't ever tell your ideas. All that comes out of your mouth is bullshit. Now I have reported you for you constant harassing me, from the start of this topic monkey. Go get your bananas please if you can't stay on topic.

Swooping, you call him a baboon because he was open to the possibility of follicepts potential,
    then you realize there may very well be potential in their product,
    yet you still maintain that he's a baboon?
    ....and then you report him for harassment?...and proceed to call him a monkey, again.

it is quite apparent that your raw IQ may be quite high, but dude you are emotionally immature.
    Man up and apologise.

Quote Originally Posted by EXprettyboy View Post
    Swooping, you call him a baboon because he was open to the possibility of follicepts potential,
    then you realize there may very well be potential in their product,
    yet you still maintain that he's a baboon?
    ....and then you report him for harassment?...and proceed to call him a monkey, again.

it is quite apparent that your raw IQ may be quite high, but dude you are emotionally immature.
    Man up and apologise.
    Yeah I was emotionally immature. This sdsurfin guy literally knows nothing though and keeps telling bullshit in every post he makes. That's why I got emotionally immature. Just review his posts. The guy has a IQ of a peanut. Guess I can't really stand dumb people like him. Will ignore him now though, thanks. Hope we can stay on topic to the IGF-1 story now cause that is what counts!

Adding capsaicin cream and 100mg soy isoflavone to my regimen to increase CGRP. Why not, I'm already going with the kitchen sink approach, so what's two more things.

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    Yeah I was emotionally immature. This sdsurfin guy literally knows nothing though and keeps telling bullshit in every post he makes. That's why I got emotionally immature. Just review his posts. The guy has a IQ of a peanut. Guess I can't really stand dumb people like him. Will ignore him now though, thanks. Hope we can stay on topic to the IGF-1 story now cause that is what counts!
    Jesus. Follicept only came on here because I was in communication with them privately. You only heard the last explanation from replicel because they contacted me. There is currently a possible source of affordable pgd2 blockers because I've done my networking. I'll be sure to keep all these things off this forum from now on, this place is too much of a joke. And swooping I would send you my test scores and credentials just to shut you up if it wasn't for the fact that I really don't want you knowing who I am. Suffice it to say I have a much higher than average IQ (not that IQ testing is a great determinant of practical intelligence anyway) and I never harassed you. Simply was trying to elucidate the possible validity of follicept and calling you out for treating a friendly company rep like trash. And got called a monkey for it. Anyway I like monkeys, they are quite intelligent. This place is a waste of time. Sheesh

Quote Originally Posted by unbalding View Post
    Adding capsaicin cream and 100mg soy isoflavone to my regimen to increase CGRP. Why not, I'm already going with the kitchen sink approach, so what's two more things.
    I don't think boosting free IGF is going to do anything. The Japanese study that used soy and capsaicin reportedly was forged.

Jesus. Follicept only came on here because I was in communication with them privately. You only heard the last explanation from replicel because they contacted me. There is currently a possible source of affordable pgd2 blockers because I've done my networking. I'll be sure to keep all these things off this forum from now on, this place is too much of a joke. And swooping I would send you my test scores and credentials just to shut you up if it wasn't for the fact that I really don't want you knowing who I am. Suffice it to say I have a much higher than average IQ (not that IQ testing is a great determinant of practical intelligence anyway) and I never harassed you. Simply was trying to elucidate the possible validity of follicept and calling you out for treating a friendly company rep like trash. And got called a monkey for it. Anyway I like monkeys, they are quite intelligent. This place is a waste of time. Sheesh

Bro just ignore him... 90% of the time if I see his name I just skip over it, because generally when a thread is longer than two pages his comments are really just insults... Thanks for getting in touch with these guys though!

I don't think boosting free IGF is going to do anything. The Japanese study that used soy and capsaicin reportedly was forged.
    It's not one of the papers that was retracted. Boosting free IGF isn't the point either. Capsaicin is supposed to stimulate the sensory nerve. The isoflavone is then used by the sensory nerve to increase CGRP production which helps the hair follicles to produce IGF-1.

http://www.jhgc.com.sg/theory/igf-1/index.html