Advice needed. - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Advice needed.

Unhappy Advice needed.

Hello to bald brothers,

Just turned 20 and have horrible situation out here. Started minoxidil 3weeks ago but shedding like a horse which drives me crazy. Only option I have is to hop on Finasteride, which im little bit scepticsl because of the side effects. Do you think that fin+minox would be helpful in this situation or do i have to think about transplant already? Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	A001FEC5-C50C-49E8-9722-DEC076E48BC2.jpg

Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	61204   Click image for larger version

Name:	4DCB0C46-D7B1-4812-931C-5B192F80B5B5.jpg

Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	61205  

Quote Originally Posted by NiceForWhat View Post
    Hello to bald brothers,

Just turned 20 and have horrible situation out here. Started minoxidil 3weeks ago but shedding like a horse which drives me crazy. Only option I have is to hop on Finasteride, which im little bit scepticsl because of the side effects. Do you think that fin+minox would be helpful in this situation or do i have to think about transplant already? Thank you.
    20 years old and hair transplant? Please view my thread before you do something stupid like HT at 20 years old.

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...car?highlight=

Hello, yes fin + min could definitely help your situation. Although you're thinning you've still got quite a lot going on there. My situation was similar to yours (thinning all over), started fin + min + derma rolling all at the same time, shed buckets of hair for a very long time, 6 months in and have very good regrowth. Good luck.

I'm actually quite concerned with the number of very young guys who say that the side effects of fin put them off from taking it, but have no compunction about surgery.

All medications have side effects (just read the side of a bottle of aspirin), almost all the side effects of fin seem to be anecdotal, I've been taking it more than ten years without any problem, and so have many, many other guys. You can always stop taking it if you don't like what it does to you.

just checked in, thank you guys for reply and sharing your thoughts. I visited dermatologist who refused to prescribe finasteride yet, she thinks its dangerous to start at young age and suggested topical finasteride 0,1% + PRP.... I am still thinking to get prescribtion from someone else as topical one is highly expensive and still doesnt have too good reviews. and PRP maybe once a month. I do not want to regret decision of not taking drug when I will continue losing hair and it will look much worse. What do you think about PRP once a month + minoxidil + derma rolling? and what do you know about topical fin sold on Amazon? Thanks again, wish you all the best( especially getting back neat hairlines )

I can tell you from first hand experience that fin DOES have horrible side effects for some of us. I took it and immediately felt like I was castrated. I lowered dosage down to 1/4 of the prescription but it didn’t help. I quit after a few weeks but the sides lasted another month plus. It was scary. I was 45 when I tried it. I agree that some men feel nothing and I wish that had been me. But for those that are affected, watch out!!!

Very surprised your dem wouldn't prescribe you Fin, that must be very frustrating. I'm from England and as long as your over 18 you can self-certify online (online pharmacy) and get a prescription sent to your house - nothing like that where you are?

Question

Heya, So my regimen so far is minoxidil and dermaroller for the last month and a half and I can already see lots of very tiny uncolored baby hairs in front of the scalp. will they necessarily grow into normal hairs and am i lucky or it just happens to anybody and might stay way it is.. Cz if they grow normal I wont have too much complaints for my hair anymore.. Whats you experience.. Should I hop on Fina or just wait for a while as results are showing off??

2month update. fina+minox
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	15943EEA-995D-450A-BEC1-B34313BBCA40.jpg

Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	62783  

You look better.! Thanks for update.