+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default It might be Body hair

I've never posted under the cutting edge/future treatment thread. I have always been more of a lurker, never taking place in discussion. I have recently come to the conclusion or thought that the 'cure' or at least supplemental replacement of a large portion of hair for balding men might come from our already existing body hair.
    I know, I know BHT already exists. Some guys that do it have very mixed results, some Doctors that do it don't even trust it. I know, not all body hair, facial hair leg hair, etc, translates well in a transplant and looks good. I also know that body hair grows at a different rate and is a different species than hair on the human head. But guys and girls, were talking about coverage. Were talking about the appearance of a full head of hair..
    My point is, in the future as body to head transplants become further explored and people try and more aggressively expand techniques for transplanting body hair, we could get to a point where guys are able to recoup 70-80% of their hair on top of the head, with transplants.
    The future is most likely streamlined, computer assisted, reduced scaring FUE technique for transplants from donor areas on the head. This should be coupled with research and experiments (which it already is) as to transplanting body hair with it. Maybe you do it in smaller sessions, who knows Im no expert and I've never had a transplant.
    Just know this, only about 1-5 of all hair on the human body is located on the head. It could be the way things go in the near future if there is no 'cure' or miracle drug around the corner...
    I'd say stem cell research/cloning will eventually be the way MPB is rectified, but advancement in transplanting body hair could be a plausible stop gap or solution for many men.
    Last edited by more; 07-11-2013 at 03:25 PM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by more View Post
    I've never posted under the cutting edge/future treatment thread. I have always been more of a lurker, never taking place in discussion. I have recently come to the conclusion or thought that the 'cure' or at least supplemental replacement of a large portion of hair for balding men might come from our already existing body hair.
    I know, I know BHT already exists. Some guys that do it have very mixed results, some Doctors that do it don't even trust it. I know, not all body hair, facial hair leg hair, etc, translates well in a transplant and looks good. I also know that body hair grows at a different rate and is a different species than hair on the human head. But guys and girls, were talking about coverage. Were talking about the appearance of a full head of hair..
    My point is, in the future as body to head transplants become further explored and people try and more aggressively expand techniques for transplanting body hair, we could get to a point where guys are able to recoup 70-80% of their hair on top of the head, with transplants.
    The future is most likely streamlined, computer assisted, reduced scaring FUE technique for transplants from donor areas on the head. This should be coupled with research and experiments (which it already is) as to transplanting body hair with it. Maybe you do it in smaller sessions, who knows Im no expert and I've never had a transplant.
    Just know this, only about 1-5 of all hair on the human body is located on the head. It could be the way things go in the near future if there is no 'cure' or miracle drug around the corner...
    I'd say stem cell research/cloning will eventually be the way MPB is rectified, but advancement in transplanting body hair could be a plausible stop gap or solution for many men.

BHT is old news. There are many issues with it as dr cole explained it in other thread. so its not that people don't have enough body hair to cover their head, you could harvest all your beard hair and body hair but

issues such as naturalness, growth cycle, angles, yield,

see this case from pioneer, typical poor patchy growth,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CTh...L2woEQMm-9MkJQ

and thres dr umars 20 000 grafts case and it looks bizzare

BHT costs about 8 dollars per graft and its one single hair per graft. Hair doesn't look natural either. A lot of the recipient grafts also fail.

Get ready to pay through the nose for this solution... Assuming your rich, because if your not, don't even dream about it.

Again Hellhouser and didi, these are arguments against the current BHT method and results. The whole point of this post was to try and stimulate discussion as to why looking into advancing BHT isn't plausible. People on this forum debate for days about the supposed stem cell transplants of Gho and Nigrams with very little 'scientific' backing or recognition having occurred from either.
    BHT have occurred and while it might be 'old news' and there are many pointed flaws to it, who says that its something that cannot be further explored and perfected to an extent. Thats the whole point of this post. Research into advancement of Body hair transplants. Not miracle drugs that look to be a decade away. Look at some of the hair transplants of the 80's... things can get better.

Doesn't matter, its still expensive and out of reach almost everyone. You might as well kidnap Dr. Roland Lauster and force him to cure you.. Then again, it is Lauster, doubt he'd do anything either, hasn't done anything since 2010.

Body hair is fine and in single grafts and finer and shorter than terminal scalp hair. Transplanting that would give you a head of weak, miniaturized hairs. You may think you're hairy, but it's not any good.

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    Body hair is fine and in single grafts and finer and shorter than terminal scalp hair. Transplanting that would give you a head of weak, miniaturized hairs. You may think you're hairy, but it's not any good.
    except for beard hair which is about 4x thicker than scalp hair..beard hair is great for density.

I would advice against BHT. Most individual that have got BHT are not happy with the results. I think beard hair might be best hair for BHT, but other BHT hair look too unnatural. I think there is a donor regeneration or hair doubling being offered by some doctors. I don't know how accurate are their claims, but if accurate i would think be a better option than BHT. You don't want to spend so much money on something that you might end up being unhappy with.

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post
    and thres dr umars 20 000 grafts case and it looks bizzare
    20 000 grafts, are you ****ing kiding me?

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    except for beard hair which is about 4x thicker than scalp hair..beard hair is great for density.
    But doesn't that leave a scar? a scar right on the face?

Not interested.

Fukk BHT. Nothing revolutionary here. Literally nothing.
    hellouser articulates well why this is the case.