+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default PRP with Fibrin matrix

Hi everyone - not too sure if you have read my thread in the introduce section however I am officially starting a clinical study next Monday using PRP with fibrin matrix - this is different from ACell and contains more fiber and has shown anecdotally to work in the hairline and crown region.

My hairline is receding and my hair isn't that bad BUT this Will tell if it really works.

Check out the clinical trials site and let me know what you think - your support is greatly appreciated as I am incredibly nervous

Hey man, I was thinking of participating in this study too and have even talked to the people performing it (but I've never met them in person). Please let me know how the doctors are and other insight into the procedure. Thanks.

Depressed - I have a lot of questions for them however I googled dr. Sclifani the guy doing it and he is rated over and over again as a top doctor, etc... Just nervous because what if my hair falls out you know

Sstano; that sounds exciting, where are you located? Where are the trials taking place?

Hey clandestine, I can answer this question. The trials are located in southern New York state, about 45 minutes north of Manhattan.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    Hey clandestine, I can answer this question. The trials are located in southern New York state, about 45 minutes north of Manhattan.
    By who? I have a good feeling about this stuff!

Hey Kiwi, a doctor named Anthony Sclafani is performing this study/treatment. I did a search online and people have nothing but good things to say about this doctor. I too have a good feeling about these non-surgical regenerative medical studies. Here is the link: http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT01590238

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    Hey Kiwi, a doctor named Anthony Sclafani is performing this study/treatment. I did a search online and people have nothing but good things to say about this doctor. I too have a good feeling about these non-surgical regenerative medical studies. Here is the link: http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT01590238
    Nice. Hopefully we'll see some good results in May. That's a great find

I called around about PRP. Was going to have a consult with a doctor in California who has been doing PRP for hair loss. I spoke with the associate that books that appointments (which are free). She was friendly and informative. She told me people are flying in from around the country. She wouldn't tell me definitively how much it costs. "Depends on how much you need." I squeezed out of her each session perhaps $2500 or more. I asked her if she had seen any benefits in the clientele and she replied that some of the patients have reported slowing of their hair loss. I asked her if she had seen anyone regrow noticeable amounts of hair in the frontal, top, or crown area. She said "no" and reiterated that the anecdotal reports were for slowing of hair loss. I was disappointed with her response. I would have at least hoped for propaganda (as so many use). There are always studies released that have positive findings but fail to show benefits in the real world. I hope that this study will find positive results and the results released before publication which can take another year or more.

I went for a consultation with Dr Raghu Reddy in The Harley Street Clinic in London about having similar PRP injections. He has been "trained" by Dr Gary Hitzig who flew over from the US to the UK a few months before I met Dr Reddy.

I paid 50 pounds for the consultation (approximately 90 USD) only to be told by Dr Reddy that he does not recommend having the injections. He said it is still extremely experimental, that it hasn't been proven to work and that the people he had given the injections to were all experiencing shock loss.

I was furious that I paid him money for this consultation only to be talked out of having it by him. Why the hell does he let people pay him for these consultations if he doesn't believe in the procedure and tries to talk people out of doing it! Its like he just wanted my money for a 5 minute consultation.