+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast

For the people saying 2018, you do realize this technique will be approved by the end of this year by the FDA. This should be ready by next year.

You haven't been in the game long enough, johnny boy.

I think some of you guys are being very optimistic about this becoming a gold standard in/by 2017/2018. Dr. Wesley is basically just beginning small transplant trials and will obviously need to expand the # of follicles used before we see if this method is substantially better than more traditional FUT. Considering it will likely take 8-12 months before we really see efficacy (AFTER the trials have been expanded, and who knows when that will happen...), it will probably be at least 2 years before other doctors even consider looking into this.

Also consider that other doctors might not adopt the method immediately, especially if it isn't significantly better than the procedures they already offer. I think we're looking at another 4 or 5 years before this is readily available outside of Wesley's and maybe other advanced clinics.

Quote Originally Posted by John9923 View Post
    For the people saying 2018, you do realize this technique will be approved by the end of this year by the FDA. This should be ready by next year.
    we said mainstream use.
    simple fda clearance is a different subject.

also of note is they said what you are saying now early on in 2011. Things got pushed back.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemo View Post
    I think some of you guys are being very optimistic about this becoming a gold standard in/by 2017/2018. Dr. Wesley is basically just beginning small transplant trials and will obviously need to expand the # of follicles used before we see if this method is substantially better than more traditional FUT. Considering it will likely take 8-12 months before we really see efficacy (AFTER the trials have been expanded, and who knows when that will happen...), it will probably be at least 2 years before other doctors even consider looking into this.

Also consider that other doctors might not adopt the method immediately, especially if it isn't significantly better than the procedures they already offer. I think we're looking at another 4 or 5 years before this is readily available outside of Wesley's and maybe other advanced clinics.
    This is a reasonable comment and if you review my posts i also mentioned how long transplants take to materialize as a key factor in time allotment. Hemo is on point.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemo View Post

Ding ding ding. It takes a while for the HT surgeon community to all learn and perfect new methods to the point that they would be offering it as the 'gold standard' of their practice. This assumes that the method will in fact be significantly better which inevitably means it will also be more expensive for a good length of time.

hell, even 4-5 years might be aggressive. Lets see when the small scale experimental procedures actually start...

I won't wait the mainstream use for all surgeons and lambda people in my case

There's a lot of balding guys who aren't on internet forums to search the best solution/technique and a lot who won't want to travel to try a new technique without seeing a lot of patients exemples

In my case I just need Dr wesley or another top doc in the world to do a medium session (2000/3000) and I wouldn't mind to be in the few first patients who do this technique like a guinea pig ^^ so I think in 2017 It would be possible for the ones who are motivated and understand the risk
    I would be afraid if it was a new implant technique on the recipient area, but it is just a new thing to extract the graft, and subdermal approach is being use in chirurgical medecine for years without a problem so I won't wait to see 200 big sessions results to convince me, but of course only if im in wesley's hands or a well known top doc

Quote Originally Posted by lacazette View Post
    I won't wait the mainstream use for all surgeons and lambda people in my case

There's a lot of balding guys who aren't on internet forums to search the best solution/technique and a lot who won't want to travel to try a new technique without seeing a lot of patients exemples

In my case I just need Dr wesley or another top doc in the world to do a medium session (2000/3000) and I wouldn't mind to be in the few first patients who do this technique like a guinea pig ^^ so I think in 2017 It would be possible for the ones who are motivated and understand the risk
    I would be afraid if it was a new implant technique on the recipient area, but it is just a new thing to extract the graft, and subdermal approach is being use in chirurgical medecine for years without a problem so I won't wait to see 200 big sessions results to convince me, but of course only if im in wesley's hands or a well known top doc
    In 2017 we'll know more.
    Let's hope these small trials go well, because if not it could be back to the drawing board.

bump