Closed Thread
Page 22 of 187 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Keki View Post
    I thought they said they are unique cuz they have this special patch to help reach the ideal depth, guess i read it wrong, well i hope follicept will clarify my doubt

Even if i need to start treatment now ( i'm a nw 2.5 crown) i think i will wait a couple of months, if i commit using minox is a pain for the rest of my life, better wait a little and hope to recover if this works, so guys pls be fast and think about EU aswell, if we can avoid issues with customs will be better, is always annoying even for a shampoo sadly
    You should consider getting on a PGD2 blocker or AA as soon as you can to maintain what you have. I wouldn't wait around for something that may or may not work while your hair continues to deteriorate.

Quote Originally Posted by unbalding View Post
    You should consider getting on a PGD2 blocker or AA as soon as you can to maintain what you have. I wouldn't wait around for something that may or may not work while your hair continues to deteriorate.
    You could try adenogen from shiseido. It has been proven to work about as well as rogaine, and it gives me no side effects, whereas rogaine set off a cascade of itching and gave me dark circles under my eyes. You could also try RU, although the side effects were too much for me. Hopefully in a few weeks we will have a viable pgd2 blocker to try. I am using topical cetirizine and i don't know if it is helping my hair but it stopped the itch and i get no sides from it. the first few days my mouth was dry but thats gone now. I don't think its a big deal if you stop using something and witch to something else. for some reason i don't trust rogaine, it works but i have the feeling like it can actually accelerate loss once when you stop.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    You could try adenogen from shiseido. It has been proven to work about as well as rogaine, and it gives me no side effects, whereas rogaine set off a cascade of itching and gave me dark circles under my eyes. You could also try RU, although the side effects were too much for me. Hopefully in a few weeks we will have a viable pgd2 blocker to try. I am using topical cetirizine and i don't know if it is helping my hair but it stopped the itch and i get no sides from it. the first few days my mouth was dry but thats gone now. I don't think its a big deal if you stop using something and witch to something else. for some reason i don't trust rogaine, it works but i have the feeling like it can actually accelerate loss once when you stop.
    I quit minox because of the dark eye circles, and heart issues. I'm glad to hear that adenosine doesn't give you the dark eye circles. A couple of studies show it inhibiting collagen production, but another shows adenosine receptors promoting collagen production.

Quote Originally Posted by unbalding View Post

yeah i know it's a risk, i will test some other regime meanwhile then i will take propecia before summer if we have bad news, i don't trust ru, we don't have so many study behind.
    If follicept works will be perfect, i could slow my hairloss for another year or two for setit reach the market (or better price and more info) and avoid propecia, my libido, sperm volume ecc is normal/low naturally if i kill even a little my balance could be devastating.
    When i had no hairloss i had no ****ig idea prostate and hairs were connected, this is a ****gi curse for us

Quote Originally Posted by Keki View Post
    think about EU aswell, if we can avoid issues with customs will be better, is always annoying even for a shampoo sadly
    This

Quote Originally Posted by KJ1982 View Post
    This is very exciting stuff; many thanks for coming to the forums, Follicept. I look forward to what lies ahead...

KJ.
    My pleasure. Thanks, us too!

Quote Originally Posted by benutzer81 View Post
    @Follicept, on your website you stated this:

Wich Papers suggest this? Your own trials in mice?
    Actually this figure came from the Japan Hair Growth Consultants site- with their work on IGF-1. Sorry for the mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Xoxo View Post
    @follicept:

How are your trials designed?
    • Number of participants?
    • Fin, Minox and Placebo groups?
    • Different dosages?
    • Duration?
    I think your time line is very optimistic as you only have like half a year to:
    • Find the right dosage
    • Wait for hair to grow
    • Evalute trials
    • Market the product
    • Manufacture the product
    Thanks for the note! Still designing the trials, so I am not sure yet. There may be only one dose, possibly two. Initial results should be seen within a month or so. We expect that this would be an all or nothing type of result. Either it gains a bunch or hair or doesn't. We don't expect incremental results. Thus, comparisons to fin and min may be limited if existent at all. I will let you know once we have everything firmed up. Minimum for statistical significance is about 20, so we are shooting for at least that. As far as development goes, we have the formulation pretty much down. Ingredients are very few- it's simply a matter of finding a manufacturer who can combine and fill- nothing too complex. The marketing, upon seeing trial results, will take care of itself. You have seen the response from one press release and a simple website. Imagine some before and after pictures. You guys are key to all this. I had no idea how passionate and well-versed you all were. Plus, we like a challenge

Offtopic:-
    @Follicept
    Would you have any idea if estrogen has any relationship with IGF-1 at scalp??
    You can PM me if you have any answers coz i don't wanna derail the topic.

Is this something that would maintain hair or more like min where its trying to grow new hairs? I am more in the maintain category right now but Im not fond of finasteride and changing my hormones.