+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

The company is trying to make money whether chin fat or whatever else they want. If you lose weight that weight drops off everywhere you face, and everything else all changes with weight so I still think chin fat is under control of most people if they ever care to change it. I do think hormones though can make losing/gaining weight a lot easier or harder for some people.
    MPB is practically completely out of someones control though except for using treatments. You cant drop weight and gain your hair back

Quote Originally Posted by Trouse5858 View Post
    I agree 100 percent and feel strongly that 9 out of 10 fat people are simply not dedicated to making the changes necessary to actually lose weight - namely eating healthy and working out. On the flip side, I would subject myself to truly horrible things and agonizing temporary pain on a daily basis if it meant having a full head of hair. Hell, I'd do 6 months solitary confinement starting tomorrow no questions asked. I realize that's a f---d up mindset but that's where I'm at.
    Yet you wouldn't wear a hair system, right? Makes no sense to me. We could have any kind of hair we wanted, completely undetectable. But we won't do it because of the stigma associated with "wigs." Proving what this is all really about deep down, social acceptance.

Tbh I think that the biggest problem is that most people felt fin was the answer. It's only in recent times that fin's safety has become more questionable (not here to start a war on the safety of fin, but it's becom clear that there is a risk with it and frankly even at 2% is too high)
    I feel no one should have to even remotely risk the sides of fin to save their hair, even if that risk is small or not, we need a safer method and the biggest problem with getting that method up until now is simply because the majority of people thought hairloss was pretty much cured via fin/minox anyway.

The time for change has to be now.

Tbh I think that the biggest problem is that most people felt fin was the answer. It's only in recent times that fin's safety has become more questionable (not here to start a war on the safety of fin, but it's becom clear that there is a risk with it and frankly even at 2% is too high)
    I feel no one should have to even remotely risk the sides of fin to save their hair, even if that risk is small or not, we need a safer method and the biggest problem with getting that method up until now is simply because the majority of people thought hairloss was pretty much cured via fin/minox anyway.

The time for change has to be now.

21st Century Cures act is on the house floor tomorrow for a vote. If they get over 350 votes, then it looks like it will certainly be made law before they year is out.

I think this bill could very positively effect the trials for a drug like Setipiprant. It has an excellent safety profile with thousands of patients, has had a phase 3 trial, with little to no adverse events. I am speculating here, but from everything I've read, it seems that a drug with this kind of safety profile, and number of trials under its belt (8), Allergan may just have to prove its efficacy.

Although hair loss is not a life-threatening illness, it is a chronic condition, with no current treatment. Finasteride is not a real treatment. It is also stone-age medicine, with regard to hair loss.

I cannot say for sure that they would do this. However, given everything I've read in the bill, they want to speed up the process, especially for a drug with the safety of 8 trials, and thousands of patient's data. It's also alway been an oral medication. The only real question at this point is - does it work for hair loss?

I thought they used words like breakthrough drugs. I don't think it has to be just life saving.

Quote Originally Posted by JayM View Post
    I thought they used words like breakthrough drugs. I don't think it has to be just life saving.
    Yea, not just lifesaving. Breakthrough drugs that treat illnesses that have no treatment or cure. The idea behind it is to spur innovation, to basically make more money. A much needed overhaul, and would give the economy a boost. I believe Japan's laws changed in regards to stem cell therapies, to give their economy a boost.

It's about damn time.

Quote Originally Posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready View Post
    21st Century Cures act is on the house floor tomorrow for a vote. If they get over 350 votes, then it looks like it will certainly be made law before they year is out.

I think this bill could very positively effect the trials for a drug like Setipiprant. It has an excellent safety profile with thousands of patients, has had a phase 3 trial, with little to no adverse events. I am speculating here, but from everything I've read, it seems that a drug with this kind of safety profile, and number of trials under its belt (8), Allergan may just have to prove its efficacy.

Although hair loss is not a life-threatening illness, it is a chronic condition, with no current treatment. Finasteride is not a real treatment. It is also stone-age medicine, with regard to hair loss.

I cannot say for sure that they would do this. However, given everything I've read in the bill, they want to speed up the process, especially for a drug with the safety of 8 trials, and thousands of patient's data. It's also alway been an oral medication. The only real question at this point is - does it work for hair loss?
    Hey man would appreciate it if you let us know how the vote ends up going. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    Hey man would appreciate it if you let us know how the vote ends up going. Thanks.
    Sure, I think the vote is actually Friday, though. Will post abt it later

21st Century Cures passed the house 344-77. 70 of "no" votes were by Republicans (go figure).

This is excellent news. They were hoping to get 350 votes which is the overwhelming majority, but this is very close and the White House has expressed support of the bill and willing to work on it.