+ Reply to Thread

Default 26 months finasteride, hairline slowly receding

I'm using finasteride for about 26 months now. During this period my hairline has not recede a lot, but in the past half year / year, there is some movement in the hairline (it's really about receding temples, the rest of my hair is still thick).

What are the next steps I could take?

- Minoxidil? I have little faith in this, but what do you guys think?

- Switching to dutasteride? I read different stories about switching from fina to duta. Some successful, but also some ending up balding way more fast.

- Other options?

Hey buddy,
    May be you are just imagining things ,have you compared your old pics??i can get this because one day my hair feels thick and other day thin.due to lighting and other factors.i have used minox but it felt too hectic to apply.u can jump to dut 3 times. A week and continue with fin if u feel like.By the way what was your age when u started fin??

Quote Originally Posted by Blurr2710 View Post
    Hey buddy,
    May be you are just imagining things ,have you compared your old pics??i can get this because one day my hair feels thick and other day thin.due to lighting and other factors.i have used minox but it felt too hectic to apply.u can jump to dut 3 times. A week and continue with fin if u feel like.By the way what was your age when u started fin??
    Unfortunately I don't think I imagine it this time, I noticed my receding temples already at age 16, started fin at age 22, now I'm 24..

This is my current situation with pictures from the last years;

Left 2011 March, right 2009 November:
    Link

2015 May:
    Link

2017 Februari:
    Link

Today:
    Link

So last 6 months I think my temples has definitely receded...
    I think I will add to my finasteride some dutasteride (ones or twice a week).

You guys think minoxidil is also worth trying? Because it's quite expensive I think...

Default Hey my friend,as i see your pics i see it fine,but you may be the

Quote Originally Posted by w12345r View Post
    Unfortunately I don't think I imagine it this time, I noticed my receding temples already at age 16, started fin at age 22, now I'm 24..

This is my current situation with pictures from the last years;

Left 2011 March, right 2009 November:
    Link

2015 May:
    Link

2017 Februari:
    Link

Today:
    Link

So last 6 months I think my temples has definitely receded...
    I think I will add to my finasteride some dutasteride (ones or twice a week).

You guys think minoxidil is also worth trying? Because it's quite expensive I think...
    Hey my friend,
    From what i see your pics i see only a slight change,but you are a better observer of your condition.Minox sure you can try ,try generic version 10 percent for your temples ,its better and cheaper.And do you feel a decreament in your density on top?or you can go for dut 3 times a week with your current regimen.
    And my question is has your beard development stopped during fin or its still filling??
    I believe in you my friend,u can defeat this shit just have faith in god and be strong.😊😊

Quote Originally Posted by Blurr2710 View Post

Hey my friend,
    From what i see your pics i see only a slight change,but you are a better observer of your condition.Minox sure you can try ,try generic version 10 percent for your temples ,its better and cheaper.And do you feel a decreament in your density on top?or you can go for dut 3 times a week with your current regimen.
    And my question is has your beard development stopped during fin or y its still filling??
    I believe in you my friend,u can defeat this shit just have faith in god and be strong.😊😊
    Thanks for the support!
    My hair on top of my head and on my crown has always been really thick and still is.

Also I always had a full beard and although I use fin it's still as thick as ever

I think I would like to add some duta to my regimen. What would be the best option?
    3 times a week duta and the other days fin? Or every day fin and on top of the fin 3 times a week duta?

Maybe I will also add minox, but I must say I'm a bit afraid of the horror stories about minox (and actually duta also) destroying the hairline....

Haha, balding can really make a man insane. I'm in a long distance relationship and in about 2 months I will see my girlfriend again and we will marry so we can live together in the same country. But atm I'm freaking out about my hair because it has receded the last 6 months and I'm actually afraid that I will bald in 2 months so much that she would be like who the f**k are you
    Completely insane probably, because 1; in 8 years actually didn't happen that much, so in 2 months probably also not and 2; it shouldn't actually matter, but still I'm always worried that someday the balding will end our relationship...

But actually the last 8 years I always had some periods where I thought ''O wauw, I'll be bald in 6 months now for sure''. And then after a while I forget and don't mind anymore for sometimes a year till the next panic atack;p
    Like I said, the balding can make me crazy sometimes

Default Hey my friend,

Yes. Happens with me also,one day i am motivated that i wont go bald and other day feels like shit.And it has been 8 yearrss!!!! Wow man you have been doing good.and your regimen continue with fin daily 1mg and start dut 0.5 mg 3 times a week.on monday thursday and saturday .it will be enough because dut has a good half kife it will definitely give you better results.And congratulations to you and your girlfriend may you live a long happy life and bitches get always crazy for u and ur hair😂😂

I'm still a bit afraid of the horror stories about duta destroying hairlines...

I don't want to destoy my hairline before the wedding, but I also don't want it to recede any further...

Maybe minox would be more safe to start using without the possibility of destroying the hairline? Or is the minox shed really bad? I would really like to try RU, but unfortunately it's pretty expensive and you have to use it with liquid minox, which I don't really like...

Or maybe I should just keep using only fina till after the wedding and hope my hairline won't be destroyed by then...

What do you guys think? Pff stressing allot

Quote Originally Posted by w12345r View Post
    I'm still a bit afraid of the horror stories about duta destroying hairlines...

I don't want to destoy my hairline before the wedding, but I also don't want it to recede any further...

Maybe minox would be more safe to start using without the possibility of destroying the hairline? Or is the minox shed really bad? I would really like to try RU, but unfortunately it's pretty expensive and you have to use it with liquid minox, which I don't really like...

Or maybe I should just keep using only fina till after the wedding and hope my hairline won't be destroyed by then...

What do you guys think? Pff stressing allot
    No brother,it is bullshit,how can a medicine just a stronger version destroy hairlines.No it wont ia m sure about it.side effects may be increased a bit,but obky a small chance i thibk as you have tolerated fin.i would abstain from mibox although it is also very good but it can cause a temporary shed.dont worry my brother just go on dut without any worries...kudooss!!