+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

There's no doubt that he's had a transplant, but they also pile the makeup on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Watching the most recent 'Real Time' show ( S11/Ep4 ) this morning, Bill Maher's frontal scalp and hairline seems to be at its fullest. I'm sure that in the makeup room hair concealer is also applied but it is obvious that Maher had a HT or HTs done.

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    There's no doubt that he's had a transplant, but they also pile the makeup on him.
    I can attest to the make up part. I actually saw him live in Baltimore a few years ago at one of his stand up gigs and as we were exiting the theatre he walked by and was only a few feet away from me and the crowd. I swear on my life, once you got up that close the dude looked like a melting wax statue he had so much makeup on.

Unfortunately I didn't get a good look at his hair as I wasn't actively researching HTs back then.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Angry

Its interesting , he tries so hard to present himself as the ultimate American Liberal-willing to talk about everything under the sun..inform us of everything.
    Its so very obvious (especially hair loss sufferers) that he has had work done to improve his hairline and volume yet he would avoid that topic like the plague. He is more the ultimate pseudo-liberal

Why does he have to admit anything to you? How many people on this forum feel a responsibility to anyone anywhere to admit they had work done? Why should Bill Maher be held to a different standard?

His hair looks even better now than it did back in 2013.
    I was just watching his most recent show tonight,
    'Real Time With Bill Maher' S13 Ep30
    Check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    I think it was a fantastic job. Not overdone and close to being realistic. I'm sure in the makeup room much more is done prior to the show, i.e. Toppix-DermMatch-etc.
    This says a lot about how "undetectable" HT are. If a millionaire celebrity (with a team of makeup artists) can be detected, then what hope does the average guy have?

Arfy, your point of view on this was a decent one -lol- very true.

There have been other actors out there years ago that had had hair transplantation done and some of those actors didn't seem to have decent work done.
    Many years ago now.
    Today's technology has gotten better since then.

Quote Originally Posted by arfy View Post
    This says a lot about how "undetectable" HT are. If a millionaire celebrity (with a team of makeup artists) can be detected, then what hope does the average guy have?
    Not sure if you meant this jokingly but if you were serious I'll tell you this....lots of Celebs are too busy to research clinics. They chose the big name clinics like Alvi Armani in Beverly Hills (Chef Gordon Ramsay went there) and get mediocre work done. I'd say my HT is undetectable and I've met a handful of guys who's HT's looks fantastic and I wouldn't have known unless they told me or I only knew because I knew them pre-op.

Also, Artista is right about technology getting better so if they had work done years ago it won't match the work done today.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliD View Post
    Not sure if you meant this jokingly but if you were serious I'll tell you this....lots of Celebs are too busy to research clinics. They chose the big name clinics like Alvi Armani in Beverly Hills (Chef Gordon Ramsay went there) and get mediocre work done. I'd say my HT is undetectable and I've met a handful of guys who's HT's looks fantastic and I wouldn't have known unless they told me or I only knew because I knew them pre-op.

Also, Artista is right about technology getting better so if they had work done years ago it won't match the work done today.
    You just said Alvi Armani's clinic is mediocre - but they are doing the state-of-the-art procedures. I'm not trying to argue with you, but in editorializing on my post, you've contradicted yourself. Guys can get lousy results with today's modern techniques - even celebrities. HT is a flawed process, with limitations on what it can achieve, no matter what techniques are used.

Also, if there are only a few dozen great clinics among the hundreds of clinics doing HT, then it's a mistake to talk about "what HT are like today" and only limit the scope of discussion to a handful of recommended doctors. Lets talk about what happens to the average person, who doesn't have a team of makeup artists, and doesn't have a team of hair stylists to cover up their transplants with wigs (like Nicholas Cage for example). For all we know, Bill Maher or Gordon Ramsey is wearing a wig behind a transplanted hairline. How would anybody but his stylist know?

I hate threads like this, I think they are misleading, and it's only guessing.

arfy, you're absolutely right. I misspoke about Alvi Armani. It could be a good clinic. It's just not one that's often mentioned on hair forums. That doesn't mean much. I think many un-talked about clinics do good work and there's way more than just a dozen or so great places. With that being said not everyone is a good candidate and everyone is taking a risk with HT or any other elective procedure even with a good clinic/dr. I had reconstructive surgery on my nose as a teenager and the dr nearly killed me and ruined my breathing for the next 20 years until I was brave enough to let another dr fix his work. 2nd procedure turned out great and I could breath again and didn't choke in my sleep for the first time in 20 years.

Sounds like you had a bad experience and for that I'm truly sorry. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I didn't actually read this thread. I just skimmed it and noticed your comment.