+ Reply to Thread

Default I am screwed right?

Hi everyone. I guess I am around a NW2-Nw3. My hair is falling fast though. Faster than ever. I started Minoxidil back in September and it seems to have made my hair worst with no improvements. It seems like it is not working and my hairloss is progressing. This sucks. I cannot tolerate Fin. I do not know what to do. I tried RU but have sides with that too. Man times are tough. I hate you Cosmo for pushing the acne trials first. ANy advice would be great. I hope everyone is hanging in there.

Wrong. You are not necessarily screwed. If you have the stomach to deal with this rough part of your treatment, I would say see it through. Give it up to the full 18 months. Just a few months ago, I fell back to baseline, if not slightly worse and I considered throwing in the towel. Finally things are starting to look better for me. Unfortunately we all cant be one of those guys that grows all his hair back in six months. For most of us it will take over a year, maybe even two.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Wrong. You are not necessarily screwed. If you have the stomach to deal with this rough part of your treatment, I would say see it through. Give it up to the full 18 months. Just a few months ago, I fell back to baseline, if not slightly worse and I considered throwing in the towel. Finally things are starting to look better for me. Unfortunately we all cant be one of those guys that grows all his hair back in six months. For most of us it will take over a year, maybe even two.
    Thanks for the response Not so cool. But the thing is I cannot tolerate Fin so wouldn't I be doomed?

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Just a few months ago, I fell back to baseline, if not slightly worse and I considered throwing in the towel. Finally things are starting to look better for me. Unfortunately we all cant be one of those guys that grows all his hair back in six months. For most of us it will take over a year, maybe even two.

What about those of us who the medication has made us fall about 30-40% BELOW baseline? I've been taking fin for 5 months and it's taken me down about 40% of my original density

Quote Originally Posted by GT123 View Post
    What about those of us who the medication has made us fall about 30-40% BELOW baseline? I've been taking fin for 5 months and it's taken me down about 40% of my original density
    Damn, that's a tough one. I would still say you have to see treatments through. I know it is tough, but that is the only way you will truly know if fin will work for you. Unfortunately only time will tell. If you quit, you will never know, and you will continue to lose anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    Thanks for the response Not so cool. But the thing is I cannot tolerate Fin so wouldn't I be doomed?
    You still have minoxidil, so you still have something. You really have to give these treatments time to work.

I hope you are right man. Because it has been nine months and my hair has only gotten worse. I started nizoral 2 % in April also.