+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Talking Am I too late for treatment? Need advice (20yo

Hello everyone I was following this forum but this is my first post here. I'm 20yo university student, suffering from mpb since 2012. Summer of 2012 my closest friends and family were telling me that there is something wrong with my vertex but it seemed normal to me, 2012 august was the last month I remember myself with full head of hair than I had to cut my hair so I saw that my hair is pretty thin. Whatever it was again not that bad but I had to do something these days I guess. So I started minoxidil 2013 Feb. I use that about 2 months but I stopped because it was not practical for me and I thought it is not working but hell yeah I should use it 6 months. these days I realized that my vertex is thinning so fast so I could see my skin. Than I started minoxidil back and use it for 3-4 month 2013 Sept to December I guess.hair was going worse and than I started make a search about mpb. Yeah I knew about fin but I don't want to use that things. So I tried to add Aldactone into a hair lotion and use it. In my country you can't easily find ru or spiro lotion or cream you have to do it with what you got :/ so I used that 4 months my sister told me that my hair started to going better but it was smelling like a corpse really it was killing me and everyone living with me so I stopped and now I'm here to take some advices I'm adding photos please let me know if I can regrow my hair or am I too late.
    I'm sorry if I made some Grammer mistakes hope you understand me
    Oh I hope photos are okay
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150310_114550~2.jpg

Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	37860   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150310_114441.jpg

Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	37861   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150310_114817.jpg

Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	37862  

Cmon guys

I don't think you're late. You should start Fin ASAP. All the best. I hope you have regrowth!!

It seems like there is no way except fin. I'm afraid of side effects. What dosage will be good for me? Should I use a home made topical spiro

Quote Originally Posted by thickerthanhair View Post
    It seems like there is no way except fin. I'm afraid of side effects. What dosage will be good for me? Should I use a home made topical spiro
    For sure it's not to late for you, you look like you are a NW 2 and could growth some back and keep most.

My hair loss looked very much like yours by the time I was 20, which is when I staryed Fin

I'm aware it's a dangerous drug but I used it for 10 years without sides so I was able to spend my twenties with a decent amount of hair.

I was using fin with minox and got most of my vertex back however continued with some hairline recession but not the end of the world

I had to stop by the time I was 30 since sides finally got to me but my hair loss is not that aggressive anymore and my age is a least a bit more reasonable now for hair loss

Talk to a doctor and understand if you can use fin and at least give it a try...if you experience sides you can always stop and the chances of something permanent are very low

Good luck

Your story is similar to mine. Noticed thinning at 18, by 20 looked similar to yours. Now 23. Was on non medical regime for a year, nizoral, s5 cream, and copper spray. Saw no change. Finally went on fin 6 months ago, havnt noticed any sides, or much results really. Any ways, diffidently not to late for you. Would see a doctor first before going on fin but also would not be so worried about sides. If you do get them then just simply get off the drug. Not too many other choices that actually work and taking minox without fin wont stop the hair loss.

Thank you for answer
    Doctor told me not to start fin because it will change my hormones. But still I can see another doctor. Well I guess I will start 0.5 mg fin daily and two times a day minox, every 3rd day dermaroller, every 3rd day ketaconazole cream or shampoo.
    My pharmacist friend told me that I can mix Diana 35 with a shampoo and use it daily but it must be stay on your head 5-10 min. It seems funny but maybe I can take a try. Maybe I make a spiro lotion. What is your opinions

The reality of the situation is that we have 2 things that are approved to treat your hair loss. Finasteride and minoxidil. I understand not wanting to use these meds as each has it's drawbacks and might not even work, but they are pretty much all we have. One thing I don't understand is how people are deathly afraid to take fin because of the small chance of sides, but are willing to take experimental treatments without even knowing what side effects they can produce. And yes, ALL experimental drugs or future treatments will have sides. Maybe they will not effect your D, but they definitely have the potential to screw you up.

Thank you for answer Well than I'm starting regime today I hope it works I will update every month

Good luck! I'm going to my Primary today to get a fin script. One thing my hair dr said is to get a baseline reading of your PSA before starting fin. Apparently, just to be sure it doesn't mess with your prostate numbers. He is also writing me a script for the 5% fin which I'll break into fourths. This will stretch the supply out 3 months and lower costs.