Very confident that I'm going bald, 19, advice/tips? - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

From the pictures I posted (Link is there) could anyone tell me what Norwood scale I'm at? Since I can see my scalp when wet and slightly when dry (that's something recent) as well as my scalp when parted in certain ways, and my crown (the worse part, pics there under high light and wet) so I'd like to know whether I should start Mindoxidil now or not. Because I'm hearing a lot of bad stories where Mindoxidil did more harm than good. (gets rid of your present hairs then regrows them thinner and worse)

Quote Originally Posted by fctet258 View Post
    By "you' you mean me or what? Because I think the hair started growing back on the temples for me
    I replied without realizing you weren't the Op.

Little update, 8 months onwards (about), I started Minoxidil more or less when I posted this. And around a few days ago I noticed tiny, invisable to the naked eye hairs growing all over the thinned scalp region as well as the temples (temples aren't a concern for me, the thinning of the frontal scalp and crown is however) so I guess the Minoxidil is doing something, but my hopes aren't up. Will wait out the year to completely see its effects. Also, yes I started Fisateride, but I'm taking it slowly, started at once a week, now on 3 times a week to gradually build it up. First 2 weeks I did experience some sides, p*nis wasn't as errect as usual and a slight loss of libido. A week being off it, I was back to normal. And since then no sides have happened, can achieve full errections even after taking it twice in a week, but again, I wouldn't take this as a rule of thumb. If I do experience any more serious side effects after say 6 months, I'll make sure to post it here. Hell, I'll use this as my own progress/regress forum!

hey Heimegger, your hair loss looks almost exactly like mine! the texture of our hair looks ****ed up and ratty, like a pile of straw. it's a tough thing to see that in the mirror every day. you say you take good care of your hair. no dye, heat abuse, etc?

like you, my hair loss started very young in my mid twenties. there is no hair loss in my family history either. i lost what i lost very rapidly, and years later i'm still shedding like a dog, but my hair still LOOKS the same. so it might actually not get worse for you.

this indicates that what we might have is a telogen effluvium. MPB is progressive and it doesn't **** up your hairs texture like that. when your doctor checked your iron and thyroid, did you ask to actually see te numbers? sometimes they just say "it came back normal" but neglect to give you the lab results. what's defined as the normal range is often insufficient for sustained hair growth, and you'll shed without growing it back. any extreme changes in your diet or exercise habits recently?

i've attached some pics of mine so you can compare.

try to keep living. i hope we can fight through this and maybe one day find a solution.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapchat-184338613232870057.jpg

Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	53504   Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapchat-8962295219759650453.jpg

Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	53505  

Hey man, how is it going with propecia and sides? How many mg are you taking by the way? I have just been thinking of starting up and would appreciate any and all feedback from guys who started young (ish).. Im 26.

I had a hair fall patch right before the center of my head. It made me look really bad. You cant really do any hairstyle properly. I have reversed the effects thanks to a serum. No side effects.